MechBox.com

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 24th, 2009, 21:32   #31
Rotting
Roko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
Other than the trigger (shape), tappet plate (shape), nozzle (length), selector plate (shape and sometimes connector parts) and motor attachment, there shouldn't be any difference between an AK, G36, SIG, AUG or MP5K gearbox, at least internally.
Internally, no, not aside from the things you mentioned. However the external parts of the mechbox is what gets people quit frequently. Today was the first time I opened my mechbox up, but i did have some second-hand experience from watching the local gun doc here (I still managed to fuck it right up, but that's a different story ).

The trigger assembly is a massive pain in the ass. My brother has an AK, and he said that the AK is a hell of a lot easier since the trigger assembly for it is all one piece (Or something like that). Point is, he didn't spend 45 minutes yelling at it to get it in place like I did. The SiG trigger assembly is a two-level action installation. I know how to do it now, but for the first timer with no real direction, it's a massive pain in the ass. The one thing that boggled my mind was that the selector gears on the outside have no real attachment, and simply fall off once you pull the mechbox out of the body. That alone can be kind of daunting at first sight, since (at least me anyway) newbies will just pop it out thinking it's pretty simple, and then the gears drop. Then if you don't line the gears back up, you get a selector problem, most commonly not being able to shoot, and needless to say that's bad.

Just the external changes alone, I think, warrant a small maybe just a 2 minute video on how to carefully remove it, and then carefully place the mechbox back into the body.

Primary: Custom WE M16A3
Secondary: KWA MP9
Side: Custom WE M1911A1
Rotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 22:33   #32
canadauni

Just a note on this. Mechbox.com also has a mobile version for your itouch/iphone. It is really nicely done.
canadauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 13:00   #33
Cokeman
a.k.a. az29okg

I've tried to access www.mechbox.com, but my virus scanner blocks me - telling me that the site tried to download a trojan to my computer. I've tried this on two computers (Windows XP and Windows 7) running two different antivirus software (McAfee and AVAST).

Anybody else have this experience recently?
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 13:40   #34
Amos

Yea, tonnes of people are getting virus warning from that website, myself included.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:29   #35
mnb

The site hasn't been updated in a while. The last tech vid was the p90 disassembly, and that was quite a while ago already...
mnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 17:31   #36
VooDooJoe

Send a message via ICQ to VooDooJoe Send a message via MSN to VooDooJoe
This site should be re-launching sometime this month. Also some of the current videos can be found here for the time being http://www.youtube.com/user/Mechbox6mm
VooDooJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 15:06   #37
danhay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
A side-result of using the P90 is that the velocities also tend to be higher (I surmise this is based on the better air seal design it holds over all Armalites and almost any other AEG design available.)
Potentially stupid question - May I ask what it is about the P90 internals that lends to much better air seal performance?

I realize that the post I quoted is ancient and may not even be an issue anymore.

Thanks in advance - Dan

Last edited by danhay; March 6th, 2012 at 15:16..
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 15:14   #38
danhay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
I've tried to access www.mechbox.com, but my virus scanner blocks me - telling me that the site tried to download a trojan to my computer. I've tried this on two computers (Windows XP and Windows 7) running two different antivirus software (McAfee and AVAST).

Anybody else have this experience recently?
No - But I can smugly state that as I run OSX I don't need to worry about those crazy Windoze virii!

It's also worth noting that McAfee is well known for missed detections and false positives (ie. missing the real threats and mis-identifying non-issues).

Lastly, if you use IE as a primary browser, from a safety and a robustness standpoint I would strongly recommend installing FireFox or Chrome (which are both free and far better products).

Last edited by danhay; March 6th, 2012 at 15:40..
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 07:12   #39
ValaskaAirsoft

Hum... 6 years and this site isn't up, I would assume its dead at this point?
ValaskaAirsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications