Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Would you buy a GBB that...

:

General

Old September 17th, 2007, 18:42   #1
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
Would you buy a GBB that...[56k warning]

smelled strongly of WD40, had a horrible trigger pull, which after a detail strip can be attributed to a redonk amount of gunk and dirt in it?

its like he had a peony garden in there or something

I wouldnt have minded the gunk in there, if told of it beforehand. Its fixable, although its quite a royal PITA to work it out of the smaller parts of the trigger mech, since the lubing gunk has made it glom onto everything.
its the strong smell of WD40 that worries me...that stuff can eat some rubbers

good part is; the whole thing was done via paypal, so it is easy to get my money back.

Last edited by Shinjin_MC; September 17th, 2007 at 18:57..
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:44   #2
Jayhad

I guess it depends on the cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:45   #3
krazie Sj

Send a message via AIM to krazie Sj Send a message via MSN to krazie Sj Send a message via Yahoo to krazie Sj
How is WD 40 on latex? Cause that's what I've been using to lube the lady for the past 3 years.

Some people call them Terrorists. These boys have simply been...misguided.
krazie Sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:54   #4
Dicey

Can you say 56K Warnning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
What tom foolery is this? Someone fetch me my pantaloons so that I can get to the bottom of these shananigans!
Virtutis Gloria Merces
Dicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:57   #5
Shinjin_MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I guess it depends on the cost?
wouldnt have minded as well, if notified of all the bits of joy that are in there beforehand

latex should be alright, since it is inert and unreactive with anything, supposedly
but I think it is time you brought your lady in to get the olfactories checked
Old September 17th, 2007, 19:31   #6
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
at the risk of being scoffed at and flamed worse than an overcooked $3.00 dollar steak from tennesse,,here's my cleaning suggestion.

sink of hot soapy water and a soft baby bottle brush.

after trying to keep my trusty socom clean playing in lower mainland weather, q-tips and cleaning rod wasnt cutting it for those hard to reach places. out of frustration i chose the above cleaning method. what a remarkable difference,fires like she's new! just be sure to rinse thouroghly and get it completly dried out. then silicon oil as neccessary.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 19:46   #7
Shinjin_MC

ooh
thanks six
Ill have to give that a shot
I would really rather get this cleaned out, seeing as I had already ordered parts for it
=/
Old September 17th, 2007, 19:50   #8
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjin_MC View Post
ooh
thanks six
Ill have to give that a shot
I would really rather get this cleaned out, seeing as I had already ordered parts for it
=/
you know me and my socom,,i wouldnt suggest it to you if i hadnt tried it myself first.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 19:56   #9
Kimbo
formerly pivot

Lol six, that's what I've done with both my glocks when they get full of dirt and gunk. I've been in the closet about doing it as I thought it was crazy, but like you I've had great results. I give it a good cleaning with hot water then blow out all excess water and crap with compressed air which dries it perfectly. Apply new lube, good as new. Had the same G17 for 2 years thousands of rounds through it and it still works like new.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 20:28   #10
Greylocks

There is nothing quite like hot soapy water IF you dry it completely afterwards and apply the right lubricant (in our case silicone oil).

This was one of the amazing things I had learned about Real metal blackpowder guns, and even real modern guns for that matter. It sounds like a totally dumb thing to do ("wont it rust?" comes to mind) but it does work.

If ever you buy a real rifle from WW1, WW2, or whatever has sat for a decade or two in packing grease... try it. It's even better if you can submerge everything except the wood parts (if any) in a deep enough sink-full of water and plain old dish soap. Then when it's all clean; dry and oil. The hot (not scalding) water will evaporate faster.

This is not something to do to most airsoft guns, but when it's as bad as you've just shown... there's a point where you got nothing much to lose.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 21:14   #11
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

My degreasing trick is a bottle of spray-on citrus degreaser (can find it in most automotive sections) and an old toothbrush to work in to the cracks and crevices.

Spray on the degreaser, let it soak in, and then work the brush through the parts. Reapply degreaser as necessary. When finished, rinse with clean lukewarm water, shake dry, wipe, and then using compressed air or maybe a hair dryer, blow the parts dry. That last part is most important on steel parts or you could risk rusting.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General