Closed Thread

Old April 13th, 2010, 13:18   #16
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Get this, mine was blue i guess they updated it:

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1030
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:20   #17
L473ncy

I have an inclination to slightly believe this guy. If you look at some of the posting styles and sentence structure of the posts they're not too consistent with how he's typing now.

Still, shared accounts as well as multiple accounts are a no no. Get your brother to make his own.

Also if/when you do get AV'ed make sure your younger brother does not have access to the account. It's a BIG no no and can get your AV status revoked (temporarily until you fix it or possibly permanently).
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:36   #18
Dirty Deeds

Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
I have an inclination to slightly believe this guy. If you look at some of the posting styles and sentence structure of the posts they're not too consistent with how he's typing now.

Still, shared accounts as well as multiple accounts are a no no. Get your brother to make his own.

Also if/when you do get AV'ed make sure your younger brother does not have access to the account. It's a BIG no no and can get your AV status revoked (temporarily until you fix it or possibly permanently).
First post ever, admits to being 16:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...23#post1198223

Fourth post ever, defends the fact that he is 16:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...88#post1200188

Fifth post ever, continues to defend the fact that he is 16:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...16#post1200216

Seventh post ever, argues that at 16 he is buying legally:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...83#post1200283

Basically all of the posts are from this thread:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=101407

Personally I think he's full of it. I would ask him to show up at the LZ on Noob Day so he can be age verified.

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Old April 13th, 2010, 13:39   #19
Crunchmeister

Well, he somehow managed to acquire an airsoft gun underage in Ontario, which is illegal, unless his parents bought it for him. Not a good start and he won't get any support from me.

And besides, every underage noob that comes on here looking for a gun ALWAYS has 40 acres of backwoods lots to play on. That's just standard.
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:46   #20
soldier101

Guys, I'd really appreciate it if you'd cut the crap, really.

The only posts I've made is this one, and I've posted a few times on the "The Official I Hate Canada Post" thread, and I believe that's it...I may have made one or two other posts on here, but other than that, the rest was my brother. I told you I'll have a chat with him when he gets back from school in about an hour, and I'll tell him to stay off my accounts. Once again, I apologize for the confusion, but I'm not here to ruin this fun hobby. Take careopcorn:
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:48   #21
soldier101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Get this, mine was blue i guess they updated it:

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1030
Thanks Ronan, I'll order this within the next couple days!
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:53   #22
Dirty Deeds

Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier101 View Post

The only posts I've made is this one, and I've posted a few times on the "The Official I Hate Canada Post" thread, and I believe that's it...I may have made one or two other posts on here, but other than that, the rest was my brother. I told you I'll have a chat with him when he gets back from school in about an hour, and I'll tell him to stay off my accounts. Once again, I apologize for the confusion, but I'm not here to ruin this fun hobby. Take careopcorn:

Why don't you swing by on Noob Day and meet some of us? May 1st http://www.lzottawa.ca/forums/index.php

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Old April 13th, 2010, 13:54   #23
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier101 View Post

I highly suggest you take the time to come out the NCR noob day at the LZ Next Month. IF you want anyone to believe anything you say from here on in. This is in your best interest. It is also the only way you will be allowed anywhere near a local Airsoft field. Follow this link.
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:54   #24
Con Murder

The crap will fly until you get AV'd and thats the simple way of dealing with it. If your a man you'll flex your muscle (brain) and learn em to understand you! Course if your in Deathbridge Hellberta you must be patient and wait till you can stumble apon nacho-pudding, now theres a treasure worth seeking! Let the flames abound as long as one day I find nacho-pudding!
Old April 13th, 2010, 13:55   #25
Crunchmeister

Well like it or not, because of those former posts, until you have the "Age Verified" tag under your name, you'll be considered to beunderage and having broken the rules of this forum, the community, as well as the law to procure an airsoft gun. Whether or not you chat with your brother (giving you the benefit of the doubt and you are telling the truth) is irrelevant. If you are who you are, then he blew it for you until you get age-verified.

One thing you'll notice is that ASC doesn't take kindly to those who violate the rules and most guys have a good memory. And starting another account won't help either. So as of now, until you get verified, you can pretty much considered yourself screwed.
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:00   #26
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex View Post
I highly suggest you take the time to come out the NCR noob day at the LZ Next Month. IF you want anyone to believe anything you say from here on in. This is in your best interest. It is also the only way you will be allowed anywhere near a local Airsoft field. Follow this link.
+1
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:04   #27
soldier101

Alright alright, I'll try my best to make it out there for the game...I am a complete noob however and I played a bit of paintball a few years back!

I do understand where you guys are coming from and if getting age verified is really the only way to be accepted into this community then I will do my best to make it out there.

Thank you to those who answered my questions, I hope to meet up with you guys shortly!
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:07   #28
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Don't even worry about being a noob. It is a noob event for a reason. I too am a noob. The 18th will be my first game and I can tell you I AM SO PUMPED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:11   #29
Crunchmeister

It's nothing personal dude, but once someone declares themselves underage (or as you say, your brother did), then you're pretty much screwed unless you can prove otherwise. We do accept underage members what abide by the rules (there are many, and they do).

But this situation reeks of an underage kid having circumvented the AV policy as well as broken the law. Airsoft is not on very safe legal grounds in Canada, and the community makes every effort to try to maintain the positive we currently have of responsible, law-abiding ADULT airsoft players. So I hope you understand our position on this.

And here's to hoping that you do make it to the noob day. It's the perfect way to get initiated into the sport as well as getting age verified.
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:13   #30
DanoftheDead

Serioulsy its not hard to get AV'd there are plenty of varifiers out there. It will settle this once and for all. Trust me, It took me less than a week to have AV status once I met a Verifier (thanks Z). I'm not saying you aren't 18+, but you need to understand that this is a common thing here, I've been on her only a short time and I've already seen so many kids try this same thing singing the same song and doing the same dance. Understand that this community has to deal with this crap all the time and has become a little sick of it. Just goto the noob day, meet some people and get AV'd you'll be glad you did.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank