Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Goggles that Fit Glasses

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 18th, 2015, 18:43   #1
LimaCharlie

Goggles that Fit Glasses

Any known goggles that will fit glasses such as these http://www.ispecs.co.uk/products/emp...-smt-grey.JPG?
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 18:56   #2
naminator

If you can get contacts get contacts. However ESS Land ops goggles are one of the few full seal goggles that are approved by the US military for use with prescription glasses.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 18:57   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Before I got contacts I had similar glasses and they fit well under the ESS Strikers.

http://www.esseyepro.com/Striker-Ser..._category.html

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 19:06   #4
boren93
Dicks

Inserts would also be another suggestion.
Old February 18th, 2015, 19:11   #5
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by boren93 View Post
Inserts would also be another suggestion.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old February 18th, 2015, 19:43   #6
EOD Steve

Just a personal tip from someone who has worn glasses for most of his life - get contacts.
Not only does it look incredibly ridiculous to wear goggles over glasses (nerd factor x 10), it also fogs up very easily.

You're losing on both form AND function...

The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 19:44   #7
LimaCharlie

Where do I order inserts though? There's a game in march I'd like to attend. March 18
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 19:49   #8
Newman1279

Before I went to contacts I wore a pair of Arena FlakJak Version2. They sell them at airsoftgi.
Newman1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 20:14   #9
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

revision is one of the easier companies to order the prescription insert plus goggles from... just order the carrier online with the goggles... fan goggles are the best ones... find a discount code online... ar15news is probably still active.. it's like 40% off.

they're tax free when you receive them they'll most likely ship from the states, but don't worry there's no tax or duty charge.

Take the lens carrier, go to the place where you got your glasses from and ask for lenses to be put in using your most up to date prescription. Because they sit behind anti glare shields and sun shields and what not, you don't need to pay for any of the fancy coatings, even my prescription which is usually 200-300$ for lenses is only about 50-60 bucks to put in a carrier. But I opted for contacts after the first year.
Old February 18th, 2015, 21:07   #10
L473ncy

Revision Sawflys with 2 lenses (clear and smoke) are like $90. Add in the Rx carrier for $25 and go to your local optometrist with your prescription and get them to cut the cheapest set of lenses they can typically should run you about $90-110-ish (Essilor, Nikon, Zeiss etc.). No fancy Anti scratch or AR coating but you don't really need them.

Best thing about the carrier is that it's universal so I can use my Sawflys and with a quick change of the mount I can put them into a pair of the Locusts or whatever. I'm sure ESS has a similar system too but I've been able to find Revision fairly easily.

DS Tatical in New West should carry them. And looking on their website it looks like Lever Arms just down Burrard and 4th has them too.
Old February 19th, 2015, 08:59   #11
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Honestly just get contacts. It'll eliminate literally very issue you can encounter. I used to try and wear glasses underneath my JT goggles and it was a pain in the ass, damn things dug into my face and fogged all the time, besides needing to be cleaned every now and then.

Contacts. Contacts. CONTACTS.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 11:56   #12
ShadowTwoSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD Steve View Post
Not only does it look incredibly ridiculous to wear goggles over glasses (nerd factor x 10)
HEY! I never looked like a... Oh dang!

Seriously though...

I have no idea how well they work but Guard-Dog goggles have airsoft-specific goggles that can be ordered with prescription lenses built in.

[url]http://guarddogs.com/collections/airsoft[\url]

Personally I'm hoping they will bring out a dual pane goggle where one of the 2 lenses can be prescription. Kind of a melding of Pyramex I-Force Dual-pane & Guard Dog RX in one. Only a matter of time...er... I hope.
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:29   #13
Chotto

Send a message via MSN to Chotto
Contacts are great if you can put things in your eye, some people cannot. I have the revision with inserts and I have found that the insert fogs up, but due to my face they rest against my eye brows so it is a bit annoying. I liked wearing my glasses under goggles better, but I cannot find any that I like.
Chotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:38   #14
naminator

If you can do contacts thats how I would go. Should cost you 60$ to get fitted for them and then ask for some samples. They will give you daily or weekly lenses. I like 2 week lenses as they last longer compared to dailys and are cheaper. I am planning on picking up a box of daily lenses for longer skrims. That way if they start to bother my eyes I can take them out and throw them away guilt free and not have to put them in a case to save for later.

That being said I don't have that bad of vision, but it is still annoying for everything to be fuzzy and makes target acquisition really difficult.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:57   #15
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Plus 1 for contacts. Far superior to glasses in every way, at least as far as airsoft is concerned. Tell your eye doctor what you're doing (airsoft) that needs contacts, and say you're interested in extremely breathable lenses. Honestly, I used to walk around half blind rather than wear my glasses. Also,and if you want to spend the coin, you could get a set of ballistic eyewear with prescription inserts.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion