Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

input on ares octarms

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 19th, 2016, 13:37   #1
Cloven

input on ares octarms

Hey all, I'm looking to get my first airsoft long rifle for next summer, as I've started with a P90 and need something longer for the woods. I was originally thinking G&G but blah blah blah opinions on that are it's OK but maybe anticipate problems, and Krytac/VFC are out of my budget. I know you get what you pay for for the most part, so I could stretch my budget to accommodate a honey badger, but I see ares has come out with the octarms line for about the same price. Does anybody on here have personal experience with the KM9 model? I'd personally prefer the longer km10 or km12 model, but I can only find the KM9 here in Canada through Toronto Airsoft. As far as I can tell the (non price) difference between the pro 016 and the KM9 model is the previous has a nylon poly upper, while the km9 is all metal plus slight cosmetic differences in the flash hider. I am aware they both have a non standard gearbox, the magnet in the gear plus the control board, potentially limiting upgrades. Is that EFCS system reliable, unlikely to break in the long term? Taking other M4 midcap mags feeds with no problems? Good hop up? Overall rugged, not likely to break if it tips and lands on its side? I'd like to hear from the horses mouth about that line before I spend my hard earned money. Thanks.
Cloven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 16:22   #2
jordan.santos1515

EFCS system is a good bang for your buck. You get some cool features that you'd get in many custom guns 3 round burst if you buy the programmer etc.. Plus the trigger response is very good. Over all I only had one issue with mine and that was just compression leaks some new O-rings would have fixed it but I took the route of doing a full build and now the gun is incredible. EFCS also has a quick change spring which is a nice feature. I have the plastic "honey Badger" and its very durable so I am sure the octarms is great. It's also good you have a budget and are sticking to it as many of us don't usually end up doing that. Good luck with your purchase!
jordan.santos1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 18:01   #3
graff

The octarms guns are all around 375 - 400 from what I'm seeing. You can get many of the VFC VR16's for that same price range.
graff is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank