Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Scar externals: VFC vs. G&G

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 25th, 2010, 15:24   #1
THe_Silencer

Scar externals: VFC vs. G&G

Now I know the general consensus is that the VFC scar's externals are teh shitz but what specifically about the externals the makes it oh so very good? More specifically, what is it externally that the VFC does better than the G&G? I've never held a VFC b4 but I have held a G&G scar and its miles ahead of the Echo 1. What impressed me the most about the G&G is the the external hex screws on the side have little letters/#s on them and I feel that they make the gun pretty damn badass. As far as I can tell from pics on the net, only the G&G scar has these awesome screws. This alone may be enough to convince me to buy a G&G scar. Any thoughts on this?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 15:33   #2
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Buying a gun based on the external screws is a bit of a.... bad reason. If you're in the middle of a game and all you're doing is admiring the screws on the side of the gun, you're doing something wrong.

Internally, the VFC is better and it'll last longer. Higher quality.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 15:35   #3
StrikeFreedom

YouTube- AATV Video Review: Scar vs. Scar vs. Scar vs. Scar
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 15:40   #4

In all honesty - I prefer the CA externals, simply because my SCAR wasn't a wall-hanger. It was a tank.

For prettiness, I'd get a VFC, but you don't marry pretty - it's cheat on you the first chance it gets.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 15:55   #5
Crunchmeister

The only 2 SCARs I've had any experience with were the Star and DBoys. I wouldn't touch the Star with a barge pole. Felt like a cheap toy to me. DBoys was rock solid and worked great, although I didn't like the colors. But I don't like tan SCARs anyway. In black, it would be my choice of the 2.

And in the end, regardless of what version of the SCAR it is, I would get the CA even without having seen one in person. I've got a fondness for anything CA in terms of being rock solid.
Old January 25th, 2010, 16:22   #6
theshaneler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Buying a gun based on the external screws is a bit of a.... bad reason. If you're in the middle of a game and all you're doing is admiring the screws on the side of the gun, you're doing something wrong.

not entirely true... if you want looks, get them, as it costs more to replace all the externals than the internals.
you can easily get all internal parts into the country but externals are harder to find most of the time... especially scar stuff. i dont think i have ever seen a scar upper for sale on ASC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 16:27   #7
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post

I would never do such a thing during a game! There's all that time before and after the game for that! And i've seen that youtube vid already. No way I'm cheaping out on a Dboys scar. And it doesn't touch upon the G&G's hex screw quality so it doesn't do much for me. But seriously, has anyone used both a VFC and a G&G scar and is able to make any comments about the G&G's internals in comparison to the VFC? Also, I thought the VFC had plastic bushings?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
Old January 25th, 2010, 22:14   #8
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
VFC SCAR hands down.
Old January 27th, 2010, 21:30   #9
THe_Silencer

Has anyone gotten their hands on a VFC EGLM? Is it any better than the Star/Ares one?

Old January 27th, 2010, 21:41   #10
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

It's been a while since I've upgraded my VFC Scar. I don't recall it having plastic bushings. Either way, I always replace the bushings in all my guns with metal ones.
I've always loved the VFC Scar the most. Seems to have the best of everything, but I may be biased, lol.

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 23:35   #11
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Silencer View Post
Has anyone gotten their hands on a VFC EGLM? Is it any better than the Star/Ares one?
Outer quality is probably better, and the fact that you can buy the standalone and get all 3 trigger modules to mount alone or on the Light, or heavy is great too.

Other than that, probably functions the same
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 00:59   #12
KND
* AV revoked *

/thread.

As for SCAR family. VFC SCAR win hand down.

I'm a bit disappointed with internal wise since it starts with plastic bushing like Tokyou Marui but for something sake, I can't break those gearbox. I put at least 100 00 rounds through and heavy game almost a season include winter -25 ยบ.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 18:07   #13
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

There are some things that I do not agree with that the AATV guys said about the VFC Scar.
1) It doesn't take a genius to put the rubber stock back on
2) The folding stock on my gun stays in place no matter how hard you shake it

They also don't mention that the VFC Scar does not have any wires running through from the back of the gun. The only problem that I've had with this gun so far is that when I got it, it would sometimes get stuck on autofire when firing on semi. To remedy that situation, all you have to do is replace the cut-off lever in the gun, which can be found on airsoftparts.ca

You should watch this vid of the VFC Scar
YouTube- VFC SCAR water test

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 01:10   #14
THe_Silencer

As impressive as that may seem, there's really no way of knowing if that Scar's parts (motor, battery, etc.) were specially water treat or w/e before the demonstration. Even if it was legit, I can't imagine that scar will function good as new, esp. with water in the motor and electricals. As for questionable gun test videos, this one's way cooler: YouTube- HK (Heckler & Koch) versus Colt

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion