Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SVD's

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 3rd, 2015, 21:37   #1
Kilomike09

SVD's

Hello, Not sure where to post this, so thought hey why not the newbie tank.
So I have been playing the roles DMR/sniper and have decided I want to get an SVD, So any recommendations on what are the best stock quality, what have the most parts availble, ETC I am willing to drop lots of money into a gun, to make it exceptional, because I know Airsoft "sniper" rifles require a lot of upgrading
Kilomike09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 21:51   #2
Shamusodoofus

The best quality SVD AEG out of the box, in my opinion is the Real Sword. But they are quite expensive so most people like to keep them as wall hangers. If you're going to upgrade every last thing, and I imagine you will if you really want to properly play a DMR/sniper role you could probably go with some of the cheaper offerings from CYMA and King Arms.
Shamusodoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 00:36   #3
Foxer2373

Be advises if you are aware great if not SVD's exept the spring cock ones are not considered sniper rifles under rule sets, still just an AEG. Now onto the guns if your spending the money buy a Real sword, you can find them on the forums for sale and a couple retails carry them. Best part is "because" people use them as wall hangers they normally come with real steel scopes and are normally mint condition. When you need quick cash the collection items go up first lol.
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 00:56   #4
Kilomike09

I should probably mention that i was looking at a bolt action, so either GBBR or spring
Old March 4th, 2015, 03:02   #5
Slodin

Bolt action SVD...?
that sounds weird...Only seen one spring one on evike sometime ago...
not sure why a semi gun you want it in bolt
Old March 4th, 2015, 07:34   #6
Franck

I'm not a svd expert but Slodin is right. Usually a SVD is a semiauto sniper so if you are looking for realism you should go with a semi replica (from what I've heard the best AEG SVD is by far the Real Sword).

If you're looking for a GBBR may I recommend you the We Ace VD for the realism (good recoil and the bolt lock back after the last BB fired in the mag).

In the spring world I know two companies: King arms and A&K (500 fps out of the box so a downgrade must be perform to play with it).

I hope that can be helpful!
Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 10:48   #7
drk242

King arms makes a Springer svd and a co2,svd
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:01   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

do your due dilligence on aeg svds... pretty sure the cyma is cloned from the RS, and as a result has a shitload of proprietary parts, including a 4 gear gearset.
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:28   #9
Foxer2373

If your looking for a bolt SVD there are very few out there and they are propriatery parts... Please listen carefully.... BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

You will fall into a money pit that you will never recover on the path of a bolt action SVD, they are cheaply made, propriatery parts and a real SVD is semi auto...

Number one rule with an airsoft bolt action Buy an amazing base or an amazing gun out of the box. Otherwise you wind up with a 800$ Well and no one will ever buy it and you will wonder why you didn't buy a better base and be into it for 1000$ and be able to resell it at a similar price if you lose interest or have an amazing gun for the life of the sport.
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:42   #10
Kilomike09

Thanks for the help guys, I have a JG bar 10 bolt sniper for my main sniper i guess, So I am just trying to create aDMR platform, for a RUSfor loadout, and not really looking into an AK, so I thought an SVD would be a good choice, but seems like they have too many proprietary parts,

Last edited by Kilomike09; March 4th, 2015 at 11:45..
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:06   #11
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
If your looking for a bolt SVD there are very few out there and they are propriatery parts... Please listen carefully.... BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

You will fall into a money pit that you will never recover on the path of a bolt action SVD, they are cheaply made, propriatery parts and a real SVD is semi auto...
What? The A&K bolt action SVD is one of the cheapest platform to upgrade out there. Wait for xmas/black friday/whatever sale and grab an SVD real cheap (I got mine for 120$). Then you need a few parts from airsoftpro.cz:

$33 hop-up unit
$28 steel sear (piston catch)
$28 new piston

Right there you have a reliable SVD. You might want to change the hop-up rubber for a good one, pick your poison there, everyone have their own opinion, but they range from 5 to 15$. You will want to stabilize the outer barrel a bit (various method available, some free, or a $22 part from airsoftpro) and you are good to go. The inner barrel it ships with is pretty decent and makes buying an upgrade barrel a bad value for your money, but you could still do it and gain a bit more precision. A downgrade spring might be required depending on which batch/rebrand you got, some of them fire over 500 fps out of the box, a Systema 160% PSG1 spring ($20) will bring it down to a nice and stable 390 fps.

That's it, every other upgrades is highly facultative. With this you get a sub-300$ platform that shoots torso-size groupings at 200 feet. More than good enough for almost anyone. And there is still room for improvement for the maniac compulsive upgraders out there.

Québec province's master age verification representative.

Last edited by Drakker; March 4th, 2015 at 12:10..
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 14:35   #12
Kilomike09

So realsword is the top tier AEG, from what i have read. But it seems to be a little more then i am willing to spend outright, So would a CYMA SVD be a good alternative since it uses the same style gearbox or would it be even worth looking at the WE tech SVD ?
Old March 4th, 2015, 15:00   #13
Datawraith

Hang on a second.

You said that you wanted to create a RusFor DMR loadout. Okay, so the Dragunov is pretty much your only choice. BUT then you went and said you wanted it in bolt-action. DMR's (and Dragunovs) are NOT bolt-action!!! Get an Dragunov SVD as an AEG or GBBR if you want to make a DMR loadout; this will not only actually allow you to fulfill your role properly, but also have the realism of semi-auto action like on the realsteel rifle.

Now, if you wanted to make a RusFor sniper loadout, then yeah, you could go for a bolt-action. But then you have to burn a lot of money on upgrades to make it worthwhile to game. You'll also have alternative rifles to choose from, such as a nice Mosin-Nagant, which is made as a GBBR I believe.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 17:22   #14
Kilomike09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Hang on a second.

You said that you wanted to create a RusFor DMR loadout. Okay, so the Dragunov is pretty much your only choice. BUT then you went and said you wanted it in bolt-action. DMR's (and Dragunovs) are NOT bolt-action!!! Get an Dragunov SVD as an AEG or GBBR if you want to make a DMR loadout; this will not only actually allow you to fulfill your role properly, but also have the realism of semi-auto action like on the realsteel rifle.

Now, if you wanted to make a RusFor sniper loadout, then yeah, you could go for a bolt-action. But then you have to burn a lot of money on upgrades to make it worthwhile to game. You'll also have alternative rifles to choose from, such as a nice Mosin-Nagant, which is made as a GBBR I believe.
Thank you, I seem to be really confused today :banghead:
Old March 4th, 2015, 17:26   #15
chtomman
formerly stefy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
What? The A&K bolt action SVD is one of the cheapest platform to upgrade out there. Wait for xmas/black friday/whatever sale and grab an SVD real cheap (I got mine for 120$). Then you need a few parts from airsoftpro.cz:

$33 hop-up unit
$28 steel sear (piston catch)
$28 new piston

Right there you have a reliable SVD. You might want to change the hop-up rubber for a good one, pick your poison there, everyone have their own opinion, but they range from 5 to 15$. You will want to stabilize the outer barrel a bit (various method available, some free, or a $22 part from airsoftpro) and you are good to go. The inner barrel it ships with is pretty decent and makes buying an upgrade barrel a bad value for your money, but you could still do it and gain a bit more precision. A downgrade spring might be required depending on which batch/rebrand you got, some of them fire over 500 fps out of the box, a Systema 160% PSG1 spring ($20) will bring it down to a nice and stable 390 fps.

That's it, every other upgrades is highly facultative. With this you get a sub-300$ platform that shoots torso-size groupings at 200 feet. More than good enough for almost anyone. And there is still room for improvement for the maniac compulsive upgraders out there.
+1 and a&k svd-s comming . Same airsoftpro part aT the A&K svd .

Sniper level 2 ( 8 august 2015 )
ww2Québec.org axis scharfschützen.
A&K svt40 (2),A&K svd , A&K svd Lynx part custom, pps kar98k .

Last edited by chtomman; March 4th, 2015 at 17:29..
chtomman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank