Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What does your GF, partner, wife or husband say about your hobby?

:

General

Old February 3rd, 2011, 22:46   #46
Torque

My wife hates airsoft. Shes happy that I have a hobby that I enjoy but she hates the money I've spent on it in the last few years.(since when did it matter if your airsoft kit was worth more than anything else you own.....combined).

Zombie Emergency Response Operations
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 22:54   #47
dogtoy

Wife doesn't like it , the other very few I tried to explain it to obviously didn't understand it
& after my explanation , stared a me for a few moments , before quite seriously asking
"are you a terrorist?"
I now do not attempt to discuss or explain airsoft to anyone not already familiar with it......
dogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 23:27   #48
AS92-RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtoy View Post
Wife doesn't like it , the other very few I tried to explain it to obviously didn't understand it
& after my explanation , stared a me for a few moments , before quite seriously asking
"are you a terrorist?"
I now do not attempt to discuss or explain airsoft to anyone not already familiar with it......
Are you brown by chance?
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 23:30   #49
SnapBack
a.k.a. Bloodlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1 View Post
my wife says she doesn't care anymore because i have gone to far.
I do not know what she means ( five military vehicles, one armoured patrol boat and over
a 150 guns not including 40 pistols. I guess that s what she means. she buys stuff and so do i!!
Pics or it didn't happen.

My old lady thinks I'm nuts spending so much on toy guns. Then I bought a PTW and well, she wasn't too happy. LOL.

She also doesn't understand the whole wearing a specific kit thing, she thinks me and my buddies are a bunch of nerds!
Old February 3rd, 2011, 23:42   #50
Cokeman
a.k.a. az29okg

Is airsoft socially acceptable?

I've been wondering about this for a while now (ok, just a few weeks since I only learned about Airsoft at Christmas). Nobody blinks an eye if you tell them that you enjoy playing "Call of Duty" or "Halo" or "Quake". Yet, when you tell someone that you are going to be dressing up as a soldier and running around shooting each other, they often get this slightly quisical look on their face and you just know they are thinking "what the f@cking nutjob talking about!!!"

I had a talk with one of my work collegues about socially acceptable hobbies. He is part of an international organization that promotes play fighting (just like our airsoft), but in a medivial setting/period. So, they dress up in medival period costumes (i.e. suit of armor, chain mail, etc) and fight with swords (made from bamboo). Yet, I think their activity is much more socially acceptable as they've actually put on displays (involving play fighting) at our bi-annual town fair.

So, maybe in 200 years, when all fighting is done by computers and remote controlled drones, airsoft may become socially acceptable - as a way to keep history alive.

P.S. - just to get back on topic. My wife doesn't seem to mind as she is used to me going off the deep end when I start something new. She also grew up on a farm with real guns. So, she really sees my airsoft gun as a toy.
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 23:48   #51
Padkiller

My girlfriend actually likes to kiss and............. a soldier, ok, I'm gonna join the reserve soon so I'm not a real soldier yet, but my airsoft gear looks like a soldier's for her !

Seriously, airsoft is a hobby, like any other, I'm the first to explain what airsoft is and why it's not a military fanatic hobby !
Heck, I made my last english class presentation about airsoft, the class really liked hearing about my hobby !!!
Old February 3rd, 2011, 23:59   #52
Ozone06

My wife doesn't mind, the money's allocated for it, it was Airsoft or Golf,

I'm pretty sure she would have minded the possible "alone" time the drink cart girls on the course more than me getting up at Oh dark thirty to shoot at other guys.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 00:02   #53
ViR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
...I had a talk with one of my work collegues about socially acceptable hobbies. He is part of an international organization that promotes play fighting (just like our airsoft), but in a medivial setting/period.......
My gf was part of such group, so she doesnt mind airsoft too much. Plus I always mention physical exercise, and A LOT more fun than gym. Money? As long as I spend more on her then airsoft she is ok... ...could have bought PTW for price of some diamond earings
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 00:12   #54
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
I ditched my ex, quit airsoft and spend all my disposable income on astronomy and traveling now.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:36   #55
Space Bot
a.k.a. Servius

I feel a little special after reading most of these haha.
My GF prefers me to go out and play Airsoft, she finds it a lot better then just playing CoD or MoH or any of that crap.
Just as long as I do what ever with her when she asks.
And hell, I came home one day from work to find her staring at my M4 only to tell me "You've got a crack in that crappy ABS body"
She also knows almost every external part of my gun haha. I pull any piece out and she can name what it is.
I feel so lucky =P
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:53   #56
AXe Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post
Dude they are action figures not dolls 8)
Girls play with dolls
yes they are action figures and not dolls,that is what she calls them.
And yes I play with them all the time. I recreate starwars in my basement with them.

She thinks I have a mental issue.
AXe Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:18   #57
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Gf tolerates it and thinks its kinda cool. Shes not a big fan at all about guns or the Army...which explains she why she hates it every time I mention joining the CF.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17

Last edited by Desmodus; February 4th, 2011 at 08:21..
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:52   #58
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

She's fine with the hobby itself...but she complains about my expenses in that hobby
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:26   #59
dogtoy

"are you a terrorist?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS92-RD View Post
Are you brown by chance?

sometimes ,..only in the summer....
dogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:03   #60
Lotech

My wife comes out with me and plays. She loves it when I purchase new gear for her. I got lucky on this as many wives hate the sport. Happy happy, Joy joy!!!

"If life was easy, we'd all have one" LOTECH
Lotech is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General