Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking to buy GBB M4 WE OR VFC?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 29th, 2015, 22:22   #1
bandicoot

Looking to buy GBB M4 WE OR VFC?

Im new here used to be into airsoft a few years ago but sold all my stuff. Now with the availably and price of some real cool new stuff I NEED to get myself another M4. I want a GBB M4 but don't really know much about em, I want something that's gonna work but it doesn't need to be super reliable Im not planning on using it for airsoft games I just want something I can hang on the wall and occasionally dump the odd mag or 2. Im thinking of either the open bolt WE or a VFC, I want something as realistic looking as possible so im leaning towards VFC just because It looks more real? (at least from pictures).
What do you guys suggest? Im looking for maximum realism and good recoil too. Also don't really wanna spend more than about $600 for just the gun, but will spend more for any parts/spare mags I need.
Any help is appreciated thanks.
bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2015, 22:23   #2
MultipleParadox

Some other will pitch in, but I'm pretty sure WE will serve you better than VFC

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2015, 22:38   #3
odog654

Buy the WE it will save you from a huge headache. The WE has better parts availability and mag availability than the VFC and from what I remember VFC's gbbs are usually garbage internally out of the box.
odog654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2015, 22:44   #4
bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by odog654 View Post
Buy the WE it will save you from a huge headache. The WE has better parts availability and mag availability than the VFC and from what I remember VFC's gbbs are usually garbage internally out of the box.
Thanks I kinda assumed WE might be better based on how inexpensive the VFC seems to be. What about external realism tho? which one is the winner?
Old April 30th, 2015, 00:55   #5
kullwarrior

VFC GBBRS...looks pretty, functions pathetically.
In Canada WE is the most common system. Other contenders incudes KJW, KSC/KWA, GHK, ViperTech/Inokatsu, and WA-based.

Having own WA (G&P, Prime), KSC/KWA, KJW, WE, and Daytonagun I strongly suggest WE. GHK appears promising though the receiver are WA specs AFAIK.
Old April 30th, 2015, 01:14   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Ghk m4..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 02:05   #7
anadon

GHK M4 +1 as well.
anadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 02:16   #8
Cheesepie

GHK m4 if you got the budget, well worth it. WE m4 is a great platform as well, very upgradable. Both are 1 : 1 with the real thing so good if you want to incorporate real steel parts. If your not gonna play much then the VFC is great as it has fantastic externals. GHK m4 has pretty fantastic externals and internals if you do end up going down that route.
Cheesepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 03:08   #9
cav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesepie View Post
GHK m4 if you got the budget, well worth it. WE m4 is a great platform as well, very upgradable. Both are 1 : 1 with the real thing so good if you want to incorporate real steel parts. If your not gonna play much then the VFC is great as it has fantastic externals. GHK m4 has pretty fantastic externals and internals if you do end up going down that route.
Wrong. GHK is not 1:1 as compared to WE. If you want absolute compatibility with real steel accessories i.e mag release button, mag catch, rail nut etc, go WE. GHK from what I've done and seen, is not 100% real steel compatible like the WE.

Also, Angry Gun is making fantastic products for the WE AR15 line, so I'd consider that tbh. Only downside with WE is their cool down problems, something the GHK is much better at!
Old April 30th, 2015, 08:52   #10
uncle_benny12

OP, if this is purely going to be a wallhanger I would recommend the VFC with proper markings. Externally it is by far the most realistic option at this price point. If you like the HK416, I would recommend you try to source a 2014 as VFC has made significant upgrades. The 2015 model actually comes with the gen 2 magazine which seems to have amazing gas efficiency.

Personally I have a WE M4 and had a VFC HK416. The externals and finish on the VFC is definitely way better, but my WE is still my go to primary for games.

GHK is not 100% real steel spec as mentioned. I know that the upper receiver threading is the same as AEGs, which is kind of a plus since you can just use AEG rails. Not sure about the lower receiver and buffer tube.
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 22:53   #11
bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
OP, if this is purely going to be a wallhanger I would recommend the VFC with proper markings. Externally it is by far the most realistic option at this price point. If you like the HK416, I would recommend you try to source a 2014 as VFC has made significant upgrades. The 2015 model actually comes with the gen 2 magazine which seems to have amazing gas efficiency.

Personally I have a WE M4 and had a VFC HK416. The externals and finish on the VFC is definitely way better, but my WE is still my go to primary for games.

GHK is not 100% real steel spec as mentioned. I know that the upper receiver threading is the same as AEGs, which is kind of a plus since you can just use AEG rails. Not sure about the lower receiver and buffer tube.

what's the recoil difference like between the VFC and WE? Im kinda torn at this point because I find the realism of the VFC extremely temping, but I don't want a gun that is built poorly internally. It will mainly be a wall hanger but I do plan on using it occasionally to plink with out camping and such.
Thanks
Old April 30th, 2015, 23:01   #12
bandicoot

My budget of $600 isn't set in stone, if GHK is the best bet and offers the best of both worlds then I would consider it (I don't want to buy one and just end up replacing it down the road) What about felt recoil tho? Im looking for something that kicks hard and sounds good. What do GHK's normally sell for? I cant find any for sale through Canadian airsoft retailers, I am located in Calgary so age verification should be easy to do if the classifieds are the way to go.
BTW thanks for the responses everyone! very helpful for me.

Last edited by bandicoot; April 30th, 2015 at 23:03.. Reason: spelling correction
Old April 30th, 2015, 23:14   #13
Swattiger

As per the Taiwanese airsoft forum, starting from 2014, VFC has upgraded many internal parts with steel ones, and have much less problems than before. This, together with their excellent externals, make them sound to be a better choice.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 23:57   #14
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I got some GHK game-play here on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/TwitchyRyan/videos

They got for $610+tax here in Canada, there's a retailer that distributes them in Canada, google will yield results. Ironically in Edmonton too I think.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2015, 00:26   #15
B2 Airsoft

GHK gets my vote, cause im bias

Also they kick the crap outta the WE. Just over 9000rnds on mine now and its just about ready for a new bolt catch...which is less than $10. I'll say the same thing to you as i do people here, buy a gun that doesnt break over one you need replacement parts for. All steel internals are unbeatable.

As for parts compatibility, i have on mine R/Steel grip, BAD lever, stock, sight, mounts and sling adapter. I also stock all wear parts including feed lips, recoil kits, catches, nozzle, mags etc. I can get every single part of the GHK down the washers and springs.

Playing in our local indoor field we get minimum 2-3 mags on semi for a 5 second propane fill. You gotta fire one of these things to see what we all rave on about.

-James

B² Airsoft
Authorised Distributors of;
GHK, Wolverine, KWA, RA-Tech, PDI,
Smith Optics, Revision Military, Tasmanian Tiger, Airsoft Innovations, PTS Sydicate, Wouxun Radios, ASG, Nuprol, AIM, Line Of Fire, Mechanix, G&G, Venom Power, Fenix, BOL.
RWA Authorised Retailer
Custom Orders, Imports and Builds
http://b2airsoft.com
http://www.facebook.com/b2airsoft

Last edited by B2 Airsoft; May 1st, 2015 at 01:36..
B2 Airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion