Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2009, 18:34   #136
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
Be nice to your local canada post mail person.

The more they like you, the more they go out of their way to help you.

use logic, screaming at them won't help for shit
+1

back in shelburne the guy or girl(they rotated) both always came to the door knocked a few times, then honked their horns to try to get an answer. small towns in my experience get some what better service because each worker gets like 40 houses a day. also helps leaving them goodies in the mailbox for the special occasions birthdays/easter/christmas/new years treat them well and thou shalt receive in kind
Old August 11th, 2009, 17:00   #137
Nabisco_Lobstrosity

I can't say for the rest of the players in my province, but I've lived in a few larger cities and I am liking the Canadian postal workers in Charlottetown.

The outlet where I drop off or pick up items is on a first-name basis with me, and the local people they hire* to deliver parcels are the first I've ever had who don't just either drop it on my apartment's doorstop or stuff it into a mailbox after folding it in half. They even show up on weekends or first-thing in the morning after civic holidays, if there was a processing backlog. I couldn't be happier.

Airsoft is an expensive hobby, so I sympathize when shit happens but unfortunately this comes with the territory. Like an airport baggage claim - you can expect that they won't lose your luggage, but that doesn't mean that they can't. Items pass through so many hands and depend on so many cogs in the system, each working at their best - it just doesn't seem realistic to be really shocked when service sucks once and a while.

The best thing I do when I buy airsoft stuff is also budget for insurance, unexpected fees, or possibly losing the sum of my entire order. If the price is too high after factoring all of that in, then I am a lot less likely to spend any money at all.

* It seems like most of the time, parcels are delivered by a seperate company that is contracted by Canada Post
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:55   #138
Combine

Today i'm going to have to pay 175$ duty fee on a 200$ package

FUCK CANADA
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:57   #139
Loathing

$175 duty fee on a CP package? Ow. It was through CP, right?
Old August 17th, 2009, 15:27   #140
Maverick383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
$175 duty fee on a CP package? Ow. It was through CP, right?
I can't see that... has to be UPS... that i could see

Anyways... i have an order from redwolf in MISSISSAUGA right now. I was really surprised that when it arrived at customs it was cleared in a few hours, i figured i was one of the lucky ones and they let my package through!!! so i should be expecting it soon.... But that's not the case.... Currently my tracking update says "Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing" i figured this meant that it was done being reviewed and should be coming through the mail now, it has show that status since Aug 02 (10 working days). So what is the tracking information saying? is it still in customs? is can-post reviewing the items now? did it fall behind something and is lost now? LOL i dunno what to think. I know people have been waiting months for their stuff and i will be patient, im just wondering if it cleared customs why is it not on it's way....
Old August 17th, 2009, 15:37   #141
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

I got the Same problem, "Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing" It's been there since July 29th, Usually things take 1 day after being released to get to me. I called CP they say they have no record of it, So I'm supposed to call Customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick383 View Post
I can't see that... has to be UPS... that i could see

Anyways... i have an order from redwolf in MISSISSAUGA right now. I was really surprised that when it arrived at customs it was cleared in a few hours, i figured i was one of the lucky ones and they let my package through!!! so i should be expecting it soon.... But that's not the case.... Currently my tracking update says "Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing" i figured this meant that it was done being reviewed and should be coming through the mail now, it has show that status since Aug 02 (10 working days). So what is the tracking information saying? is it still in customs? is can-post reviewing the items now? did it fall behind something and is lost now? LOL i dunno what to think. I know people have been waiting months for their stuff and i will be patient, im just wondering if it cleared customs why is it not on it's way....
Old August 17th, 2009, 17:05   #142
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo64 View Post
I got the Same problem, "Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing" It's been there since July 29th, Usually things take 1 day after being released to get to me. I called CP they say they have no record of it, So I'm supposed to call Customs.
I have the same problem right now, my package was released by customs on Aug 2nd and I still dont have it. I called CP and they suggested I contact the shipper to do an "investigation."
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Old August 17th, 2009, 21:46   #143
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

The one thing I find really annoying about Canada Post is that they don't update the tracking number at all. It just tells you that the package has been received by the post office, and does not update until it gets delivered. They might as well not give you a tracking number :/

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
Old August 17th, 2009, 23:54   #144
Shaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian209 View Post
The one thing I find really annoying about Canada Post is that they don't update the tracking number at all. It just tells you that the package has been received by the post office, and does not update until it gets delivered. They might as well not give you a tracking number :/
They actually do update it if it's expedited. regular mail, they won't. But even then, they update morning and night only. =.=

Anyway, my complaint is no one has control over the length stuff is in customs, and they don't even know if it's lost or where it is until it gets scanned somewhere. So stupid!!! Canadapost just holds it in a warehouse and lets it sit there and they get to it on their own leisurely schedule. (this is straight from a very disgruntled Can Post worker who was more than willing to share the inner workings of Can Post) And if the seller wants to open an investigation, it takes 3 weeks!! LIKE WAT THE HECK MAN!!

Also another thing, I've had a package (2 in fact) go out 3 times for delivery (the last time it finally arrived otherwise for some stupid reason it goes RTS). I called nearly 10 times over the days that it was supposed to arrive, and i kept getting told it was MY fault b/c the wrong address was written on the package and they couldn't do anything or figure out what was going on more than what was on the page I saw (I know it is noted, but if im calling, why the hell would i want to call about what I already know!!). (package arrived with the correct address on it in the most perfect handwriting i've ever seen, almost as if a computer printed out the letters). I finally reached someone who actually was helpful, and was like, "OH! Well, i'll write up a report w/ what is happening right now", and got all my information. She then mumbled something as she was checking boxes, and said "first time caller...." and i piped up and noted it was now the 8th time. She was more than surprised. (wow!! I wish they were all helpful, most just talk to me like it's my fault!! and i talk to them in almost a chi like manner, no joke, i have to meditate before talking to these dickwads) and then my package finally arrived. They don't even have a way of contacting their drivers to let them know the situation until it can go out the next day. They seem to want to hold my package until it's the day it was quoted to arrive =.= I really don't understand why the hell they can't deliver a godd*** package when it's out on the truck already. Wouldn't that make sense?? or is this some weird mentality I have yet to run in to? And while they weren't delivering the packages, I couldn't use some of the gear (It was a friggin vest from in country!!) at that weekend's wargame.

I've lived/visited many countries across the world (nearly 35 in total), and this system is one of the worst postal systems i've EVER seen (i have seen worse, but this is nearly at the top of the "worst possible postal system" list). These noted events are not random or few and far between events, they are not isolated events at ALL! I have had an issue with a lot of my packages I get from w/in country (and that is A LOT of packages). This is the western world!! I would expect a lot more from them (Not that USPS is any better). I f***ing hate this postal service, they need to retrain EVERYONE or some other system needs to be put in place that is 100x more reliable and shut Can Post down.
Old August 17th, 2009, 23:55   #145
Shaku

Oh yeah, and if you need to contact customs, i also got this number from the disgruntled postal worker. Just be warned, all you mainly get is a bitchy lady who needs to get laid really badly and tells you it's not her problem and nothing can be done.

1 800 461 9999

NOTE: it is true, package delivery is through many different smaller companies, and the can post people seem to like to put the blame on these other people and not take responsibility of their own.

Last edited by Shaku; August 18th, 2009 at 00:00..
Old August 18th, 2009, 13:31   #146
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

I might give Customs a call, but I've got 3 order with the "Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing" Its shit
Old August 19th, 2009, 17:40   #147
Shaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo64 View Post
I might give Customs a call, but I've got 3 order with the "Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing" Its shit
Well, i wish you best of luck on your endeavor and everyone else's w/ can post, each problem you look to solve is like going on a quest with these guys.

Dont back down, thats all I can say. :P
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:45   #148
cooney

Hidden fee of 31$ (GST,PST and Handling Fee) from Canada Post at my front door for 6 dboys magazines.

Does this happen to all items from Hong Kong or is this all for Canadian post items.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:52   #149
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMK View Post
Hidden fee of 31$ (GST,PST and Handling Fee) from Canada Post at my front door for 6 dboys magazines.

Does this happen to all items from Hong Kong or is this all for Canadian post items.

Nope not all, sometimes they get through with no additional fees attached....BUT expect it everytime you order outside of Canada. It's not a hidden fee it's tax.
Old August 26th, 2009, 18:17   #150
Combine

My package is 2 hours away in montreal

Yet they missed the expected delivery date TWICE

This is embarassing,

I swear to god the somalian postal service has to be better than ours.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General