Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Rubber Shuriken!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:05   #16
Jimski

I would say it's more difficult to hit someone with a shuriken, especially if you can't get them with a well-placed BB...that would amount to a knife-hit, probably in the dark, in the back somewhere in a poorly lit area...
aaand also we could expand our loadouts to the Ninja Loadout, which is pretty cool

I'd say give it a try
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:46   #17
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

I wouldn't like to receive one in my face...better be careful with these.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:48   #18
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
OK The rubber knife kills were good for sniper Spotter combo's and CQB tight spaces. Then tossing them became a bit of a stretch on the role playing. Shuriken though is the Line! I think if you check a 1000 kit bags in every State and Province you won't find a Shuriken in one. Hell, Black Ops has a RC but no Shuriken. If I see Rubber Shuriken tossed around a local field and someone calling a hit, I'm gonna bring Kraft cheese slices to the next game and you better call that hit too. Its Fkn Symtex baby!!!!
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:55   #19
cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
I'm gonna bring Kraft cheese slices to the next game and you better call that hit too. Its Fkn Symtex baby!!!!
Finally someone is bringing me free food at the game , ok I'll call out if I can eat it

As for the shurikens, if people are going use em then I want my rubber katana!
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:07   #20
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
I'm gonna bring Kraft cheese slices to the next game and you better call that hit too. Its Fkn Symtex baby!!!!
Thanks for sig...lol
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:11   #21
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
OK The rubber knife kills were good for sniper Spotter combo's and CQB tight spaces. Then tossing them became a bit of a stretch on the role playing. Shuriken though is the Line! I think if you check a 1000 kit bags in every State and Province you won't find a Shuriken in one. Hell, Black Ops has a RC but no Shuriken. If I see Rubber Shuriken tossed around a local field and someone calling a hit, I'm gonna bring Kraft cheese slices to the next game and you better call that hit too. Its Fkn Symtex baby!!!!
never said I'd use them at a game...
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:42   #22
Jimski

interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuriken

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, shuriken were not primarily intended as a killing weapon, but rather as a secondary weapon that sometimes played a role supportive to a main weapon, usually the sword or spear. Shuriken were primarily used to cause either nuisance or distraction.[1] Targets were primarily the eyes, face, hands, or the feet, the areas most exposed by armor. The shuriken would sometimes be thrown in a way that cuts the opponent and become lost, later causing the opponent to believe that they were cut by an invisible swordsman.
Shuriken, especially hira-shuriken, were also used in other novel ways – they might be embedded in the ground, injuring those who stepped on them (similar to a caltrop or tetsubishi), wrapped in fuse to be lit and thrown to cause fire, or wrapped in a cloth soaked in poison and lit to cover an area with a cloud of poisonous smoke. They can also be used as a handheld striking weapon in close combat.

There are reports of shuriken being coated with poison intended either for a throwing target or for whoever may pick them up when left in a conspicuous place. Other reports indicate that shuriken may have been buried in dirt or animal feces and allowed to rust and harbor the bacterium Clostridium tetani – if the point penetrated a victim deeply enough the bacteria transferred into the wound could cause a then incurable tetanus infection.

Shuriken are a simple weapon, but their historical value, thanks to their wide variety of uses and the ready availability of material from which they could be made, has increased. Unlike the treasured katana and other bladed weapons, antique shuriken are not often well preserved, largely due to their original status as throwaway weapons.

Last edited by Jimski; December 2nd, 2010 at 12:45..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:46   #23
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Lol. Okay. I'll bite and take 10 if you're ordering. Haha
I think melvin ordered some back in summer
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 13:06   #24
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
I actually do have a rubber shuriken in my admin pouch. Never used it though as the opportunity for more comical up close and personal melee kills has always been available. I will now also carry a cheese slice.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; December 2nd, 2010 at 13:08..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 16:24   #25
Scouser

actually one of the guys on my team has one of the rubber throwing stars, the look on the guys face he killed with it at the indoor arena here was PRICELESS! lol its great for close range mercy kills without makin a ton of noise
Old December 2nd, 2010, 16:28   #26
Slow
Loves Furries

Got hit by a mag once...had to say i was hit just out shame.

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 16:29   #27
Slow
Loves Furries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
actually one of the guys on my team has one of the rubber throwing stars, the look on the guys face he killed with it at the indoor arena here was PRICELESS! lol its great for close range mercy kills without makin a ton of noise
Are you talking about Rolly?

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 17:34   #28
sirtaco27

Shuriken were primarily used to cause either nuisance or distraction. hmm. I guess I'll have to roll with my... CHEESE LAUNCHER!

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:44   #29
Greenwolf
Talraga

Send a message via MSN to Greenwolf
Well if your justifying the cheese as being a block of Semtex, you should have to shout "BOOM" when you get a kill with it.

And if we're talking funny improvised explosive launchers, I'll just get an Ottawa special grenade and a slingshot.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:55   #30
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Cheap Assed hand Grenades. We filled those plastic kinder surprise eggs (the plastic ones not the chocolate) with Cheap .12 BB's. Toss one inside a room and they caused a lot of chaos

One game was almost entirely played with these just out of everyone having a blast with them
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion