Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Justice for airgun shooting...

:

General

Old April 22nd, 2010, 21:41   #16
scurvythepirate

I know a solution, stop walmart or Canadian Tires sales of airsoft guns. This way situations like this wont happen.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 22:25   #17
101jinx101
*backyard warrior*

ANY airgun I've seen sold at wal-mart or can. tire requires the purchaser to be 18+ anyway. As long as these companies employees are doing their jobs, these kids shouldn't have had access to these, unless they were property of the "adult" in the vehicle, in which case he should be charged to the furthest extent of the law. ESPECIALLY for giving them to minors. IN FACT, I believe someone should be defending our side of the arguement. Pellet guns have almost NO use except target practice, and they are still widely available. We are trying to evolve this sport, and because of some dumb-ass kids, might get our guns banned? Who's to say they won't just switch to higher power, metal projectile firearms? You can get hollowpoint pellets, I don't see anything that destructive coming out of an airsoft gun.
101jinx101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 23:41   #18
Crowin

Send a message via MSN to Crowin
Chubby kid prolly had it coming
Crowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 23:53   #19
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowin View Post
Chubby kid prolly had it coming
And how do you figure that?

Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 00:26   #20
L473ncy

I don't see why they don't release the name of the adult involved, I mean YCJA privacy and all that other bullshit and all but this is an adult we're talking about. Frontal lobe has probably developed to the point where he can gauge if it's a smart decision or not.

As well why aren't they being prosecuted by the crown for assault with firearm (or at least assault with a weapon)? If it was used in the commission of a crime they are treated as if they were the real thing so why not?

I think that someone involved has some sort of political connections or the police would be all over their ass.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 00:58   #21
Volko

Both Walmart and Canadian Tire have policies to check age verification before selling Airsoft Guns (at least this is how it worked, when I bought a Swiss knife there last). Kids will always be idiots, if it wasn't airsoft guns it would've been something else.

60% of the blame falls on the employee who sold them the airsoft guns without checking for id. But then again, who says being 18+ gives a person common sense.
Volko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:09   #22
Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiu View Post
And how do you figure that?
No one deserves it, but he wouldn't have to deal with it if he grew a dick and stood up for himself.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:46   #23
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
No one deserves it, but he wouldn't have to deal with it if he grew a dick and stood up for himself.
Or this is their response to him growing a dick and standing up for himself.

Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:35   #24
shaharov

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cactus Loco View Post
has anyone ever killed a "small animal" with an airsoft gun like fattys father claims? i really doubt that this is even possible, especially with clear walmart guns.
You may... may be able to kill a sparrow at point blank... like that's gonna happen. The case with a 425fps aug... if you shoot enough bb's at anything they eventually will kill it.

Last edited by shaharov; April 23rd, 2010 at 02:39..
shaharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 14:00   #25
Gravewolf

This sorta thing happens in my neighborhood and I am very displeased with these a-holes. Our community in my country is also having a hard time vying for the legality of airsoft and when things like these happen it gives us a bad rap. There was also an incident where it was used for robbery and the media was all over it like it was a weapon of evil. Its also included in the gun ban here since it the election period so i haven't played for months. I say we kidnap these creeps and give them an airsoft firing squad.
Gravewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 14:03   #26
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volko View Post
Both Walmart and Canadian Tire have policies to check age verification before selling Airsoft Guns (at least this is how it worked, when I bought a Swiss knife there last). Kids will always be idiots, if it wasn't airsoft guns it would've been something else.

60% of the blame falls on the employee who sold them the airsoft guns without checking for id. But then again, who says being 18+ gives a person common sense.
The crazy thing is you need to be 16 to buy a bb gun but 18 to buy an airsoft gun.. Automatic fire with .2g plastic bb's is worse than semi-single shot shooting lead pellets?
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 14:34   #27
naminator

If the 'bullies' beat the shit out of the kid with baseball bats would the father be crying out to ban Baseball?

I have been shot by a paint ball gun from a moving vehicle (bad neighborhood at night) and I am still alive, and believe me that paintball hurt ALOT more then any peppering of airsoft bb's.

I got reported for "cyber-bullying" (apparently kicking somebody from a game of counterstrike because you don't like them is bullying) in school. If the kid had hardened the fuck up and socked me I would have had a lot more respect for him... I would have kicked the crap out of him but still. That kid looks like he gets on people's nerves and when he gets razzed for it cries to his dad. Not saying he deserved it but anytime kids premeditate something (like this drive by) they probably have a reason for it. The kid going to his parents then admitting he is scared to go back to class because of one kid is bull. Maybe he should strike first, throw a fist or two and accept his punishment.

tl;dr Not saying he deserved it, but maybe he should man up.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 14:49   #28
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

For a minute, I thought it was the same ass who made this thread:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=103318
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 20:29   #29
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post

i thought the same thing, the only answer is bring a knife to school, for defense reasons or a "descrite KeyChain"

but whats a kid gota do
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:04   #30
shaharov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post

What the crap.... does he really expect help? Here's help.. take the thing apart, flush the screws down the toilet and throw the rest in the trash. It will help everyone if you do this.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General