Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anyone Know where to Get some good Cadpat AR?

:

Canadian

Old July 28th, 2009, 19:19   #31
pugs144

Yeah. His con backfired. Most likely a poseur who thought he could BS/flame his way to being the Big Man On Campus only to find out that ASC has it's share of current/former military.

Intarwebs is s3ri0uz bu51ne55.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 21:52   #32
DaRkCoMmAnDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowers View Post
i found a 32 Canadian Brigade Group in ontario and according to the Wiki article (disclaimer: im aware wiki isnt the most reliable source for info) it says taht the govener generals horse guards and the the queens york rangers are tasked with recce for the brigade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32_Canadian_Brigade_Group

as im just a mere slack jawed civi my knowledge is limited is any of this making sense to anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL- View Post
Yea the only Reserve Armoured Recce units in Ontario are QYR and GGHG.

An there is no Reserve unit based out of Meaford as its just a training base. An I'm pretty sure Owen Sound(town outside Meaford) has nothing.

An the only unit with a 32 in its name is the Engineer unit in 32 Bde

32CBG (what Bowers mentioned) is a reserve unit in TO, which works with 32BDE. They are practically the same unit. My brother is in that unit and when he went to Afghanistan some of the pictures i saw, his company was with engineers and engineer vehicles. So the two work together. Sorry, just had to throw that out there.
DaRkCoMmAnDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 22:20   #33
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkCoMmAnDo View Post
32CBG (what Bowers mentioned) is a reserve unit in TO, which works with 32BDE. They are practically the same unit. My brother is in that unit and when he went to Afghanistan some of the pictures i saw, his company was with engineers and engineer vehicles. So the two work together. Sorry, just had to throw that out there.

Thanks for coming out

32 Bde is 32 CBG.. I just didn't do the full abbreviation

Bde = Brigade
CBG = Canadian Brigade Group

All the Reserve units(Minus the Thunder Bay ones as they fall under another Bde) are in 32 CBG.

K, to be technical theres 3 units in 32 CBG that have a 32 in the name. The 32 CER and the Brigade HQ. An I guess this Territorial Battalion Group.

From the 32 CBG site
Quote:
The long-promised Territorial Battalion Groups, based on the Domestic Response Unit set up by 32 CBG several years ago, will be the new shape of national emergency response. Our TBG will comprise a permanent small core of headquarters staff — it’s being hired now — and contributions from units across the brigade
Also, why did you bring up the bit about your brother an pictures of Engineers and their vehicles? An what do you mean the two work together? Who works with who? what?

Last edited by -Skeletor-; July 28th, 2009 at 22:29..
Old July 29th, 2009, 19:59   #34
DaRkCoMmAnDo

Oops, I screwed up. You were saying you only heard about 32's engineers and me being civvie didnt know BDE meant brigade so i was like, maybe 32BDE is the engineers working with CBG, which was partially correct, but not in the way i thought. My bad.
DaRkCoMmAnDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 20:41   #35
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL- View Post
Thanks for coming out

32 Bde is 32 CBG.. I just didn't do the full abbreviation

Bde = Brigade
CBG = Canadian Brigade Group

All the Reserve units(Minus the Thunder Bay ones as they fall under another Bde) are in 32 CBG.

K, to be technical theres 3 units in 32 CBG that have a 32 in the name. The 32 CER and the Brigade HQ. An I guess this Territorial Battalion Group.

From the 32 CBG site

Also, why did you bring up the bit about your brother an pictures of Engineers and their vehicles? An what do you mean the two work together? Who works with who? what?
You cheep and dirty lier lol.

There are 3 CBGs in Ontario, 31, 32, and 33. There are 2 Armoured Recce units in each. 32 is Toronto and Barrie Area, 33 is Northern/Central ontario, 31 is southern. 32 CBG has the most money out of any CBG in the Reserves.

There is also 2OSG which is a new Organisation in Ontario, which comprises all Communication units (with the exemption of 772), Int Units, and other similar units. However said units are then tasked to a CBG, with the exemption 700 Comm Sqn which is attached to the Arctic Response Company and in support of Base Borden and 3RPG.

~Grimm
Old July 29th, 2009, 21:00   #36
-Skeletor-
Theres 3 CBGs in Ontario? haha wow Didn't know that. F*ck thats a bit embarrashing now haha. Should probably have checked on that before speaking. Reserves are to complicated an have like a hundred units.. Regs is way easier/less confusing haha.

On a side note I dunno how some units in Northern Ontario fall under LFCA while others fall under LFWA.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; July 29th, 2009 at 21:07..
Old July 29th, 2009, 21:10   #37
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
I think its really only Thunder bay area because they are closer to Winnipeg then any of the other places lol. The Comm unit up there is part of 73 Comm Group.

But ya Ontario is really the only one with three CBGs lol. all under LFCA of course lol.

~Grimm

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian