Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Robertson Arms (http://www.robertsonarms.com/page/page/4969975.htm) Review

:

Reviews

Old October 13th, 2007, 16:45   #1
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Robertson Arms (http://www.robertsonarms.com/page/page/4969975.htm) Review

Recently I just purchased, what was listed as a JG M4A1 from this RobertsonArms.com for $260

Upon receiving my purchase I discovered that it was NOT a JG M4 but rather a CLEAR AIM M4A1 of which you can purchase from U.S. Retailers such as BlazingToys.com or Evike.com for only $99 USD before customs + shipping and all that shidazzle.

Even more interesting was that the AEG was PAINTED black. I was not told this. It also was listed as having a metal barrel, etc, but is mostly plastic. Upon discovering this I demanded a refund. This is still in progress.

Here's links to the AEGs in stock, turns out they are ALL CLEAR AEGs from Team SD, US Distributor for Airsoft

The M4 they have for sale is the AIM CLEAR M4 - available @ BlazingToys/Evike for $99USD
The MP5 they have for sale is (I assume, from what aZn_triXta07 tells me) a CLEAR WELL MP5A5

To their defense, they were very professional in their communications, and I don't see any problems with getting my refund from these guys, but it was just bad. They gave me the reason for the problems as that they are just starting out business and incorrectly listed the gun as a JG.

Also, they listed it as coming with a 9.2v battery (which don't exist), so I just assumed it was coming with a 9.6v battery. It came with an 8.4v.

However, because of this all, they get a big whopping neutral from me.

One of the two running this "company" is Dicey on the boards.

Update: He recently contacted me in a PM, saying he would let me keep the gun AND refund my money, which I thought was very nice, and professional of him, given the situation. My rating of them has now changed to pretty much a positive, even though I didn't get a JG.

Update 2: Got the refund.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; October 15th, 2007 at 00:06..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 18:32   #2
ancorp
AK Guru

HaHA! I told them their spelling sucked, but noo...
Old October 14th, 2007, 19:18   #3
aZn_triXta07

Either way I don't see it right that they are trying to sell spray painted guns.

Styrak has informed me that the plastic receiver has already broke.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 19:34   #4
Dicey

I represent www.robertsonarms.ca for ASC. The guns that were re-painted clear airsoft are used guns. We currently sell some re-painted clear airsoft guns (that are used) and some other originally black Airsoft guns. However we will be stocking Clear Airsoft guns in the future (and listing them as such.), but our main priority as a company is to have the cheapest high quallity Airsoft magazines in Canada. I have already explained the issues to styrak about his order of the M4A1, and they shouldn't necessarily concern other ASC members. As for the issue to our large spelling errors, our former website (www.robertsonarms.com) was not maintained while our real website www.robertsonarms.ca was in development, we had not paid enough attention to the product pages/titles. Presently there are not any spelling errors on www.robertsonarms.ca, and no lack of details (No guns will be mislabeled) We are not responsible for damages to Styrak's AEG, as he is receiving a full re-fund for his AEG and any damages to his AEG were a result of his responsibility to look after his gun... not ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
What tom foolery is this? Someone fetch me my pantaloons so that I can get to the bottom of these shananigans!
Virtutis Gloria Merces

Last edited by Dicey; October 14th, 2007 at 19:40..
Dicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 19:38   #5
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
http://robertsonarms.ca/index.php?ma...&products_id=5

the spelling errors that azntrixta mentioned are still there just so you know
Old October 14th, 2007, 21:05   #6
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZn_triXta07 View Post
Either way I don't see it right that they are trying to sell spray painted guns.

Styrak has informed me that the plastic receiver has already broke.
I broke it on purpose, as I'm rebuilding a gun.

Old October 14th, 2007, 23:12   #7
jaymz1911

Send a message via MSN to jaymz1911
This is the posts he has on Airsoft Kelowna's forums.

M4A1 TM-Clone AEG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allright, i have a Clone M4A1 for sale. barely any use at all on the gun at all.

Requires the user to put in a new fuse (Fuses are included x6 fuses)

Full size 1:1 Scale
Fully, Semi Automatic
Shoots at 330~350 FPS.
3 Point Adjustable stock
Fully metal barrel

Comes with; 9.6v Battery, Charger, Cleaning Rod, 300 Round (Metal) Magazine, 6 Fuses.

$220.00, shipped!!.

Other information can be found on my website, aswell as pictures.

http://www.robertsonarms.com/catalog...32/5034805.htm

check it out, you might just see somthing else you like

i can take payment via Pay-pal (+4%), or EMT, either through my websites checkout, or through manual processment.

Anyway if you require more information, send me a PM!

PLUS!

Yes i do, my mistake it is a 9.6v battery. Will edit my original post. I should also add that the gun needs a new fuse, which i will provide (6 as a matter of fact) ill also note that i will NOT take Returns, Exchanges, or Re-funds for this gun. just to make things unessiarly clear

So man your lucky to get a refund!
Old October 15th, 2007, 00:04   #8
Styrak

Well nowhere did it say no refunds on mine. So all is good. And I got the refund tonight.

Old October 16th, 2007, 00:46   #9
aZn_triXta07

This is an email Styrak received from Greg Archibald the prime owner of Robertson Arms, he's only about 18 or so which is funny. This email displays lack of communication with him and his partner and a load of bullsh!t.

Quote:
Yes well, Jeff ,so I have heard that we have refunded your money and you are still wishing to keep your AEG that you have stolen from robertson arms. And while i do not think this is very fair, there is not much that we can do now.

Jeff, I would have hoped that you could send us my item back as we fully refunded your money. It was not our intention to screw you over, and actually the gun that was sold to you was my gun, not Geoff's. I did not list the add for sale, it was done through Geoff. I payed for the gun, went to the trouble of getting it through customs, went to pick it up at ups, bought spray paint, painted the gun over a 72 hour period properly. Went to great deal of trouble overall to get this damn thing.

I would have not have created the false add, the AIM plastic M4-A1 as it was, poorly and incorrectly listed. I was not told what exactly it was being listed as, that again was my business partner with the poor spelling.

If your still reading at this point, I would hope that you may have some sympathy for my situation, and yes I agree with you that you were given the wrong product, but I was not trying to screw you over or commit "mail fraud" as you put it. The bottom line is that jeff, it's my gun that your keeping, I had my gun sold for me not knowing the conditions as i received only $200 for the gun. Ironically I bought that gun with my birthday money, Geoff doesn't need this gun back but I do badly!

It's a really bitch move not sending it back after we refunded your money quickly, as we could have screwed you over and kept your money, but we didn't and didn't even charge a restocking fee like other companies do.

Well Jeff Heiser, do what you think is right, if Geoff screwed you over so badly then keep my gun, thats just what you get for having bad business partners but I did have good intentions.

I really don't wish to bother you anymore, but losing 200 dollars is a lot of money. I'm suggesting that you send me my gun back as it was not directly my fault and make this matter straight.
Old October 16th, 2007, 00:51   #10
skalnok

well that sucks for him
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:01   #11
Lakonian
kos

I think they could really do without the shite communication.... and cheesy quotes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Robertson - (C.E.O of Robertson Arms)
"The best spring pistol I have ever handled in my life!"
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:01   #12
aZn_triXta07

I sent an email out to Robertson Arms, time to shut them down.

Quote:
Dear Robertson Arms,

This is aZn_triXta07 from Airsoft Canada. I've spoken to Geoff already about this and I gave him a heads up about this. However I just got notice from Jeff Heiser about your email Greg and I just had to laugh and let you know that you are in NO position to be making demands.

1) You are selling replicas without a business firearms license, you need this if you're going to be retailing.
3) You ran a scam purchasing the guns from BlazingToys.com and tried passing them off as a Jing Gong.
4) Cut the crap, you've destroyed any chance of your 'Airsoft' generating any more future sales.

Anymore crap from your business, threats, ANYTHING. I will have you reported, the situation for airsoft is bad enough in Canada, we don't need kids like you ruining it for those who actually play. Greg you are 18, you can go to jail trust me, a criminal record will screw you over in terms of job employment later on in life.

So again, enough is enough. You're little so called airsoft business is OVER.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:29   #13
Styrak

At least I get a mechbox and a magazine for the $16 shipping I paid for. :P

Old October 16th, 2007, 10:55   #14
Skladfin

ahahaha this is funny
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:03   #15
Mapcinq

Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
Pretty happy to see you got to keep the gun and the money, thats what they get for trying to scam.
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews