Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Apex Tactics brand question

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 21st, 2016, 00:15   #1
Turnbull

Apex Tactics brand question

I've recently been looking at a few low/mid range products made by the brand Apex, sold by Taktik Airsoft, a local airsoft retailer based out of Montreal, Quebec. Since I haven't really heard of this brand circulating in the classifieds, I wanted to try to get a feel for the overall quality of the brand. I searched through the forums (which did not provide much information on this brand) and did some sleuthing on Google and have come up with the following information:

- Apex was founded by a group of airsofters operating out of Hong Kong who were dissatisfied with the quality of low/mid range AEGs available on the market.

-They decided to begin producing AEGs that would be good entry level guns which would require minimal initial upgrades, claiming that they perform well right out of the box.

-Apex Tactic Beta line basic specs can be found here: https://taktikairsoft.com/product/ap...g-metal-black/

After reading up on the available info I could find online, as well as watching a few product reviews on Youtube, I've discovered a few more things:

-Craftsmanship of the gun is apparently good, including the rail system.
-Full metal upper/lower receiver
-Laser etched logos and serial numbers
-Ambidextrous mag release
-6.03mm tightbore chrome plated barrel
-9mm bearings
-Full metal hop up unit
-Quickchange spring mechanism comes installed with most models

However a few negative issues were presented as well, including:
-A grip that was a little "boxy" making it slightly uncomfortable
-Magwell was a little loose, however this apparently did not affect feeding
-Chrono testing of the AEG right out of the box showed an average FPS of 370, 20FPS below that stated in the specs.
-One reviewer found a loose spring in the body upon opening it up (this could have been due to it being a pre-production model he was reviewing, or could potentially indicate a quality control issue?)

While this information has provided me with a starting point, the sample size of reviews just isn't large enough for me to form a reliable opinion of the brand. Thus, I would like to inquire if anyone here has had any experience with this brand of AEGs, has heard anything about their quality/durability/performance, etc.

My thanks,
Old August 21st, 2016, 00:58   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if you can't find it even in the asian sites then it's a rebrand of some other brand. Airsoft is a monkey see monkey do environment. If apex really WERE a good brand, you'd see a lot of them out there.

The only v2 quick change spring gearboxes that I know exist in ares and classic army guns, and cheap ACM aftermarket gearbox shells. I'd also throw in the possibility of it being SRC as well.

340$ for a nylon bodied aeg? I'd take a combat machine and keep the extra 100 bucks.
Old August 21st, 2016, 11:29   #3
Turnbull

Yeah, see that was part of my apprehension with this brand. It always makes me suspicious when its not a commonly known brand, so thats why I'm trying to gather as much information and public opinion as I can.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion