Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

L96 Upgrades?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old May 2nd, 2017, 22:15   #1
filadz
Banned

L96 Upgrades?

Hey guys, long time lurker, never relaly asked questions. Anyways just bought a new sniper as it was on sale this is it https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/spr...n-pro-pkg.html

on sale seemed like good deal so purchased it. is there any immediate upgrades you fellow airsofters would recommend?

Thanks in advance
filadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 22:49   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I bought a TM L96 and upgraded it to the nuts. Total waste of time. The L96 hop system is the shits. The only L96 that's any good is the Maruzen APS2 system, but the mag isn't in the right spot. That's just reality unfortunately.

Avoid any platform that has the loading fins also.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 23:02   #3
filadz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I bought a TM L96 and upgraded it to the nuts. Total waste of time. The L96 hop system is the shits. The only L96 that's any good is the Maruzen APS2 system, but the mag isn't in the right spot. That's just reality unfortunately.

Avoid any platform that has the loading fins also.

Which one gun would you suggest for a sniper? I like the m40's aswell
filadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2017, 00:32   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

marui or JG VSR-10 with an aftermarket M40 body
Or the VFC M40A3
Or the Modify MOD24
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 13:16   #5
Zeroroaster

I got one of those C-Tac L96's a while ago. It shoots fine after a few kicks at the can. You can do a few things to get it to go. It's a Well L96 Warrior if you want to go worldwide with parts lookup and such. My first version of it was with a CNC brass hopup and a 6.03mm AEG barrel. Worked pretty well, actually. Not huge dollars either. One of the best upgrades to think about is barrel spacers. Keeps things in a nice straight line and takes the bounce out.

In my latest revision I modified the stock hop up, made a new arm, reworked the stock brass barrel, and r hopped it...just because. Works awesome firing .36's at 460 fps. Not sure if you're aware of the airsoft sniper forum, but there's a whole wealth of knowledge on that thing regarding the L96 and just about everything that can be done to one.

The basic platform is fine. I got one just because, and I've rebuilt it four times so far...not because it didn't work, but I'm just fooling with it because it's fun.

Best low buck mod? Try a Maple Leaf bucking first, maybe 10-12 bucks....and some good barrel spacers (you can always make some too). Under 50 bucks and you should see an improvement. The hop adjust as you know can be finicky and ill tempered, so let a little loctite dry on the adjusting screw on the bench before installing it and it'll help hold it once you screw it in again but still be adjustable.

The rifle was way over 500fps when I got it, but the air seal was crappy and there was a lot of inefficiencies to deal with. It's much more civilized now...
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 17:00   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

firing .36s at 460fps, or firing .36s at the equivalent of .20s at 460fps?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 17:18   #7
Zeroroaster

460fps on .2's.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2020, 02:53   #8
Blin

Hey Zeroaster, I wanted to ask what upgrades you put on your Ctac-l96. I have it as well right now and I like it. I was looking into tm vsr10 upgrades but not going to do that right now, my Ctac L96 shoots great, I was thinking of upgrading but my field has a 450 fps limit with .2's. If you could message me or reply on this thread would be great! Thanks.

Last edited by Blin; December 25th, 2020 at 03:23..
Blin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2020, 09:49   #9
venture

That member hasn't been on this site since July.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications