Canada Post services suspended nationwide

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old June 19th, 2011, 11:24   #46
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Not to mention forgery...

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out who was working that route on the day in question.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 14:36   #47
R1ghty

This is such balls.
How can they strike and hold customers' property ransom? If Uhaul went on strike and people couldn't access their stuff in storage, wouldn't there be lawsuits?

I mean, Striking and saying "as of now, we are not taking any more parcels. Hoever all parcels in our posesion will be delivered" would be legit.

But assuring customers that a parcel will reach its destination the next day, and locking shit up that very next day is a scam.

Last edited by R1ghty; June 19th, 2011 at 14:39..
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:56   #48
whisper_kill

I have to agree.
Old June 20th, 2011, 13:55   #49
philly0001

I would agree. People only have a certain amout of time to get refunds, file claims, etc. How does this effect these claims? As no one saw the lockout coming and were willing the take the risk of a package getting hung up for a day or two in the rotating strike (or at least the businesses shipping). As there are consumables in the mail, peoples medicine, money, and stuff. These comsumables will now be wrecked (and might wreck packages around it) and whoever is out x number of dollars, will they get compinsated? How is that fair to us? If they delivered everything that was in the mail as it was and said no more new mail this wouldnt be a big deal and wouldve been dealt with maturely. We could have at least made alternate plans to get our shit. Now its in a plant and who knows how much mail will be lost or whatever as a result.

I really do feel like my package is being held hostage. I think its leveraege from CP to get the public to put pressure on the union and/or government. I just want my stuff that I should already have. Why havent they been forced back to work yet? When its all said and done and the dust settles I am sure people will go back to CP as they have the best prices (even though not the greatest as is) and its much easier to pick up a package (for London, FedEx Ground pick up is in Cambridge which is an hour away, I can see my local CP from my house).

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ghty View Post
This is such balls.
How can they strike and hold customers' property ransom? If Uhaul went on strike and people couldn't access their stuff in storage, wouldn't there be lawsuits?

I mean, Striking and saying "as of now, we are not taking any more parcels. Hoever all parcels in our posesion will be delivered" would be legit.

But assuring customers that a parcel will reach its destination the next day, and locking shit up that very next day is a scam.
Old June 20th, 2011, 14:14   #50
m102404
Tys

I can understand that businesses that were not able to adapt to this loss of service are hurting. Even a 2-3wk thing for small-med businesses (which to my understanding make up something like 90% of the businesses in Canada) is jeopardizing for the entire year.

On a personal level...dunno, if I wasn't expecting a pair of suspenders in the mail I wouldn't have even noticed that there was a strike. I cringe at the thought of how much junk mail is going to pour into my mailbox come later this week. I might just put a recycle bin under the box to catch the overflow and save me some time.

Back to businesses...the only thing I wonder is how many SMB's will prepare a contigency for such a loss of critical service again down the road? The precedent is set...unless the union goes away, it'll happen again.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 14:41   #51
T_A_N_K

I never had an issue with CP, ever. I've received/ but mostly sent at least 200+ parcels with them. Never had an issue on my end. I use them because they are convenient and relatively economical (1 minute walk from my house). Went to FED EX a few weeks ago to send out my PTW, $90 to Calgary in 4 Business days. Kinda steep, but I didn't care, I didn't pay for the shipping.

But its true, other than my Visa/Rogers bill(which I check and pay for online anyways) I don't really get anything important in the mail, up until recently the Cert's from RCMP.

Although my Mesa Tactical Shotgun Saddle is stuck in lingo

My neighborhood mail box:

There's always a garbage can there purposely for the junk mail and its usually pretty full.

Last edited by T_A_N_K; June 20th, 2011 at 14:48..
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 16:35   #52
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
Do what I do. Junk mail goes in that handy slot in the top of the box.... eventually they get the message.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 16:40   #53
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ghty View Post
This is such balls.

If you look at the information page they specifically state that they cease to guarantee service standards during a labour shortage or strike etc..

I guess someone could lauch a class action suit for the difference between express and standard mail as they accepted it knowing they would lock out CP employees.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 16:47   #54
whisper_kill

I have about $15,000 in client cheques I have been desperately waiting for... And C-fucking-P has my money. Am I bitter? Hell yes.
Old June 20th, 2011, 16:53   #55
m102404
Tys

Whisper...just out of interest since I know you're a thinking man and I value your opinion.

What have you done during this strike as an alternate means to get other cheques/monies during the strike?

Are you going to do anything/something different to mitigate this type of business interruption from happening again?

(just brain picking for my own interests sake)
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 16:54   #56
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I say lock both sides into a small, 'interview' sized room until they reach a fair and amicable deal, and the mail starts flowing again.

And if they have to pee... well... I'm sure that'll serve as an effective motivator for them to get their shit together.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 19:07   #57
Soul_Architect

Send a message via MSN to Soul_Architect Send a message via Skype™ to Soul_Architect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
I say lock both sides into a small, 'interview' sized room until they reach a fair and amicable deal, and the mail starts flowing again.

And if they have to pee... well... I'm sure that'll serve as an effective motivator for them to get their shit together.

AMEN.
Old June 20th, 2011, 19:09   #58
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper_kill View Post
I have about $15,000 in client cheques I have been desperately waiting for... And C-fucking-P has my money. Am I bitter? Hell yes.
I feel you man, I don't disagree that the people who this screws the most are the customers.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 19:15   #59
Juke16

I hope nobody has LiPos in the mail, it would really suck if some LiPos went poof inside a processing facility.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 19:20   #60
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

The irony of it all. In a supposed attempt at negociating a convention that would provide better service, they completely cut the service.

Stupid fucks.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand