Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Trouble with police

:

General

Old August 23rd, 2012, 13:23   #1
NtodaL

Trouble with police

Hi,

I had a trouble with police about my gun last month. The situation was someone had heard some gun shots through my window then they called the police. They came and saw my gun, meanwhile I was washing dishes down stair and did nothing with the gun. They assumed I might the be one who took those shots and afraid my gun was a real one. Fortunately, when I'm at home, I remove all the BBs and lock the gun. So when they asked me to show them the magazine, there was nothing to see. I got out that case easily.

I just wanna know if the police's still tracking me since I have a replica gun and they could think there're some violent thoughts in my mind such as planing to do a massacre or something like that. I'm not Canada's citizen, I'm a foreign student. I think that trouble can affect to my stay somehow. Any information?
NtodaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 13:29   #2
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
leave now and bring the tinfoil with you.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 13:38   #3
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NtodaL View Post
Hi,

I had a trouble with police about my gun last month. The situation was someone had heard some gun shots through my window then they called the police. They came and saw my gun, meanwhile I was washing dishes down stair and did nothing with the gun. They assumed I might the be one who took those shots and afraid my gun was a real one. Fortunately, when I'm at home, I remove all the BBs and lock the gun. So when they asked me to show them the magazine, there was nothing to see. I got out that case easily.

I just wanna know if the police's still tracking me since I have a replica gun and they could think there're some violent thoughts in my mind such as planing to do a massacre or something like that. I'm not Canada's citizen, I'm a foreign student. I think that trouble can affect to my stay somehow. Any information?
At worst, you'll be a recorded as a occurance subject of interest, which would really only come into play if you had repeated contacts with law enforcement.

No charges, no worries.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 13:39   #4
Noctis

Smash the gun with a sledge hammer repeatedly. Take the broken bits and spread them accross the country, then buy an RC plane and use it to fly out of the country, making sure you dodge our F-18s.
You better leave now, and bring your tinfoil. Make haste, young one. God speed.
Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 13:44   #5
BootYourFace
face booty man

Send a message via MSN to BootYourFace
You guys are dicks. He's worried since he obviously doesn't fully understand our laws with being a foreigner.

You're fine. Keep them stored how you normally do.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 13:46   #6
ViR

Did they even bothered taking your information, name, drivers license, passport? If not, really nothing to worry about..
Even if they did, probably to complete their daily report..
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 14:08   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Airsoft guns are not Illegal in our country, as long as they follow some basic safety laws. A gun is "not" considered a replica as long as it shoots over 366 FPS. It wouldn't hurt for you to do some research either. There are some great discussion threads and links on these forums to the information you seek.

As far as the authorities go, you will now have a report about you. But have no fear my friend. As long as you are polite to the authorities, and are a law abiding individual there is nothing to worry about. Owning, operating, cleaning, etc an airsoft gun in a private residence is not in itself a crime. Never ever use it in a threatening manner, and if discharging it indoors is scarring your neighbors; maybe find a more appropriate place to shoot it. This is a good place to start asking questions, and I appreciate that you sought help from our community, and apologize for those who wasted your time with non helpful remarks.

Your concerns are legitimate, but I think you'll be alright my friend.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 16:54   #8
NtodaL

Thank you guys, it helps me a lot. They didn't request me to provide any information. After they had seen the empty magazine, they left.
NtodaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 17:07   #9
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Thank you guys, it helps me a lot. They didn't request me to provide any information. After they had seen the empty magazine, they left.
Police get used to false alarms over "guns", its a daily thing. Don't sweat.

Just remember, cops here are not totally out to get you, well they are, but they are more or less human still. Its why we can get away with things like this ...

Funny police prank - YouTube

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 17:26   #10
Ross

Quote:
After they had seen the empty magazine, they left.
So if the police found a bb or two still in the mag. Would they have arrested you? Serious question.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 17:46   #11
Metalsynth

Would'nt matter, it's not a firearm so proper storage rules dont apply.

Just remember to close your blinds.

People dont understand these. Some can go nuts about it too. A guy not too long ago had a crap heap on him because someone at his job reported him as possible problem. Had a pic on his facebook with an m14. The guy in charge of the case got the warrant because the guy did not have that registered to him in the now dead gun registry.

It's not real, but treat it as it is real.

Never show it in public. Only in controlled environnements.

Certified Level 2 BA Sniper
Si ton épée est trop courte, allonge la d'un pas. ( Proverbe Hongrois )
Metalsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 18:42   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

technically it IS a firearm... What's silly is that the person who phoned it in though an AEG sounded like a real gun.... o_O

Guess they've never heard a real one go off.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 18:43   #13
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
The best thing to do is post on a public forum that is regularly patroled by all levels of Gov't Domestic and Foregin. And behave like you have lots mre to hide.
Cheers
no worries
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 18:46   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

btw, you want nervous? How about being at mccarran intl airport in vegas after 2 hours of sleep at 8am having your shit swabbed down for explosives/etc when not 24 hours before, you just blew 400 rounds of live ammunition, kept your range targets and stuffed them in the top pocket of the bag they are now swabbing?

That was me.

Good times.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 18:52   #15
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
btw, you want nervous? How about being at mccarran intl airport in vegas after 2 hours of sleep at 8am having your shit swabbed down for explosives/etc when not 24 hours before, you just blew 400 rounds of live ammunition, kept your range targets and stuffed them in the top pocket of the bag they are now swabbing?

That was me.

Good times.
OH this sounds like an interesting story.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General