Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Not IF to sling but HOW to sling

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 24th, 2010, 10:48   #16
Andrew Lee

I guess it's just personal preference. Yes, 3-point slings are a bit more tedious but in my personal opinion they are comfortable and that's why I like them. They do cover up your gun but in airsoft with an AEG, it doesn't matter at all.
Andrew Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:24   #17

I've got a Blackhawk Swift, Eagle 3 point sling for MP 5, and a Blackhawk Dieter single point sling. My favourite: My home made single point sling scratch-made from a luggage strap.
My point is, the simple it is, the more effective it is when it comes to slings. LESS IS MORE!
5.56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:15   #18
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
MagPul MS2 for CQB/MOUT/FIBUA

None for Greenside
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:57   #19
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho View Post
MagPul MS2 for CQB/MOUT/FIBUA

None for Greenside
What he said...

A sling is required for combat applications where you WILL BE transitioning to secondary, tossing grenades and dealing with prisoners/wounded/ non combatants. a Single point is the way to go here .. as the weapon is dropped to weakside.. and a single point will work flawlessly for this.

For patrolling and Advance to contact scenarios .. SOP used to be to remove the sling from the weapon as there would be no time that the weapon would not be held active .. and No sling ensured you did not get lazy. To rest.. you put the weapon down.

In practice.. a simple 2 point .. tightened up so it was not loose and prone to snagging was often used So that you had the sling .. in case you need to sling arms to do a casualty evac.. or some other task that required free hands.

I run single point MS-2 slings on Carbines and PDW/ SMGs.. always.. as it is low profile and the snap hook lets you free the weapon from the sling at will and you have the 2 point, one point options. it's well designed.. and effective

For long arms, battle rifles, I run a BFG Vickers.. and like it quite a bit
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 13:20   #20
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
No sling ensured you did not get lazy. To rest.. you put the weapon down.
And then what would happen?
Old August 24th, 2010, 13:22   #21
m102404
Tys

I have and do run:
1pt bungee - ok, but bouncy and a knee banger with larger than SMG stuff
1pt QD strong shoulder - ok...easy to adjust to either shoulder, easy to snug up...in use currently

1-2 pt Magpul MS2 - must be just mine...but I cannot get the sling to snug up by pulling on the webbing loop. It'll extend longer ok...but won't retract (I know, I know...if the condition lasts for more than 4hrs, call a doctor...hahaha). Otherwise it's a pretty good sling....but I don't use it.

Switching to "old fashioned" 2pt BFG Vickers...it's solid, no-frills and works.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 14:23   #22
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post
BlueForceGear makes the best slings by far:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/

And no one uses 3-point slings anymore - they over complicated.
For 2 point slings and if you want to DIY it to a convertible 2-3 point the Blue force gear vickers sling is the best IMO.

Magpul MS3 sling is better than the MS2 but I found that the sling is not comfortable as the strapping is 1", not so much a problem if you are running a plate carrier or enough kit so that sling doesn't dig into your shoulders or ribs. My other gripe is that the Gator jaw is actually a dog leash claw and it is difficult to manipulate the lock on the claw with or without gloves, and the lock has a tendency to get itself stuck in the locked position.

DO NOT BUY THE MS2 If you can get your hands on the MS3.

The heavier duty furniture is worth it. I had magpul send me a replacement MS2 when the mount for the gator jaw broke while on a course. Everyone else on that course was running Blue force gear slings (I should have listened to those guys on lightfighter) or there own home made solution.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-700-magpu...ion-sling.aspx

You're going to have to try different sling solutions and find something that works for your body type, how you carry, and use your rifle. If you need to hump your rifle for long walks 2 point is really the best way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 14:39   #23
Farmboy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post
BlueForceGear makes the best slings by far:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/

And no one uses 3-point slings anymore - they over complicated.
Damn dude, they should be nice for a cool $100.00. Man I am in the wrong business. Start up an immigrant sweat shop with industrial sewing machines...hmmmmm. There may be something there. Profit margin on that must be huge.

Thanks for your info though, it does look good.

Blue Force Gear is all made in Pooler Georgia by American workers.

The slings are the best on the market and in use by SEALs, Delta, Marines, Rangers, Secret Service, FBI, RCMP, Canadian Forces, LE Tactical Teams and many others.

They come with a lifetime warranty, are solution washed nylon which provide the IR properties, works for left or right handed shooters.

The CNC machined slider on the Vickers sling costs more to make than most slings retail for.

They only use ITW Buckles.

So if you want a sling made from seatbelt webbing that cuts up your neck, then by all means buy another brand.

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 15:07   #24
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
My other gripe is that the Gator jaw is actually a dog leash claw and it is difficult to manipulate the lock on the claw with or without gloves, and the lock has a tendency to get itself stuck in the locked position.
did you happen to get the clone? the lock on the front clip on both the real and PTS versions work flawlessly with or without glove. smooth rocking style motion that does not move on it's own. the china clone needs some effort to lock and release the lock until some of the excess paint wears away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post

1-2 pt Magpul MS2 - must be just mine...but I cannot get the sling to snug up by pulling on the webbing loop. It'll extend longer ok...but won't retract (I know, I know...if the condition lasts for more than 4hrs, call a doctor...hahaha). Otherwise it's a pretty good sling....but I don't use it.
it's just you. hurry call your doctor. lol

I have the same issue with mine and cannot for the life of me snug it up a la Chris Costa in some of the youtube video's where he demo's it at shotshow 2009

YouTube- Magpul ShotShow 2009 Part 1

Last edited by coach; August 24th, 2010 at 15:10..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 15:12   #25
Crunchmeister

I like the comfort of 3-point slings and still use them on a couple of my guns. But for the most part, I'm using 1-point on most of my guns now and I prefer that.
Old August 24th, 2010, 15:25   #26
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
And then what would happen?
um... you pick it up again?
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 17:02   #27
Danke

You must have been in during one of the kindly and gentle times! For me I always used to giggle quietly to myself while toting a GPMG and a C-1 with no slings and the impending doom of trying to put one down to use the other.

In hindsight some of those practices like no sling have been improved upon. We were taught for years to keep your finger on the trigger of your weapon and your thumb on the selector switch so you could flick it off safe and fire immediately. Now if you rolled out like that you'd be fed to the wolves.

Same for no sling, if you didn't have your rifle at the ready you were slack, but in reality a new school carbine sling gives the weapon additional support, and lets it stay with you when you need to go hands free.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion