Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G GC16 MOD 0 A1 AEG vs G&G CM16 SRL or SRXL

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 10th, 2016, 11:19   #1
johnyarden

G&G GC16 MOD 0 A1 AEG vs G&G CM16 SRL or SRXL

Hey guys, I did a search but could not find anything specific to this question. I am just starting to get into airsoft (use to be an avid paintballer) and have narrowed it down to these two kits after researching for a while. I just wanted to double check the difference between these two kits and to receive any recommendations from the community.

From what I can tell, the MOD 0 A1 is full metal, but is based on the older GC series (does not have the MOSFET, does not have the electronic trigger, 3 round burst, etc) where as the new CM16 series does have all of this, as well as the Keymod rail, ergonomic grip, etc.

The price point for both of these are very similar (linked below), but unfortunately I cannot compare them in person. My questions are is it worth it to go with the full metal body over the new CM's?
Does anyone know if the internals are the same between the kits?
Are they both truly able to run Li-POs without issue?
Are there any differences I am missing between the two?

A quick aside about how I will be playing, I believe I would mostly be playing outside, but more CQC (speedball esc).
Thanks a lot for the help, here are the links (Canadian) https://www.badlandspaintball.com/gg-cm16-srl-combo https://www.badlandspaintball.com/gg...g-airsoft-gun-
johnyarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 15:30   #2
Slodin

um my friend bought a SRL a few days ago..

All I can say is I love that quick trigger pull thanks to the electronic trigger and mosfet then combined with a 11.1v lipo..

If u want a fullmetal gun..well..you can get that mod 0...but personally I would go for SRL for all those extra features...(old CM16 and GC they actually might be the same internals if I recall correctly)

almost any gun can run lipos...even the old CM16..but it's better run a lipo below 11.1v for non-mosfet guns...

we are no break no fix..so it might be a long while before we have to open up that gun...personally don't think mod 0 is worth it atm...
Old February 10th, 2016, 17:13   #3
*Tor*

Personally I would get the SR series and enjoy the new G&G ETU trigger unit with its micoswitch and mosfet features.

Between the Mod 0 and the SR the internal build quality is not different. Both guns have bushings, as opposed to 8mm Bearings seen in the top tech and some GC series guns. So neither gun is designed to run as a high speed 11.1V setup.

Some of my favourite SR features:
-ambidextrous selector switches.
-Rear wiring
-Improved Stock (battery door pivots, rather than removing the rubber pad)
-Upgraded charging handle
-Ergo grip

Usually I recommend the metal receiver over the nylon/polymer cm16 series, but on the SR series they have taken polymer bodies to a new level of quality.

Also try to buy it from someone who isn't Badlands.
*Tor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 17:08   #4
HaZarD SFD

I have had the chance to hold one of these and coming from the TM plastic body days these SR CM16's are a beast for a polymer body. Its damn solid and not flexible in any manner. I have given one a stress test and its about as solid as a metal body but a fair bit lighter.

I am doing an SMP setup in the one I am picking up so I cannot attest to their internals.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion