Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ICS FA mod to TM style V2 gb?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 25th, 2020, 22:01   #1
Loki_Norse

ICS FA mod to TM style V2 gb?

Wondering if anyone has ever attempted or achieved modding a standard TM style M4 upper with an ICS forward assist spring release system?

Im brainstorming the idea and would love to pick your brain if you have any first hand experience with any aspect of this. From as small as knob compaitibility to as complex as mounting the release components in the TM upper or even cutting the window necessary for the ICS ARL.

Even if you havent been hands on with this specifically, im open to hearing any helpful ideas.

TIA
Loki
Loki_Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2020, 16:17   #2
venture

Never tried it. I did get a kwa gearbox into a g&p but I would expect it's to be more challenging.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2020, 05:10   #3
Zfurlong

didnt have the ics spring release, but i have had the release system on another brand (cant remember which one offhand, might have been a g&g one, but again, idk offhand, was years ago), for the most part, the release system should be contained within the gearbox itself. meaning you should only need to have to look at knob compatibility as well as ensuring you have the appropriate knob that is long enough as well as the return spring for the knob. that being said, you may need to mod the upper in order for the knob to fit the receiver properly as well as engage the release system on the gearbox properly. but remember, the more moving parts, the higher the chance of something breaking.

feel free to pm me if you have any further questions
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications