Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 21st, 2009, 21:52   #256
Zombie69

Send a message via MSN to Zombie69 Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie69
Smile New to asc,eh

Hi there, this is my 1st time on this forum, I'm still new to airsoft, the last time I played was about a year ago, I'm looking forword to playing in Selkerk this Sunday , my weapon is a modified shoty, ok just stopped by to say my peace, eh
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 16:50   #257
AirGuitar.lol?
Banned

Hello all.

I am obviously new here, but yesterday (August 23rd), I got my first airsoft gun. It's a "Colt Double Eagle Series 90", I believe. Comes with the target, 2 cliips, obviously from Wal-Mart. Even though I'm new to airsoft, and not an expert, well, hardly know anything about them, it feels and seems "solid". It was around $40 with tax. Nice gun, its just clear, but anyway, I play guitar, and I was in the ultimate-guitar forum, and they were just ass*****, for no apparent reason, but being in a whole to realm of "art" or hobbies, I hope that this site will be of any assistance if I need it, and also just to talk about the guns (obviously which is what the site is about...), without people complete a-holes, but I've read other posts...people seem pretty nice, so like I said, I play guitar (played for 4 years, 6 guitars, 4 amps,), and I am into it more than airsoft (no offence), but I love airsoft after only 1 day (wasted the ammo in about 20 minutes). So, lets end this extremely long "hello".
AirGuitar.lol? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 21:34   #258
PapaSix

Hello. New to these forums and airsoft in general. To be honest I haven't ever played a real game. But I'm certainly interested.
I live in a town called St. Thomas, just south of London, ON. If anyone thereabouts is looking for another target, drop me a line.
I'm having trouble figuring out where to purchase my gun(s) and where to get involved in organized games.
Recently an indoor Paintball arena opened up here but I have not approached them about airsoft, as I am not nearly knowledgable enough. Yet.
There are no retailers nearby that I know of, so I turn to the internet. The selections seem to be terribly limited compared to what is available in the US for mostly half the cost.
PapaSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 21:46   #259
patcou

Welcome papasix, father of six kids or six guns? Read the faqs and around the forum and you will see that the choice is not so limited as you think.
patcou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009, 08:14   #260
Grylls

Send a message via MSN to Grylls
:) Sup

Hey whats Up My name is Chris, Just got into Airsoft :P Got into it cause of a buddy from work :P Saving up for a Gun Atm already got some gear... Decided to go with this instead of paintball...seems alot less messy >< lol Anyways Hope to play with some of u At some point Still waiting to be Age Verified on ASC talked to Someone already so hopefully it wont be to long

Cheers
Old August 30th, 2009, 17:07   #261
Overkill1369

Good day from sunny San Diego, CA. My name is Lawrence and I am 34 years old Filipino who is originally from Great Lakes, Ill (I am a US Navy brat), have been airsofting for about 5 years now, and despite getting on in years, still find time to chase down, outrun, and outlast many of the younger airsofters.

A little about my work, I have been serving in the US Marine Corps over 11 years and have been stationed in North Carolina, Arizona, Japan, and California (in that order). I am currently stationed at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego (no, I am not a Drill Instructor) working as support staff at 3rd Battalion. Most of the time I love my job, but there are those days I just want to stomp a mud puddle in a recruits chest (I won't though, I value my career more).

Something about my life outside the US Marines, I am married with 2 children (my wife and eldest son play airsoft), we are part of Omega Force SoCal based out of San Diego, I volunteer my time as a tech at a local airsoft store, and enjoy building insanely high fps airsoft hand guns.

400+FPS TM P226 ----> YouTube - TM Sig 226

400+FPS TM Mk23 SOCOM ----> YouTube - TM Mk23 SOCOM

I am currently working on a TM Glock 17, TM HiCapa 5.1, and a TM 1911A1

Outside of that, I am a pretty boring guy.
Overkill1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2009, 02:03   #262
mroneto

Hello everyone, new guy here.
First of all, I started on clearsoft guns during the summer, pretty low budget, but I had no connections at that time and thus did not realize the glory of the real airsoft guns (which I am planning to get sometime soon).

For now though, my clears include:
- DPMS A17 R.I.S. "field duty kit" (pistol was discarded immediately)
- S&W M3000 Shotgun
- S&W M&P 40 CO2-powered, non-blowback (my best pistol atm)
- Sig Sauer P226 (my first clear)
- Sig Sauer P230
- Magnum Research Desert Eagle (my 'mostly for show' pistol)

This was all bought at Wal-Mart (sadly) but as I stated above, I am planning to upgrade sometime in the near future, my first real airsoft should be a mid-level sniper (can anyone give good recommendations, between $300-500?) and my clears will be for those boring, sunny days when the war between the paintballers and airsofters comes up again...

Thanks for reading my seemingly pointless, long, detailed intro, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

mroneto
mroneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:22   #263
ezpkns

Send a message via MSN to ezpkns Send a message via Skype™ to ezpkns
hi

hi i am ezpkns and i am currently a sniper/designated marksman looking for a cheap m4 to use as a sidearm
ezpkns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:27   #264
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns View Post
hi i am ezpkns and i am currently a sniper/designated marksman looking for a cheap m4 to use as a sidearm
Welcome to ASC ezpkns.
Unfortunately for you, sales of airsoft guns are restricted only those with this websites age verification. If you are interested in getting verified please see the appropriate related threads in the frequently asked questions section.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:28   #265
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Hi. Never did post in this thread. Now I have.

One more life even checked off.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:41   #266
ezpkns

Send a message via MSN to ezpkns Send a message via Skype™ to ezpkns
hi

hi guys i am ezpkns
politicians to Iraq!
ezpkns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 13:18   #267
Flowstone

Hello!

I am definetly new to the airsoft scene, but i've always had an interest in tactical discipline. Basically i am looking into getting involved in the local toronto community and will be ordering my guns this week.

If anyone knows of a local northern/western toronto shop i'd really be interested in visiting it and checking out the scene.

Looking forward to getting involved and having alot of fun.
Flowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 19:21   #268
Ravenous

Hey All!

I'm Nolan, a 26 year old dude living in Ottawa and I just started exploring the airsoft scene. I inherited an airsoft pistol from a friend when he moved overseas, and with my long interest in the sport, I felt it is a perfect time to get into it.

Besides the pistol I don't have much. I don't even have ammo for the pistol haha. I am hoping to buy an assault rifle to complement it, so I plan to get age verified when I can.

Looking to take part in local events when I am ready, though you'll have to excuse my newbness

I look forward to chatting with all of you, See you around the forums!
Ravenous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 20:17   #269
L473ncy

^^^

Hey. A tip that might help you get AV'ed faster is to join your local clubs forums. Just click the community link at the top navigation bar and your local club forum. It may take a while and be a hassle initially but it's definitely worth it in the end.

GL with your quest to get AV'ed.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:39   #270
Maalkus
Mad_Ghost

Hey folks

Hi everybody,
my Name is Chris. I'm 21 and living in Red Deer, AB. I'm just getting into airsoft and thought I should start here.
Maalkus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank