1-4 times optic?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old December 4th, 2016, 17:19   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
1-4 times optic?

Hey all,

Just looking for recommendations for a good 1-4 times optic, with good eye relief. Primarily to be used in outdoor games...~150 - 300 foot distances, with occasional cqb inside buildings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 17:27   #2
Infantryman

Send a message via AIM to Infantryman
They got some decent variable zoom scopes in amazon.
Most of them won't break the bank either.
Old December 4th, 2016, 17:39   #3
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

http://www.snitactical.com/elcan-spe...lack-p-32.html
NAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2016, 17:54   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

NC-Star and/or UTG/Leapers has high-end airsoft grade stuff with lots of options and variants. Companies like Barska and Bushnell for low-end real-steel are affordable as well. There are some solid airsoft grade reproductions out there as well, so a good sight isn't hard to find. Also there's nothing wrong with dropping some cash on higher end if you have the budget for it.

Good eye relief makes airsoft one-hundred times easier, so it's good that you're looking into. Myself along with many others found that more than two to three times zoom on an airsoft gun can be a too much depending on the gun and environment.
Old December 4th, 2016, 18:11   #5
daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
NC-Star and/or UTG/Leapers has high-end airsoft grade stuff with lots of options and variants. Companies like Barska and Bushnell for low-end real-steel are affordable as well. There are some solid airsoft grade reproductions out there as well, so a good sight isn't hard to find. Also there's nothing wrong with dropping some cash on higher end if you have the budget for it.

Good eye relief makes airsoft one-hundred times easier, so it's good that you're looking into. Myself along with many others found that more than two to three times zoom on an airsoft gun can be a too much depending on the gun and environment.
Yah, I use a UTG 3-9 times on my VSR, great little optic.

But I am looking for a 1.1-4 times for an ACR build now, not sure if a rifle/hunting scope look would really fit the bill... Might have to take a gander at a local gun shop or bass pro...I really dont want to spend more then $300 for something sub *4 with good and CLEAR eye relief.
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old December 4th, 2016, 20:03   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have a utg accushot, very good scope for the money. I had considered the barska as well when I bought the accushot. Set aside 200-300$ if you want useable glass. Anything made for airsoft and sold AS airsoft optics is a gamble at best. Don't waste your time or money.

I tried to use a visionking 1-4 shortdot. I could never get a sight picture in time to shoot anyone at max zoom. The utg is near instant, I hit the eye relief every time.
Old January 28th, 2017, 00:39   #7
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
I would recommend an aimpoint with a 3x magnifier on a flip to side mount. Quality variable zoom in the 1-4x range is really hard to find for a good price. Airsoft aimpoint clones are very good (way better than EoTech clones) and although most 3x magnifiers don't have awesome eye relief it's very usable.
Old January 28th, 2017, 15:58   #8
Wilkie

Ran a UTG for a while, it was solid for about $100.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 06:28   #9
Chairs

I own a Bushnell AR 1-4 for one of my m4 for while. Got it on sale for around 300 but blows any airsoft replica out of the water for eye relief and glass quality.
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 13:30   #10
Dumblins

Instead of starting a new thread, I might as well use this one to get my answers !

I played my first game last saturday (I was terrible by the way lol) and I didn't have any optic to fit the CQB game I was at. The thing is I have a hard time aiming with my iron sights (the hole in the one close to me is just ridiculously small and I have a hard time resting my cheek on my gun to get a good sight) so I thought maybe a red dot would help me since it would be higher and easier for me to aim in general. Also, I consider myself more of an outside player than a inside CQB player so a reflex sight or a zoom scope wouldn't necessarily be suited for my needs.

Now, I own a G&G GC16 MPW 12 which is full metal so it's kinda heavy already. I don't necessarily want to add too much weight to the gun but if I need to, I will.

I looked for the brands you guys mentionned (mostly UTG, Barska and Bushnell) and I'm quite surprise about how much they cost. I'm no expert so I'm wondering if paying the price is worth the gain for a beginner like me ? I also will need to get contacts for my eyes (instead of glasses). Will it give me headaches or anything like that ?

What are your suggestions ?

P.S. : I don't really like holographic sights, I mostly into red dots here or anything else.
Dumblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 16:17   #11
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

You can get replica red dots for like $30-$40. Theyre junk, but they work.
Mount might be sloppy, dot will have lots of glare, but its fine for airsoft.
Even the $90 replicas arent great.
At around $200 it gets better. But you might not care about the difference in quality between cheap replica and real.
Its a bit easier with zoomed optics since they make okay RS scopes for just > $200
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 16:34   #12
Danke

These are pretty good red dots bang for the buck wise.

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...oducts_id=3836

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2603

Same idea but higher quality.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2784

They're light too.
Old March 13th, 2017, 16:34   #13
daishi

Ah, this thread.

I ended up going with one of these: https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...-illumination/

It was recommended by quite a few players I spoke with, and now that I have it mounted on my ACR, it is my scope of choice. Perfect clarity, amazing eye relief and the 1-4 times works flawlessly.

You do need to supply your own 20mm scope rings, but you can get those for like 20-30 bucks.

For instance, when I brought my gun to Hero to see what magpul accessories work with the KWA PTS Masada (for reference, MOE, not M-lok!) the guy there remarked on how perfect the scope was to look through.

Just one of those hidden gems.
Quote:

Last edited by daishi; March 13th, 2017 at 16:37..
Old March 13th, 2017, 22:06   #14
Dumblins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
These are pretty good red dots bang for the buck wise.

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...oducts_id=3836

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2603

Same idea but higher quality.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2784

They're light too.
Thanks for that, I'll take a good look at these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Ah, this thread.

I ended up going with one of these: https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...-illumination/

It was recommended by quite a few players I spoke with, and now that I have it mounted on my ACR, it is my scope of choice. Perfect clarity, amazing eye relief and the 1-4 times works flawlessly.

You do need to supply your own 20mm scope rings, but you can get those for like 20-30 bucks.

For instance, when I brought my gun to Hero to see what magpul accessories work with the KWA PTS Masada (for reference, MOE, not M-lok!) the guy there remarked on how perfect the scope was to look through.

Just one of those hidden gems.
Yeah well I'm not sure I want that big thing right now. I want something a little bit more subtle that'll do a good work without covering too much of the rail and to be able to aim quickly with it. Thanks anyway, I'll keep it in mind nonetheless.

I actually do want something good and sturdy that can take hits, BBs, you name it... I'm not the kind to "invest twice". If I go for something I want, I'd rather get the best quality/price product I can afford. I mean, I'm not already equipped. I got my AEG, my boots, goggles, mesh mask, gloves and some extra magazines and that's about it really. Should I get myself some more gear before investing more on my gun or is it worth it to go and get an optic for better playability ?
Dumblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 08:55   #15
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have 2 different types of optics on all my guns... a reflex sight and the utg 1.25-4.5x shortdot. The reflex sights are perfect and should be around 50$.

I think all airsoft optics work in the same way, the projector for the dots or reticles are not very precise and the shapes are fuzzy and out of focus and unnecessarily large. For that reason I like reticles because I use it as a point of reference depending on the range I'm at. When you play a lot you start to know just how much of a spread you'll shoot at what range and if you use the reticle as a reference you'll know at X range your spread will be halfway between the dot and the outside circle.. or at Y range most of your shots will land inside the circle. You get to know ranging because the target will be a certain size in relation to the size of the reticle.

Most airsoft optics will not be able to take a hit to the glass. Even real steel optics can't, so even if you buy a fancy real one, you still need to buy a shield for it if you care about it. If you're not using gas blowback guns, you don't need to spend more for a real one. The reason you need a higher quality on for gas is the blowback can reset the zero or walk the settings off where you put them. Some really low end airsoft optics do this too on aegs, but I've not yet encountered an airsoft reflex to lose zero on aegs. In fact, my friend put his 30$ one on his real steel remington 870 and it held even after a box of shells.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion