Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC AN-PEQ15 Copy

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 1st, 2010, 21:47   #31
RacingManiac

VFC one is a cool toy...zero-able(though may not hold it with GBBR), works decent as a torch.....good for GBBR with no need for battery box

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 14:56   #32
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey guys, I got the VFC PEQ15 box with functional laser and light. What kind of rechargable CR123A batteries would you recommend? I dont want to blow up my box
You can use the RCR123's, which have a constant average voltage up to 3.7v, and peak at 4.25v. This will yield a brighter light output.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 17:47   #33
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Looks like it's a common problem. Turoks disconnected pressure bad connecter problem happened to mine. Shit is so delicate, like China made. I wonder if you cna get RS pressure switch to fit this.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 20:14   #34
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Looks like it's a common problem. Turoks disconnected pressure bad connecter problem happened to mine. Shit is so delicate, like China made. I wonder if you cna get RS pressure switch to fit this.
Yup, when I took it out of the box, it was loose already. I knew it would eventually come loose with handling. The black sheath around the cable doesn't go completely in the hole, and if you bend the black sheath, you can see the red and white wires it houses. These wires connect fragilely with the plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
You can use the RCR123's, which have a constant average voltage up to 3.7v, and peak at 4.25v. This will yield a brighter light output.
Im just going to use the rechargable ones as recommended in the instruction manual- 16340 RCR123A 3.7V or 17335 RCR123A 3V. I'll probably use the latter one, I dont want to risk frying my unit with increase voltage.

Last edited by turok_t; June 2nd, 2010 at 20:17..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 22:41   #35
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Yup, when I took it out of the box, it was loose already. I knew it would eventually come loose with handling. The black sheath around the cable doesn't go completely in the hole, and if you bend the black sheath, you can see the red and white wires it houses. These wires connect fragilely with the plug.

Im just going to use the rechargable ones as recommended in the instruction manual- 16340 RCR123A 3.7V or 17335 RCR123A 3V. I'll probably use the latter one, I dont want to risk frying my unit with increase voltage.
How did you fix the switch with the cables disconnected and a pain to get it into the rubber housing??

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 02:25   #36
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
How did you fix the switch with the cables disconnected and a pain to get it into the rubber housing??
You can't insert the 2 wires back in the small hole and angle 90 degrees to be pulled out on the other end. What you have to do is get a sharp exacto knife, and cut the rubber housing sagitally 1/2 way so that you have access to the inner chamber of the rubber housing. Solder the 2 wires back to the plug, use some sort of electrical tape to cover the exposed contacts (since the solder ends are in close proximity and you dont want them to contact). I then you cyanoacrylate glue with accelerate to seal back the 2 halves.
Old June 5th, 2010, 02:38   #37
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
The bulb is actually spec'ed to handle 4.5v just fine. Your unit won't get fried. You do risk increased wear though, but if that was really a concern, you should probably run this at 1.5v. You will barely see the light, but I'm sure it'll last a billion hours.

I don't have mine in front of me right now, but I believe the peak spec was even higher than 4.5v. Your call. The option is given to you. RCR123A's at 3.7v are a bit harder to find than standard 3.0v CR123A's.

3.0v rechargeables are the hardest to find, but do exist.

Last edited by ILLusion; June 5th, 2010 at 02:41..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 03:42   #38
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
The bulb is actually spec'ed to handle 4.5v just fine. Your unit won't get fried. You do risk increased wear though, but if that was really a concern, you should probably run this at 1.5v. You will barely see the light, but I'm sure it'll last a billion hours.

I don't have mine in front of me right now, but I believe the peak spec was even higher than 4.5v. Your call. The option is given to you. RCR123A's at 3.7v are a bit harder to find than standard 3.0v CR123A's.

3.0v rechargeables are the hardest to find, but do exist.
Dont know about the quality of these batteries, but check this out:

16340: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29066
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3273

17335: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4419
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:30   #39
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
http://www.ebairsoft.com/anpeq15-las...ck-p-3182.html

I got my replica yesterday and it is very sturdy and the laser is adjustable (unlike the Battle Axe version linked at the beginning of this thread). The light is decently bright, I'm not sure how bright the VFC version is even but this will easily do the job indoors.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion