Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Site Supporting Retailers > Retailer Resolution Center
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Big Shark Airsoft

:

Retailer Resolution Center

Old July 9th, 2010, 21:03   #1
gaivrn

Trade Rating: 1
Big Shark Airsoft

I purchased a VFC M4 AEG from Big Shark Airsoft several months ago (it was around (Feburary or March). I put about 60 BBs through the gun, and I shelved it for a number of weeks. Later on when I tried to fire it, it simply wouldn't work. I tested different batteries and magazines, and nothing happened. I took the AEG to a gun doctor (DarkAngel), where it has been for several months now. Initially, we believed it to be a simple wiring problem. On further examination by Dark, he discovered that the body was heavily damaged. A pin that held the body in place was not correctly placed, and the body was damaged. Dark then did a bit of research, and opened the gun up. Inside, there was a whole bunch of yellow...glop, like the kind you find on Chinasoft guns. The glop has been eating through the gunparts. Now, I've been told that VFC guns do not come from the factory lubricated like this. I've also been told that the pin and the body would not be damaged and placed in the way it was if it had just come from the factory; the gun had obviously been opened before, and the insides were possibly tinkered with.

The first time we believed there was simply a wiring problem with the AEG, I contacted Peter at Big Shark for a refund. Peter told me that he would have to take the gun back, and have it looked at by his supplier, although I would not recieve a refund.

Now, the gun was purchased for 620 (or 640), I can't remember. And gun doctor fees have now almost reached 200. This is for a gun that has never been fielded, and almost never been fired. I was told by Peter that I would be recieving a new product. Instead, now I'm out over 800 bucks for a gun that doesn't work, and Dark, myself, and several friends have now wasted many hours trying to remedy the problem.

If there's been an understanding, Peter, please enlighten me. Otherwise, I'd like it if I could request the assistance of the community in resolving this conflict.
gaivrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 22:22   #2
Styrak

Trade Rating: 318
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
This section is only for disputes with ASC retailers.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 22:26   #3
gaivrn

I see. Could I please have it moved to the correct subsection, than, please?
Old July 10th, 2010, 01:34   #4
gaivrn

Since I can't seem to edit the thread, I forgot to mention that I would like a full refund and compensation at the conclusion of this matter. Again, if this is in the wrong section, could the administration kindly move it to the right place? Thank you.
Old July 10th, 2010, 09:29   #5
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Trade Rating: 142
**I am not involved with sales of Big Shark but have dealt with them before**

Unfortunately Peter does not frequent this site much, much less the Retailer Resolution Centre

One thing I can tell you is that I do not think you will be getting a refund or compensation for the fees. ASC can only help resolve matters within its own paid retailers but Peter is not part of ASC and is a separate entity on his own.

Situation #1 - Did you give it to him for his supplier to look at?

If you did not give it to him for his supplier to look at and you opened it up before giving it to him then there is nothing that can be gained at this point

Reason being is that most warranty becomes void if you opened it up yourself before bringing it to him.

Think of it as buying a Xbox 360.
1. You find out it does not turn on, its broken and no AC adaptor can power it on.
2. You or someone else opens it up in which that little sticker that says "warranty void if opened" is torn
3. You try to bring it back to Microsoft demanding a refund or try to fix it but unfortunately you opened it up yourself voiding the warranty support

If you ever do purchase another gun and it does not work immediately bring it back to the seller because once you tinker with it before giving it back you may make the problems even worse

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 13:39   #6
gaivrn

Peter said he would bring it to the supplier however he said he would not give me a refund, that is why I had a gun doctor to look it up.
Old July 12th, 2010, 14:33   #7
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Trade Rating: 142
Not giving a refund is usually standard for established businesses selling projectiles

Even for paintball markers they rarely offer refunds and in a case like this they would take back the gun and fix free of charge but no refunds.

One thing that could be wrong on Peter's part is perhaps he did not make it clear to you that all sales are final and no refunds.

Things to look out for Next time:
1. Make sure the gun works right there and then
2. Before purchasing ask about return policy or warranty
3. Ask about if there are any repair fees if the gun is found to be broken
(Most good retailers offer free of charge repair if the gun was legitimately Dead on arrival)

Aside from that I can tell you for certain there will be no refund, maybe free repairs by him if you are lucky but you already voided warranty by getting someone he doesn't know to open up the gun. Best thing to do now is remember and learn from this.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 07:58   #8
Drake
E-01

Trade Rating: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaivrn View Post
Since I can't seem to edit the thread, I forgot to mention that I would like a full refund and compensation at the conclusion of this matter. Again, if this is in the wrong section, could the administration kindly move it to the right place? Thank you.
"The right place" in this case would unfortunately be the trash bin.

Big Shark isn't a retailer on ASC.

This is akin to posting a problem you had with your car dealership on a Jenny Craig forum. The most I can do to help you is say "Good luck, man, hope you get this sorted out."

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Site Supporting Retailers > Retailer Resolution Center