Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 15th, 2013, 22:40   #1711
quack3r

Just wondering if someone can help me out. I'm a new member but had no luck searching the forums for similar problem.

I have TM 5.1 and lately my gun stopped firing. When I pull the trigger, the hammer seems to hit the valve knocker but doesn't seem to contact the magazine valve? I can't seem to figure out the problem. I checked the valve knocker and valves and it seems to be working.

I tried multiple magazines, switching hammer springs with no luck.

The valves are upgraded to guarder hi-flow ones.

If someone can help me, much appreciated. Thanks.
quack3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 00:27   #1712
apilar

if you rack the slide, then insert the mag does it shoot?

I had a problem of the mag release valve getting stuck on the valve knocker (firing pin) when i upgraded to both a high flow valve (nine ball), and a new firing pin.

If it shoots fine when the slide is racked and then inserting the magazine this could be your problem. In which case, as i found for my nineball valve, it seemed it be able to screw in. Obviously, the valve screws in, but the actually piece that gets hit by the firing pin could be tightened and loosened making it stick farther out or farther in. If yours is 'loose' then it could be catching.
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 20:00   #1713
Dimitri
Can't do math

Decided to read this thread as I'm in the process of getting a IK Outer Barrel. Longest read of my life! Took the last couple days but I did it.

So this thread has decided my next two airsoft purchases after the Outer Barrel, a NOVA Brass Hop Up and a Tanio Koba Twist Rifled Barrel in the next few months for my KJW 1911.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:48   #1714
T[]RK

KJW\SD Kimber BP TEN/RL II

...they didn't produced model with rail, so i did!

Not completed yet, need silver trigger and silver recoil spring guide.

SD Slide is shorter, then HurricanE on approx. 1mm;
SD Slide not work with Nova Bushing (tested);
SD Outer Barrel was cut on 2mm to look nice.
SD Slide and SD Recoil Spring Guide have got VERY tight fit (need two parts Recoil Spring Guide - same as KJW).
T[]RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 00:28   #1715
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quack3r View Post
Just wondering if someone can help me out. I'm a new member but had no luck searching the forums for similar problem.

I have TM 5.1 and lately my gun stopped firing. When I pull the trigger, the hammer seems to hit the valve knocker but doesn't seem to contact the magazine valve? I can't seem to figure out the problem. I checked the valve knocker and valves and it seems to be working.

I tried multiple magazines, switching hammer springs with no luck.

The valves are upgraded to guarder hi-flow ones.

If someone can help me, much appreciated. Thanks.
This is a fairly common problem when upgrading valves and/or knockers.

The most likely cause is the strike surface of the valve being higher than the knocker is able to accept. Either they are loose and need to be screwed in (as apiler indicated), or the knocker arm should be shortened to accommodate the fuller length valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Decided to read this thread as I'm in the process of getting a IK Outer Barrel. Longest read of my life! Took the last couple days but I did it.

So this thread has decided my next two airsoft purchases after the Outer Barrel, a NOVA Brass Hop Up and a Tanio Koba Twist Rifled Barrel in the next few months for my KJW 1911.

Dimitri
IK has a new product now: Full Hop up set, which includes a hardened stainless steel adjustment arm, retention o-ring, and a more durable brass adjustment dial.

All of these parts make a complete unit, which the Nova unit does not, at a similar price point. The IK hop up chamber is also made of brass, which, when combined with one of the new IK fixed outer barrels with a round indicator notch (several real steel pistols use this feature), makes it look like you have loaded brass in your chamber!

Contact for pricing, or wait a few days... I'm currently working on new price list to be put up in the retailer forum. It will be a rough shell for now, simply to list products and pricing. As I get time, I'll add photos and descriptions.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:39   #1716
T[]RK

Kimber Desert Warrior. Which barrel Bushing it used? I am installed Military Type, but i am not sure now... maybe Caspian?

Nova Barrel Bushing (Military Type, Black) [B03SB]

Anyone have got Series '70 and Capsian? How did they look? Are they same thickness?
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:46   #1717
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Type 1 would be correct... the image you have there actually looks like the type 1. The Type 2 is more rounded...
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:28   #1718
T[]RK

Oh yeah, my bad... Yes, it's B01SB - Type 1.
Old March 11th, 2013, 15:02   #1719
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Okay, in that case, you have the correct one installed.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:03   #1720
Azathoth

Should have just posted here instead of sending PMs....

I recently am trying an upgrade to hiflow valves. I have a Action, Newer Nine ball Neo R, and a single KM high flow on hand. The gun shoots ~270 with 0.30 g with the stock valve, with any of the above three valves installed the velocity is also ~270 with .30.

Trying to narrow down the issue, I have a older 2+ years AS 150% hammer spring already installed it could be worn out. When i looked at the piston/loading nozzle I noticed wear on the piston orings and when shine a light into the loading nozzle their is light leaking out the from where the oring should be sealing against the nozzle.

Is the oring the issue or should i keep looking? Nozzle is 2+ years old AS

Next, When doing a detail tear down and clean the post that holds the hopup adjustment wheel tore free (sigh). Who makes the "best choice" replacement hopup chamber Nova, AIP

Nineball rubber vs A+ / Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:47   #1721
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
Should have just posted here instead of sending PMs....
I actually just responded to your PM. LOL. Good timing.

Quote:
I recently am trying an upgrade to hiflow valves. I have a Action, Newer Nine ball Neo R, and a single KM high flow on hand. The gun shoots ~270 with 0.30 g with the stock valve, with any of the above three valves installed the velocity is also ~270 with .30.

Trying to narrow down the issue, I have a older 2+ years AS 150% hammer spring already installed it could be worn out.
I'm assuming this is in your 4.3? I've noticed that with shorter barreled pistols, you will get diminishing returns with high flow valves.

It's *possible* that your hammer spring has weakened, but I haven't seen this before.

One easy proof for this, is to drop a BB in to the bottom of the main spring housing to pre-load the spring a bit. The BB perfectly fits in there. Just make sure you manually check compression to make sure the strut doesn't bottom out, or you'll run in to bad times...

Quote:
When i looked at the piston/loading nozzle I noticed wear on the piston orings and when shine a light into the loading nozzle their is light leaking out the from where the oring should be sealing against the nozzle.

Is the oring the issue or should i keep looking? Nozzle is 2+ years old AS
I mentioned in the email I'll try and get replacements for you from the factory. Failing that, I have other piston heads here that o-rings can be extracted from.

Quote:
Next, When doing a detail tear down and clean the post that holds the hopup adjustment wheel tore free (sigh). Who makes the "best choice" replacement hopup chamber Nova, AIP
ILLusion Kinetics.

Quote:
Nineball rubber vs A+ / Devil
I haven't tried A+ yet, so I can't comment... but the theory behind the product is sound, and many online reviews like it. I'm personally using the PDI W-Hold right now, but I have all three brands in stock right now. If I had the time, I would do a round-up test of all three and see which one excels...

Initial price list of inventory is now up:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=151912

Still lots unlisted... will hopefully get that up soon, along with photos and descriptions.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:02   #1722
apilar

Does anyone know of a modification to magazine catches that allows them to work in nova kits?
I have a guarder one but stock tm ones do not work either. I have heard kjw ones will work but I would like to use my silver guarder one!

By not working I mean it will not turn and lock. The locking piece gets stuck on the inside of the frame and will not rotate. I would prefere to mod the magazine catch and not the frame.
Thanks in advance!
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:16   #1723
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Sorry, I do not know, as I haven't tried it for myself, nor have I looked closely at it. I only know that it's not a drop-in fit. I resolved it by just installing a Nova mag catch.

I've had a number of butchered fitment jobs come in from people who tried to get Marui spec catches to fit. In the end, they always ended up going with the Nova catch.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:19   #1724
apilar

Thanks!
Ill look into it!
Old April 16th, 2013, 13:45   #1725
Wepeel

I'm wondering, will a steel slide stop wear out the notch on an aluminium frame?

I use the slide stop a lot for releasing the slide instead of slingshotting and I can only find steel aftermarket slide stops.
Wepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications