Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Clearsoft p90tr

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 31st, 2009, 13:02   #1
pabloski

Send a message via MSN to pabloski
Clearsoft p90tr

Hi i saw this gun http://www.armyissue.com/cube/index....&productId=613 i was wondering if that gun is any good?
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:09   #2
Crunchmeister

Plastic gun, plastic mechbox, plastic gears, weak performance, no adjustable hopup, not compatible with other P90 parts on the market. That should answer your question right there.

If you want a wall hanger you can paint and have look pretty, then go for it. If you actually expect to shoot it, then look elsewhere.
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:11   #3
Cheeseman

It sucks. It's basically a starter gun for those new to airsoft. The internals are plastic and not much can be expected in terms of performance. As for the LEET accessories, they are the same fragile plastic flash light and red dot's found on the old Well and Crossman airsoft guns. If you’re new to airsoft then it isn’t necessarily a bad gun to target practice with, but don’t expect it to survive long, if at all in the field.
Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:17   #4
Crunchmeister

Although I will say in this gun's defense that the plastic gears are strong. Sepulcrum, Talraga and I connected an 11.1V Lipo battery to one of these a couple of weeks ago and held the trigger in dry-firing, hoping to see the mechbox implode. Much to our collective amazement, after about a minute long burst, it kept going without issue. We were more worried about blowing up the battery at that point so stopped. But in terms of shooting, it's short range, inaccurate, and very inconsistent. Even for plinking it's crap.

The only 'standard' P90 part it takes is the mags, which are TM compatible. Although the high cap that comes with it is as junky as the rest of the gun.
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:19   #5
pabloski

thanks all and ye i am a beginner but after what u guys said im gonna wait and find a better gun...
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:22   #6
Rotting
Roko

Friend got one of these just to piss around with in his basement as a passtime. Managed to break it the first time he was using it. Not sure what he did, but jesus, I've fallen on my weapon and it still functions. It's not a good sign when a weapon stops working entirely just from being used as intended.

Primary: Custom WE M16A3
Secondary: KWA MP9
Side: Custom WE M1911A1
Rotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:22   #7
pabloski

wat would you guys say as to this gun?
http://velocityarms.ca/index.php?mai...products_id=94
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:23   #8
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Great starter gun, the kraken is.
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:24   #9
pabloski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roko View Post
Friend got one of these just to piss around with in his basement as a passtime. Managed to break it the first time he was using it. Not sure what he did, but jesus, I've fallen on my weapon and it still functions. It's not a good sign when a weapon stops working entirely just from being used as intended.
wow its that bad and it still costs 80$??wow.....theyre pricy.....the site i mean
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:29   #10
pabloski

and one moire please lol i need to know if its worth it i plan to be training 4 hours aday 7 days a week minimum so out of the kraken and this mp5 which would be a best idea for me i have good aim and im a heavy guy (just in case i fall) and i am goning to be running it about a total of 30 hours + a week...http://velocityarms.ca/index.php?mai...products_id=95

Last edited by pabloski; March 31st, 2009 at 13:30.. Reason: forgot link
pabloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:31   #11
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloski View Post
and if anyone wants to sell a good used gun lemme know....people in gta area ...i dont drive and btw i am 18 and i will show id before u sell
Please do not post want ads outside of the classifieds section. You must be age verified in order to buy, sell, or post want ads on this website.

Posts like that can get you infractions pretty quickly.
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:35   #12
Crunchmeister

Making a post asking for a gun in the non-AV section is a violation of the rules and will result in infraction points against you. I suggest you edit your post.

And why don't you just meet with an age verifier. There are assloads of them in the Toronto area. Then you'll have access to good guns. You're better off buying 1 good gun that will last than multiple shit ones that will break as soon as you get them.

That being said, Aftermath Kraken and Broxa are actually not bad guns - when they work. However, they tend to be hit-or-miss... You could have one that shoots tens of thousands of rounds without issue, or get one that won't shoot off 10 shots before breaking. Buyer beware.
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:38   #13
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
What do you mean by "training"?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:46   #14
pabloski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Making a post asking for a gun in the non-AV section is a violation of the rules and will result in infraction points against you. I suggest you edit your post.

And why don't you just meet with an age verifier. There are assloads of them in the Toronto area. Then you'll have access to good guns. You're better off buying 1 good gun that will last than multiple shit ones that will break as soon as you get them.

That being said, Aftermath Kraken and Broxa are actually not bad guns - when they work. However, they tend to be hit-or-miss... You could have one that shoots tens of thousands of rounds without issue, or get one that won't shoot off 10 shots before breaking. Buyer beware.
Thanks crunchmeister... i have sent some one a pm about age verification but i havent heard back so im gonna wait a few weeks and meet with whisper_kill he will verify me..i guess i missed that rule when i read them...
and styrak i mean im gonna be doing drills and shooting ...aim practice
ive already started doing the regular drop's, rolls, somersaults....etc but with out a gun...

Last edited by pabloski; March 31st, 2009 at 13:49..
pabloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 13:48   #15
Crunchmeister

Really man. If you were willing to go to Army Issue to get that clear gun, head down there and talk to Jeroon, the owner. He's an age verifier. Then you won't be stuck choosing between which low end crap gun to buy.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank