Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TSD VSR 10 piston won't hold back.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 19th, 2010, 19:00   #1
brently0725

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with Laylax parts at all. I have a TSD VSR 10 clone that I have put about an extra $1000 in parts on it. All Laylax parts with a PDI barrell. I have the Laylax Zero Trigger with piston, Teflon Cylinder and cylinder head, bearing spring guide. The problem I'm having is when all put together the piston will not stay back when cocked. The latch that slides up from the zero trigger behind the bearing spring guide is in place. The sears on the zero trigger are not worn and the piston shows no sign of damage! Or if anyone could point me to a forum post that has anything about this. I searched for about an hour and found nothing!! I have been successfully upgrading guns for a few years now and haven't had a problem like this. It's driving me nutz!! Thanks in advance for any help!!
Old July 19th, 2010, 19:19   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Read in a previous post regarding this sort of set up using a Zero Trigger, you need the matching piston it was designed to go with to make it work, otherwise you'll get the same issue you are having. Thread was maybe three weeks ago. I don't have any experience with the VSR, but I logged the info in my brain just in case (since I give advice for lots of sniper rifle stuff, or pass on to those that are more expert on other platforms than I am. For this, Amos is your man.)
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 19:52   #3
Kos-Mos

Make sure you have the orange PSS10 piston. The red one is designed for the stock trigger system and won't work.

If you are certain you have the orange piston, remove the trigger and make sure it works properly outside the gun (press on the latch with your thumb and pull the trigger).

If both the trigger and piston are ok, I don't know what else to say.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 20:07   #4
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Some chineese clones need to be filed down where the trigger assembly meets the body to allow propper meeting between the 2 parts i have seen it in one of Bean's upgrade Threads.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...&highlight=VSR

Scroll down to post #3 youll see what i mean.

Hope this helps
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:45   #5
CJay

Also I came across a similar problem where the trigger set needed shimmed to help it catch. Works bothe ways. Too high or too low can cause te problem ur describing.
Old July 20th, 2010, 15:07   #6
brently0725

Thanks guys. I should've bought a G Spec to begin with. After all the money I've put into it now it would've been a better idea!! I'm gonna take a look tonight at it. I haven't played in a while.
Old July 26th, 2010, 15:23   #7
brently0725

Well folks I fixed it!!! The Laylax bearing spring guide base and spring guide come apart if you unscrew them. Mine was unscrewed about a 1/4 inch. ALWAYS LOCTITE THE THREADS ON THE BEARING SPRING GUIDE!!! LOL. Works like a dream now guys!!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner