Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Glock Thread!

:

Airsoft Media

Old February 8th, 2014, 18:01   #526
RacingManiac

While I really don't mess too much with my guns anymore(or use them really), I got around to get a newer Guarder frame for my 17...also change the way I did the stippling compared to before...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 16:41   #527
e-luder

Haven't posted here in a while...

Steel slide, barrel and uprated recoil spring courtesy of ARC-74

Last edited by e-luder; February 27th, 2014 at 16:43..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 22:46   #528
Chemo
R.T. Corpsman
formerly UJO Spec Ops

Nothing special. Just my WE G17 with LASER ENGRAVINGS!
They just got finished today so I'm pretty happy.

RT07 is my "armory number" for our team. We each have a unique one.

My favourite phrase right now, being the combat medic and all.

The medical cross with the wings and bird feet is actually the logo for my school's Nursing Student Society. It's pretty PJ if I must say so myself.
And yes, I am in Nursing, so I'm not ripping off of them to look cool. Yes, I am a dude, and yes it is the manliest job I can think of; thanks for asking.

I painted the Glock trades on the other side but there's nothing really special about that.
Old March 17th, 2014, 18:40   #529
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Very similar to mine, also laser engraved but with team name and logo.

Edit: wow photobucket is greatly reducing the quality of my images :/
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 01:22   #530
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Started off as a chrome WE-G18

I used flat black dupli-color engine enamel to paint it on ARC-74's advice. Turned out nice I think.

(I apologize in advance for the poor photo quality **Click to enlarge**)

localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 03:40   #531
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Posting on Behalf of my Brother Noveske He dont come on ASC much anymore....
Anywho heres his THREE yes THREE SAI Glocks... He has a Guns Modify RMR Slide that he hasnt found time to install yet however... So here goes

HK3P Gen 4 G17 with first gen Airsoft Surgeon SAI SLIDE
TM G17 with G17 SAI Slide

TM SAI G22C

HK3P with the OSP Suppressor
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)

Last edited by phloudernow; April 10th, 2014 at 05:54..
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 09:22   #532
zzzzsleepy8

A little issue I have with RS glocks is the lack of a manual safety. OK, I know the airsoft TM glocks have manual safety where the serial number plates are.

What do you guys think of RS glocks and the fact there are no external safety switch/mechanism like the 1911s do with the thumb switch?

I get that a lot of glock fans will go on the defensive about firing pin safety etc etc - and how no fingers on trigger, no.1 safety is between the ears, etc etc.

But manual safety is important. Every truly safe gun should have a safety mechanism that absolutely mechanically prevents the firing pin or hammer from striking the bullet and getting a round off. The ARs have safety switches (granted they don't have trigger safety). I don't see guys complaining how spec-ops operators are noobs because they put their m4s/416 on safety also. Yeah, I know for RS glocks you can get aftermarket external safety switches put on, but its something the manufacturer should have designed in as standard.

Last edited by zzzzsleepy8; March 27th, 2014 at 09:24..
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 15:32   #533
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
I only have one thing to say about that, every time I draw my life 1911(of the 3 different ones I've owned) I discover my gear already turned off the safety making it far less safe then a glock as the trigger pull is so light.

Regardless a good holster means zero chance of the trigger getting hit by accident and that is by far the most important thing.

Oh just going to add as you may have never though of this but extra safeties on a side arm, which often needs to be drawn and fired in a panic as fast as possible, are added over complication which in a real life scenario could cause you your life. In airsoft it might mean the difference between getting the hit and taking a hit.

Last edited by AngelusNex; March 27th, 2014 at 15:35..
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 16:08   #534
redneck12

Its all about training, and building up muscle memory. You buy a new holster, you practice drawing from it and over time you get to know the in's and out's of it. Same goes for guns and really any piece of gear.
As long as your finger is outside the trigger guard prior to firing that's your safety. Glocks and any other defensive hand gun are built around operator proficiency. Know your gun inside and out, if not having an external safety makes you nervous move on to another pistol. My 1911's are never on safe at a game, I carry them ready to rock the only time the safety is on is during storage.

01.jpg
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 17:21   #535
zzzzsleepy8

Its not just the 1911s. The berettas, USP etc have external manual safety switches. I love the look of the glocks. I love the fact they use polymers too as the outer shell is more resilient than metal sometimes and won't need re-bluing/blackening of scratches like steel or aluminum would.

But I never thought a trigger safety, right at the trigger, is much of a safety at all. Basically its "don't pull the trigger then it wont go off", well duh. What if something gets snagged in the trigger guard area and depresses the trigger safety like a finger would? Its just inherently not safe.

Actually as for fast draw and fire, the same can be said about good muscle memory and training of a firearm to remember to disable the safety in the case of firearms with safety. Also, a lot of guns without manual safety are often kept without a round in the chamber as the 'safety in place of a manual safety switch', so you'd have to rack the slide to load a round in chamber anyway. More time is spent racking a slide than switching a manual safety off.

I think having a double action and heavy trigger pull, then added with a manual safety switch, is probably the most practical. You can get a round off by pressing hard in double action mode in quick draw and react situations. So you can keep a round in the chamber and maybe even leave the safety off. But with glocks it all comes down to trigger movement whether or not a round goes off. And if people accidentally snag the trigger with a stick, pen, lipstick etc - and it depresses the trigger, then you get accidental fire.

Last edited by zzzzsleepy8; March 27th, 2014 at 17:27..
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 18:57   #536
redneck12

Well I don't know about you, but I don't carry around lipstick in my gear. And my pistols stay in the holster unless needed. If you manage to cause an ND, then you are not in proper care and control of that firearm period its not an accident its pure stupidity. 99% of the holsters on the market are designed with trigger protection so when used properly I don't see how you could possibly "accidently" set off the trigger. Also most pistols no matter what brand come with a trigger pull of more than 4lbs and I'm not to sure cuz well I don't use lipstick, but I don't think lipstick tubes can exert enough pressure to set off Glock safety and the trigger. Short of a factory defect there is no such thing as an accidental discharge it all comes down to poor care and control.

Any ways enough chat in here, its a Glock pic thread if you want to debate this topic further start a thread instead of clogging up this thread.
Cheers
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 19:06   #537
jjkfeng

I'm really panning for one those AS sai slide sets, they lool absolutely stunning... anyone know if there is a sai slide for 18c? I can't seem to find any

oops, I should mention for Marui G18C

Last edited by jjkfeng; March 27th, 2014 at 19:44..
jjkfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 20:57   #538
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkfeng View Post
I'm really panning for one those AS sai slide sets, they lool absolutely stunning... anyone know if there is a sai slide for 18c? I can't seem to find any

oops, I should mention for Marui G18C
AS does not make a SAI slide for the 18C, however the Guns Modify RMR slide works with the 18C with modification according to what ive read on other forums and their facebook page.

Also you could go with the ACE1Arms version of the SAI slide. Not as pretty but looks ok imo. they work with the 18C. RMR version only tho not sure about normal
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 04:32   #539
jjkfeng

Ya, the ACE1 are sold out everywhere. I'm considering preordering the Gunsmodify one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
AS does not make a SAI slide for the 18C, however the Guns Modify RMR slide works with the 18C with modification according to what ive read on other forums and their facebook page.

Also you could go with the ACE1Arms version of the SAI slide. Not as pretty but looks ok imo. they work with the 18C. RMR version only tho not sure about normal
Old April 6th, 2014, 04:36   #540
jjkfeng

Work in progress, so far:

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media