Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New G&G GMP5 A4 NOT WORKING

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 9th, 2010, 09:29   #1
RicheX

Exclamation New G&G GMP5 A4 NOT WORKING

Hey everybody, so I got this gun 3 days ago, I charged my battery (9.6v 1400mAh), cleaned my gun, loaded my mag and then got out to shoot. Also, every piece of the gun is stock. The first day, everything went good, gun was shooting well, both on semi and full auto. But yesterday, I went shooting at my home made trap target in my home and thats when it started to become weird.

At the beggining, the gun was perfectly working, but after a while, it would shoot one time and then I would pull the trigger and nothing would happen, and thus happening a few times to end up pulling the trigger and nothing will happen anymore.

Also my handle (which is where the motor is located) became a bit warm so I decided to stop shooting and wait. I contacted a technician on Buyairsoft.ca who told me to contact the tech support, wich I did and I'm waiting for them to answer.

But I wonder if it may be the fuse or the cables or did I burn my motor... If it's the fuse I guess I'm gonna go to a car supply store and buy a new one, but how do I know if it is...

Also this is my first gun, and I don't know all of the terms but I have read a lot before buying one so I can understand a bit of those tricky things that a noob wouldn't.

Thanks for your help!
RicheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:23   #2
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I worked on an upgraded G&G M14 a few years back, it was used as a DMR gun, semi only most of the time, and it'd have periods of not cycling. Mind you, it was upgraded and had been shot a lot for close to a year, but it was a G&G gun, meaning same parts inside. What I found was the wiring was too thin, but also the motor had one of the brushes burned out, so it'd cycle and come to rest, maybe cycle again, but when the burned out brush lined up, the gun wouldn't cycle until I rotated the shaft, then it'd cycle a few more times then stop. My point, G&G uses crappy parts at times, the wiring and motor aren't very good. Also found bad arcing on the both trigger contacts, one was actually half burned through. I rewired with bigger wire, and installed an EG700 motor that the owner purchased, got the gun back up reliably again.

Not saying this is your problem, but just a heads up on G&G issues that might occur in the future. BTW, the motor getting a bit warm is about normal when shooting a lot. Wires getting hot is a bad thing though, means if any more current is drawn, they could actually burn up.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:13   #3
RicheX

Thanks for your answer about future issues I might get, and for the hint on the motor getting warm. As I didn't touch the wire I couldn't tell you if they were hot, but the fuse is apparently broken so I'm gonna change it this afternoon probably and try again. If it doesn't work then I'll call BuyAirsoft again.
Old April 9th, 2010, 13:01   #4
kalnaren

If the fuse blew than there is something physically causing your mechbox or motor to stop turning while drawing power. This is bad. I'd recommend having it looked at by a gundoc in your area.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 15:28   #5
Geoffrey B.

Hey,
I would try to get to the mechbox and take it apart and see if the gear's are working fine.
Why the motor and/or the connectors are getting hot it means that the motor is drawing power meaning that the motor cannot cycle.

Here is some guides]

http://www.mechbox.com/mp5 this will work..
http://www.mechbox.com/tag/v2-mechbox
Geoffrey B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 16:13   #6
RicheX

Ok so, thank you all for responding.

First of all, I bought a new fuse today, same amperage (20A), and I tried to fire it again. One hit was made, but no BB came out (I didn't wind up the mag), and then it came back as it was last time, nothing happens when I pull the trigger.

But today, my fuse didn't blew...

I'm very confused as I don't know what to do. BuyAirsoft's tech support told me to wait because it is an unusual issue and so they have to speak with they're supervisor...

And Geoffrey, it is my first airsoft gun so I don't want to get in the mechbox or motor things by myself, being completely noob, even with that video I could brake something.

I sure don't know what to do and I'm a bit pissed of buying G&G stuff and get it broke in 2 days without even using it the wrong way...
Old April 9th, 2010, 16:38   #7
VooDooPeteK

G&G is not that bad so don't hate on them lol... Like anything you buy you might just get a lemon.

Does the place you bought it offer any kind of warranty?

if so send it back and get a new one.

I have a G&G M4 carbine and its been fine and dandy right out of the box.

Do I want to make a few upgrades...well yea but do I need to since I have gamed with it..NO..

Just saying that no matter what you buy you might get a lemon..
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 16:47   #8
RicheX

Yeah they offer a 30 warranty, right now they are acting upon finding a solution to repair it, but I might tell them I want a new one...
Old April 9th, 2010, 16:53   #9
VooDooPeteK

well either way send it back.... get a new one or have them repair it

as long as your gun is working when you get it back all is good
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 17:02   #10
RicheX

I need to wait for them to tell me what they want me to do.
Old April 10th, 2010, 22:01   #11
Geoffrey B.

Any luck yet?
Geoffrey B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 13:28   #12
RicheX

No, they told me I had to ship it back to them... but in the message they say my gun have to show no sign of abuse/misuse (but I already told them that I broke my buttplate by force lol) and that it musn't show any signs of dissassembly, and I had told them before that I did change the fuse since the first blew. So I sent them a message to confirm that my gun will be accepted, otherwise I won't ship it to alberta as it will cost me the shipping fees BOTH ways... So I'm waiting 'till monday evening to get their answer.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner