Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Madbull releases JP Enterprises/Viking Tactical licensed handguard kits

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 4th, 2008, 07:26   #16
m102404
Tys

I posted a pic of my CQB version...I'm not much of a photographer compared to others...

Eel One: Where did you put the battery in your build?
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:04   #17
Beazer

The reciever is slated to be released this year.
Beazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 18:38   #18
eel one

Send a message via MSN to eel one Send a message via Skype™ to eel one
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Eel One: Where did you put the battery in your build?
I have a 9.6v battery based on ELITE1500 2/3A cells in the stock. I can even fit another cell in there but I think it would be overkill. Fitting a fuse in there would be a PITA, but I usually run all my guns hot wired any way. If one can settle for "only" 8.4v there is plenty of space for a fuse box. Alternatively use a car type blade fuse that takes up a lot less space.

In the current setup I have a beta test unit of Gandolfs (from airsoftmechanics.com) Computerrized AEG Controllers (SW-computer) in there as well that also acts as a fuse and will cut of the power in 4 or 5 different ways if things starts to get hot.

Some might say that only 1500mAh is insufficient. I rarely have to change battery and if I have to make single change on a day of skirmish, it is OK with me.

Here you can see the stock and battery:

Here is a few pics showing some details of the kit:

eel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:58   #19
m102404
Tys

Thanks Eel One,

I'm going to forward off the links to your battery pics to Jugglez (runs airsoftparts.ca). We were chatting the other day and he was stuck on how to run power for his rig. Using the same stock as you.

I'm running Gandalf's SW-AB-LONG in my KA MOD stock on my CQB...works well. I've been catching up on and off on his PC based MOSFET...sounds neat.

Tys
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:47   #20
pawscal
Im #3 on the list for the sw-computer cant wait! yay burst!
Old January 5th, 2008, 20:58   #21
eel one

As far as my test unit is representative, the SW-computer works very well. I'll field test it on the 13th of January, but it seems promising.

Old January 15th, 2008, 18:39   #22
Taito

Send a message via AIM to Taito
m102404-

I've gotten my 12" kit and am having some issues attaching it to the G&P upper receiver that I have. It seems like the threading on the receiver and barrel nut differ slightly, but just enough to prevent it from screwing on any more than 1/2 a turn. ANybody have any suggestions?

Vic.
Taito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 18:45   #23
m102404
Tys

I didn't have any problems with mine...just be careful not to cross thread it. Last night I swapped the 12" kit onto a different body (I was bored) and it went on really nice and snug.

Best of luck...hope you get it going!
Old January 15th, 2008, 18:46   #24
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
You shouldn't be having problems using a G&P body. It must've been threaded incorrectly from the factory.

Mad Bull has a threading tool.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...roducts_id=103
Old January 15th, 2008, 23:53   #25
Taito

Thanks for the feedback, I have a set of thread feelers that I'm going to use to see if I can determine the TPI of either part to figure out which isn't correct. G&P is normally very good about quality control along with Madbull so I am at a loss why they did not thread properly. The the barrel nut and the delta ring mesh perfectly so I believe that it probably the upper receiver.
Old January 16th, 2008, 00:15   #26
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
now, the JP kit comes with 4 barrel lengths, does this mean each barrel must be used with the correct cylinder (as in correct barrel length to cylinder port)?
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:28   #27
Taito

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
now, the JP kit comes with 4 barrel lengths, does this mean each barrel must be used with the correct cylinder (as in correct barrel length to cylinder port)?
Yes, the kit comes with 4 different extensions that allow you to use 4 different inner barrel lengths. So you're going to have to match your cylinder with the barrel you plan on using. It's an interesting option in my opinion, and since I am running a Type 0 bore up, I can swap between using a 590mm in the 24" or running a 650mm in the 24" with a can at the end.

Vic.

PS I'm looking at a DYTAC VLTOR MUR to replace my upper receiver as it is designed for the G&P lower receiver and has the same tpi as a TM, as the JP rifles kit should work as it seems the upper was off, TPI-wise.

*edit*

I took my thread gauge to both the JP Rifles' kit and the G&P Upper receiver and they both have the same TPI. I think that the receiver was cut before finished and the finishing process altered the threads just enough. I did managed to get the two pieces to screw properly, but I was working it 1/4 of a revolution at a time and backing out.

Last edited by Taito; January 16th, 2008 at 10:31..
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:34   #28
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
Do you plan on switching the outer barrel lengths often?

If you are I suggest getting separate hop-up units/rubbers/inner barrels for each length you want to run. would save you a lot of time on each changeover.

The 12" JP handguard kit comes with 24", 20", 18" and 16" outer barrel lengths.

24" Barrel takes 650mm inner barrel. You will need an M16 bore-up cylinder kit.
20" Barrel takes 550mm inner barrel. Needs non-ported Type-0 cylinder
18" Barrel takes 509mm inner barrel. Needs non-ported Type-0 cylinder.
16" Barrel takes 455mm inner barrel. Needs non-ported Type-0 cylinder.

So if you're not going to utilize the 24" barrel you don't need to worry about the cylinder porting.

If you need a breakdown on the 7" JP handguard kit let me know.
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:01   #29
eel one

If my memory serve me correct, I have heard that G&P have changed the threads on their receiver so that they are only compatible with their own delta rings. However it is unconfirmed.

I did also experience some issues with the threading on the kit and my new HurricanE receiver. The kit did go straight on an old guarder receiver, so I used the delta ring from the guarder receiver and forced it on the new HurricanE receiver. It did the trick, but had the madbull thread tool been released at the time it would have done the job so much easier. So I'll say go get the correct tool for the job. It will be the easiest solution and properly also the solution that will give the best result.

Old January 16th, 2008, 04:41   #30
Taito

Quote:
Originally Posted by eel one View Post
If my memory serve me correct, I have heard that G&P have changed the threads on their receiver so that they are only compatible with their own delta rings. However it is unconfirmed.
This may also explain the amount of play incountered when I installed a G&P SR25 URX on a Guarder New Generation Diemaco C8 Receiver set. A little Loctite fixed the problem, but this isn't a direction I would like G&P to go.

Vic.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion