How many of you guys use a red dot?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 21st, 2015, 18:16   #16
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
<snip> As for their reliability, of course, if you use real optics, they will probably last a while. But most players use cheap china crap that breaks really fast... and have crazy parallax </snip>
Just plain wrong. A $15 aliexpress red dot is good enough for airsoft. We do not have sharp enough recoil for it to matter and our accuracy is pure garbage compared to real guns or the capabilities of even the cheapest of red dots.
And lack of parallax in expensive optics is just a myth. All optics have parallax outside of the distance they are adjusted for, but honestly, the couple of inches lost to parallax are not going to matter for airsoft.
dmitril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 18:31   #17
docholiday
docholidayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitril View Post
Just plain wrong. A $15 aliexpress red dot is good enough for airsoft. We do not have sharp enough recoil for it to matter and our accuracy is pure garbage compared to real guns or the capabilities of even the cheapest of red dots.
And lack of parallax in expensive optics is just a myth. All optics have parallax outside of the distance they are adjusted for, but honestly, the couple of inches lost to parallax are not going to matter for airsoft.
Have you ever extensively used a Aimpoint/EOTech or comparable optic for airsoft?
docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 20:06   #18
EOD Steve

Quote:
lol.

The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 20:12   #19
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:
our accuracy is pure garbage compared to real guns or the capabilities of even the cheapest of red dots.
This is so wrong. Iron sights are so much more accurate than a cheap red dot. Cheap red dots have severe distortion in the lens that cause unpredictable jumps of the dot around, creating huge amounts of parallax. They also have a blurry unfocused distorted dot. They are completely unusable, you could aim better with only a front sight and no rear sight.

Second, the accuracy of airsoft guns is far from "garbage". Have you ever used a well tuned gun? The accuracy of airsoft guns is pretty damn amazing for what they are.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 20:54   #20
dmitril

No offence but very few people can hit a man sized target at 100m range consistently. Id say none if we are talking about 400fps with .2 joules and no prior dialing in. So yes airsoft accuracy is garbage, good for what it is but still garbage, your optic is not going to be the limiting factor for your accuracy. Sub 100m, 10moa accurate optics will do for airsoft.

Oh and if anyone is considering chinese red dot, go with tube type, their reflex types suck.
Old October 21st, 2015, 21:15   #21
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I disagree. Mainly because I think you're grossly underestimating just how shitty Chinese optics can be.
Like, pretty sure the worst optics and irons would affect your accuracy on NERF DART GUNS.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 21:24   #22
BobbyDangerous

Quote:
No offence but very few people can hit a man sized target at 100m range consistently. Id say none if we are talking about 400fps with .2 joules and no prior dialing in. So yes airsoft accuracy is garbage, good for what it is but still garbage, your optic is not going to be the limiting factor for your accuracy. Sub 100m, 10moa accurate optics will do for airsoft.

Oh and if anyone is considering chinese red dot, go with tube type, their reflex types suck.

Find the Eotech can be dialed in better than the aimpoints. I tried to dial my Aimpoint in but the adjustment range isn't enough. The Eotech is perfect. The Spectre. I got that bullseye. But it's a 4x's

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 21:57   #23
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Lol, this is off a SRS replica.

crap pot metal, and lol @bulb.

BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 22:03   #24
Datawraith

I run the same SRS clone as Bio above on my MR CQBR, just that my SRS hasn't gotten to that stage, although I bought it second hand with the adjustment dials broken. I just took it apart, shimmed it up, and zeroed it lol. It's a beautiful sight though, and it runs off rechargeable AA's!

For my KC02 (marksman rifle), I run a Bushnell 1-4x scope.

But yes, a good red dot is faster and is easier to see where you are shooting and adjust accordingly, so they are a recommended accessory for CQB and even outdoors.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 22:37   #25
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
RDS = faster target acquisition... I run irons though in CQB. I will pick up a holosun or sparc ii in the near future..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 22:38   #26
brock0

I bought a host of $50-$60 clone optics and they all sucked for one reason or another: could not hold zero, huge blobby reticles, wobbly mounts, broken buttons, loose battery compartments, and on and on and on.

I like a reflex/red dot, but a good one like a real steel aimpoint or a Holosun or something.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2015, 23:27   #27
Chairs

I'm looking at putting a 1-4x20 from bushnell. I'd love to throw my vortex viper pst on but then I'd need something for my real steel tavor haha.
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2015, 01:28   #28
dmitril

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I disagree. Mainly because I think you're grossly underestimating just how shitty Chinese optics can be.
Like, pretty sure the worst optics and irons would affect your accuracy on NERF DART GUNS.
Maybe I lucked out, it can be pretty hit or miss with Chinese stuff. Personally I wouldn't buy a China scope but for something simple and cqb oriented like a rds paying $150 is waste unless you have rs for it
Old October 22nd, 2015, 02:20   #29
AnthonyG
LUser Title

When you guys say you use aimpoints and eotechs, are talking real or replica?

I'm going faint thinking you guys strap RS sights on to your guns, but hey... if you got the cash go for it.

I'll stick to my iron sights for outdoors.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2015, 09:51   #30
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:

100m is outside the range of airsoft guns (except a very few high FPS super tweaked guns). This is like saying a .22 round is inaccurate because you can't hit a target at 1.5km like you could with a .50 round.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion