Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"High-capactiy" 1911 magazines (Wilson Combat style)

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 5th, 2010, 22:11   #16
Conker

I'm definitely interested for two, maybe more depending on the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
I think the gas capacity of the TM 1911 was so small to startwith, any gain(and percentge-gain would not be insignificant since you are starting with so little) would be useful for the gas efficiency.....I doubt though the mag "needs" to carry more BB, since standard MEU mag carries 28 round(and on propane its tough to shoot all of it even with stock gun), if the extra gas lets you shoot at least that much reliably than its a gain on my book...
I definitely agree. I want those for the look and gas capacity, 28 BBs is already waaaay enough.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:19   #17

Well, if you guys think the current capacity is enough, then I can include the mag stop tab for "realism", and make the front below it solid, so I can further increase the gas capacity beneath the follower.

That will also allow me to use ALL regular TM mag components, aside from the casing and base-plate.

Ideas and opinions like this are why I ask you folks, instead of just making them outright.

Keep them coming!

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:35   #18
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
If I got one of those mags, I'd have to transplant my hicapa Xtreme internals into a 1911, extended mags are no fun with semi auto!

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 22:51   #19
KND
* AV revoked *

Too bad, it only apply to TM. I got like 5 those Wilson Combat for my SigArms GSR either way, I would say Yay. It just looks cool.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 23:03   #20
RacingManiac

Dont WA makes Hi-cap looking mag? or is it lost in one of the many WA systems...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 23:14   #21
KND
* AV revoked *

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Dont WA makes Hi-cap looking mag? or is it lost in one of the many WA systems...
True but They are almost out of stock anywhere and it's hard to find though, it would be convenient if I could convert all my 5 mags to long than buying 5 more.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 00:50   #22
pounce_the_jaguar

I would definatly buy two.
pounce_the_jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 00:59   #23
XON50

definitely be interested. any idea on a price range?
XON50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:01   #24

No firm grasp on price as of yet.

I've been given estimates and have calculated that the "upgrade" kit may cost between $20-30. Where the full magazines may cost double that, unless I can get a better price on the components necessary. I'm working to bring/keep that price down the best I can.

Those are just estimates. The real prices (for the upgrade kit) will be finalized as soon as I can.

Old January 6th, 2010, 09:09   #25
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
No firm grasp on price as of yet.

I've been given estimates and have calculated that the "upgrade" kit may cost between $20-30. Where the full magazines may cost double that, unless I can get a better price on the components necessary. I'm working to bring/keep that price down the best I can.

Those are just estimates. The real prices (for the upgrade kit) will be finalized as soon as I can.
Are you kidding? That's amazing. WELL below what I thought you would estimate.

I honestly thought you would say $80+ for the upgrade kit and $120 per mag.

Maybe I'm just used to seeing Illusions prices

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:18   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Are you kidding? That's amazing. WELL below what I thought you would estimate.

I honestly thought you would say $80+ for the upgrade kit and $120 per mag.

Maybe I'm just used to seeing Illusions prices
I'm happy you're as excited as I am.

Like I said, these are initial estimates. I'm working to keep them low - but that's roughly what I'm targeting to sell them for. Don't get too excited, I'm far from having a completed product to know the exact pricing.

But the way I see it, if I can't sell them for less than $40-50, it's too expensive. I will know 100% for sure in the near future.

Old January 6th, 2010, 16:27   #27
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I'd be interested in these.

- Base pads are already available on the aftermarket. They even have the "Wilson Combat" markings:

It would be cheaper (as far as production goes), if you just made it as a conversion kit, with a longer shell, longer follower spring and longer bolt to convert a standard mag to this extended version.

It still forces the buyer to purchase an original mag, but producing a limited run this way would be MUCH cheaper. I wouldn't mind buying it as a conversion kit.

You made a statement indicating the transfer of the original follower spring as well, but I don't agree with this... the extended length and capacity would make the spring weaker as it reaches the last rounds. Only extended testing can prove this, this is just theory. For competitive shooting, like what I do, I need the reliability of the feeding of the round. If rounds don't strip off properly because it loads slowly, then the mag is no use to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
Also - 1911 mags are not very difficult to assemble/disassemble. The only issue I can foresee, would be the inclusion of a valve-key; For both the fill-valve and the output-valve. Which is easy enough to machine.
The valve key issue may be problematic, seeing as how cheap valve keys are getting harder and harder to find these days.

An offer can also be provided such that you have a smith somewhere who can do a bulk conversion on a number of the mags and then have it re-distributed.

Mag conversions are already something that I've done for several customers, so I know the interest to have someone do this for them is out there.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 6th, 2010 at 16:32..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 19:36   #28

Yeah, I saw those base plates, but they're not for the extended mags.

Note the picture below (far right):

As for the spring, I can't say that the standard 1911 mag spring would be suitable for competition use, it seemed to work fine - i.e. no jams or missed-feeds

But then again, I'm no competition shooter. Standard rapid fire is about as good as I could do. I wholeheartedly agree that would need more testing. I've given my prototype back to the fabricators with a few requested changes, based on the feedback in this thread. I'm going to keep using all standard (MEU) magazine components, so when I start releasing pictures, it's not going to immediately look 100% as I intend (I'm using an MEU lower to start...).

I'm going to focus the magazine on gas capacity, and not BB capacity, which will free up a lot of the lower 1/5 of the magazine for more gas - but I'm experimenting at this point, so who knows how the prototype will go.

I'd be interested in a competition shooter trying this new prototype out once I can do some initial testing. This one will use the same length (or close to) BB chamber so the spring should no longer be an issue. The goal with this is to try and get gas pressure as consistent as possible (or reduce the FPS drop) near the end of the standard 1911 mag BB capacity.

Now to the valve-key. The only thing I can think of is to make a custom key myself with the fill-valve key on one end, and the output-valve key on the other. I need to get an estimate as to the price of this work before I can give an accurate retail estimate.

Old January 6th, 2010, 20:26   #29
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

As for BB capacity, I have no concern with that either, as I run 10 rounds or less through my 1911 mags anyways. So ammo capacity is not a concern.

Gas capacity, on the other hand, would be a HUGE plus and a major selling point for me getting these mags.

Would love to test these out for you. I just built a 1911 specifically for competitive use and it'd be great to get extended mags to use with it.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 20:48   #30
RacingManiac

ohh...I demend pictures...lol

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion