Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Made cheap....for a premium price

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 16th, 2007, 00:58   #1
Buds and Suds

Made cheap....for a premium price

Well, I had a problem at the end of a game this sunday passed. Suddenly it stopped dead. I knew it was an electrical problem just cause of how it was/wasnt acting. Took the mechbox apart and sure enough it was a connection problem. The copper connection that is pushed forward when you pull the trigger was not making a solid enough connection with the female end to pass current. I also noted what looked like an arch burn mark on the connectors.
Anyways, in keeping with my heading. I could not believe how budget this area of my mech box was. One little tiny screw was holding it all together. I mean, they could have splurged and put another screw in to make it more solid. I know my mechbox inside and out and I couldnt help but notice how so many problems could be avoided by spending a tiny bit more time making the internals a bit more solid. They make all the details on the gun so detailed on my gun...full metal ect ect. But in the mechbox, it just seemed rinky dink and a bit of corner cutting was done. It seems so easy and cheap to spend an extra 10 mins in the production line to make these mechbox designs and parts last alot longer by adding an extra screw here, better connectors there ect...... I dunno, maybe im just ranting here, but after one day on the field to see a simple little part spoil the day, and it wasnt even broken, just not good enough.....it just burns me.
I guess this is just the way of airsoft.
Buds and Suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:01   #2
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Buy a PTW?
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:07   #3

Multiply 10 minutes per gun by the number of guns manufacturers produce. It's not going to be worth to them. You pretty much have three choises, keep replacing parts like most people do, buy TM and don't open the mechbox or like Harley said, buy a PTW.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:07   #4
mcguyver

What gun is this?

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:31   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Uhh yeah, a little more detail maybe?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:59   #6
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
you got to remember, these people are running a business that makes toy guns for profit.
it's in their best intrest to design these guns so that they work for a given timeframe befor the customer comes crying for new replacment parts.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:14   #7
Buds and Suds

yeah sorry, its a CA M15A4 SPC. Ver 2 gearbox.
Before you all say "oohhh its a CA, they are pretty guns but gearbox junk"...I have heard this before. But in thier defence, I have had no issues thus far with any breakage or wear on internal components, even after the upgraded M120 spring and tightbore I put in. Everything else is still stock and no visable wear. This is a new gun.... guessing....3000rds put through it so far.
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:12   #8
Greylocks

M120, there's your problem.

Let me guess, you joined and immediately had your gun as upgraded as possible? Now you know why we dont recommend that. The electrical arcing happens, but the more strain you put on your gears, the more strain you put on the rest of the gun's systems. Something will give.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:21   #9
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks View Post
M120, there's your problem.

Let me guess, you joined and immediately had your gun as upgraded as possible? Now you know why we dont recommend that. The electrical arcing happens, but the more strain you put on your gears, the more strain you put on the rest of the gun's systems. Something will give.
Stole the words right out of my mouth.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:49   #10
Buds and Suds

After playing with my M120, I cant imagine playing without it now. I swapped off midgame for a stock TM Aug and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess ill just have to come to terms with replacing parts more often. Its a nuisance, but I wont downgrade till it becomes a headache. Out of problems ive heard with my model of rifle from other owners, arcing is a new one on me. even though it took awhile to take it apart and figure out where the problem was comming from, it was a minor, simple fix, and I got to grease up anyways. Even if I didnt upgrade off the bat, it would have only been a matter of time before it happened. probably right after seeing one that shot 380+Fps. These rifles should be comming stock at 350fps anyways, IMO. IF it was reliable enough for everyone of course.
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:38   #11
[Lithium]

just replace more tehn jsut the spring... Could use a new motor, atleast. Replacement gears would be a good idea.

Theres other stuff i dont know about, so wait for others to respond...

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:04   #12
jerryliang2k

Send a message via MSN to jerryliang2k
Want more FPS? Get better sealing cylinders kits and nozzles. Then get a lightly upgraded spring.

To make your mechbox last longer, upgrade those bushings.

Voila! A decent, long lasting gun that won't kill anyone!

Sidearms
- KWA G18c
- WE 1911
jerryliang2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:26   #13
Greylocks

One day, with experience, you will find out that the advice in the Upgrades section is correct. You dont need a hard spring. You DO need a good setup.

I've seen amazing guns that shot at about 340fps, but were accurate as heck due to a good setup and proper hopup adjustment. So... it's really your choice. You dont have to follow the advice given on these forums.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:50   #14
Amos

It's kinda like this...

There's the brute force method of making it shoot as hard as you can to get as much power and distance...

Or you can be gentle, upgrade little bits that will make the gun amazing without it breaking...

Take the advice of people here... (Unless their name is Reagan.S)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 19:08   #15
Buds and Suds

Well...its not like I was ignoring advice, I just used the information I had readily available. The "brute force" way was the only way I knew how. People gotta start somewhere.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner