Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

v2 gearbox broken spring guide.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 13th, 2011, 11:16   #1
Rechkalov7

v2 gearbox broken spring guide.

Hi,

I was recently putting together my jing gong s-system v2 gearbox and one of the tabs on the spring guide snapped off. Do you It is necessary to buy another one or do you think I will fine as it is? I mean are the tabs necessary or will it work without both? There is a nut at the end of the spring guide to allow the attachment of the stock and i couldn't find any similar spring guide around so i was aslo wondering if someone would know where to find one.

Thanks in advance.
Rechkalov7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:22   #2
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
I have the same gun and it's the same V2 spring guide as everywhere else.

I guess it would work without one of the tab with the pressure of the spring but it could be also misaligned and cause jam with your piston.

Just change it for a Modify one.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:26   #3
Rechkalov7

Hi,

ok but i can't find any sping guide for sale who shows there's a nut at the end. And i don't want to buy something that i'm not sure will fit 100%. Does all the v2 spring guide come with the nut to fit the stock? Cause i've seen a few pics and they don't seem to have it.
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:49   #4
VooDooPeteK

Not all have that nut but they are all threaded so if it's a v2 hen any v2 spring guide will work
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:03   #5
Rechkalov7

Hi,

ok thanks to you both. Then if there are treads it mean its a non moving part, then the guide is not moving, which makes me think that both tabs are not necessary. I'll order one anyways.

Thanks again.
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:38   #6
m102404
Tys

Astute observation re. the lack of movement of the spring guide if the stock tube is screwed into it...you are correct...sort of, sometimes.

HOWEVER...the nut in many of the plastic spring guides is simply a nut placed into the back of the plastic spring guide. While it may seem like it...the nut does not actually hold the spring guide in place, but rather allows the stock tube to attach to the receiver. The spring guide body itself could (perhaps easily) break free of the nut and then cause havok in the spring area (not good).

BUT....the bodies of some spring guides are actually metal and threaded themselves where the stock tube screw actually screws into the body of the spring guide and then DOES in effect do away with the need for the alignment pins.

So...it depends on what you get. In general...the nut holds the stock tube on...the spring guide tabs/pins keep the spring guide aligned.

I hope that's confusing and muddies things up nicely for you

PS..to the point, replace whatever broken part you have. ALL v2 spring guides will have some sort of nut/threading in the back of it.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:01   #7
EscapisT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Astute observation re. the lack of movement of the spring guide if the stock tube is screwed into it...you are correct...sort of, sometimes.

HOWEVER...the nut in many of the plastic spring guides is simply a nut placed into the back of the plastic spring guide. While it may seem like it...the nut does not actually hold the spring guide in place, but rather allows the stock tube to attach to the receiver. The spring guide body itself could (perhaps easily) break free of the nut and then cause havok in the spring area (not good).

BUT....the bodies of some spring guides are actually metal and threaded themselves where the stock tube screw actually screws into the body of the spring guide and then DOES in effect do away with the need for the alignment pins.

So...it depends on what you get. In general...the nut holds the stock tube on...the spring guide tabs/pins keep the spring guide aligned.

I hope that's confusing and muddies things up nicely for you

PS..to the point, replace whatever broken part you have. ALL v2 spring guides will have some sort of nut/threading in the back of it.

+1.... If you're really not sure, just spend the 15$ for a new metal one. I once put a slightly cracked piston in my gun. the crack was merely a 3mm hairline from screwing on the piston head too tight... It shattered in my gun on the first shot and stripped my bevel gear where it connects to the spur. Spending 20$ beats spending 20$ plus 50 for your shenanigans.
Money is an issue for me, so I'll be careful next time.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1968

You cant go wrong with modify
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1693

Last edited by EscapisT; June 14th, 2011 at 03:26..
EscapisT is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner