Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM 1911 Threaded Outer Barrel

:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 4th, 2010, 12:10   #1
Old School Punk

TM 1911 Threaded Outer Barrel

Hey Guys; I am looking to put a threaded outer barrel on my Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU pistol, but it is proving harder to source than I expected.

Does anyone know if the barrel in a TM - Hi Capa pistol is the same as the one used in the 1911's?

I always hear how redily available after market parts are for Tokyo Marui products, but so far I am finding that while they may be available, they always seem to be out of stock everywhere I look for them. Really frustrating.

Gordo
Old October 4th, 2010, 15:30   #2
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Punk View Post
Does anyone know if the barrel in a TM - Hi Capa pistol is the same as the one used in the 1911's?
Not at all. Hi-Capa uses a bull barrel, whereas the 1911's use a straight barrel/barrel bushing combination. If you do opt for a Hi-Capa barrel, you could just remove your barrel bushing all together, and that would work.

However, TM M1911 threaded outer barrels do exist. Nine Ball's SAS barrel is the one I've been looking at myself lots lately. PDI's suppressor adaptor thingy is another option (requires longer inner barrel, as it locks onto the inner barrel and sits at the tip of the outer) - might end up costing more, but could possibly be better to go this way if you're still running a stock plastic slide and barrel. AFAIK, there was a SD threaded outer barrel (doesn't include chamber, you have to purchase that separately) that was sold separately on Redwolf. You will most likely find it in stock on uh...... UNCompany, I think? Another option I've been thinking about is picking up the Socom Gear/Madbull/WE threaded barrel combination thing that's been becoming increasingly available in the States over the past few weeks - I'm just not convinced that the outer barrel is of decent quality. But heck, for the price, it might be worth a try. Free WE hop up unit would be included too! *garbage-canned* lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Punk View Post
I always hear how redily available after market parts are for Tokyo Marui products, but so far I am finding that while they may be available, they always seem to be out of stock everywhere I look for them. Really frustrating.
Sure, there are lots of parts out there, however you have to look much harder than for AEG parts - US retailers rarely carry them, nor do Canadian ones. Silly clone full (pot) metal pistols popping up everywhere. Seems that way, at least.

Hong Kong orders FTW - that seems to be the only place where people still upgrade their pistols from the ground up. Can't think of any other online stores that carry lots of pistol parts... Well, ILLusion, here on ASC, can generally source you anything you want, if you don't do out of country orders on your own. He just charges a bit more and takes a little longer - but no hassles for yourself on finding or ordering or dealing with cranky CBSA people.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 15:40   #3
RacingManiac

The SD one you are likely to find at Dentrinity Shop. SD is their house brand, so to speak...

I am hoping for someone to make an externally threaded, one piece out of steel(not crap-metal like NineBall), and maybe threaded in 16mm thread so you can use the Mk23 style suppressor made for the KSC MK23. The 14mm x 1 thread outside thread with an ".45" hole will leave you with less than 0.020" wall thickness, just wont look very realistic...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:41   #4
Old School Punk

Great info! Thanks for the replies gents!

Gordo
Old November 3rd, 2015, 22:23   #5
bananaphone88

I'm on the same boat here, looking to get a threaded outer barrel for my TM1911 series 70. From what I hear, when using a silencer it is good idea to use a fixed type barrel, rather then a standard tilting barrel because the increased weight at the front can cause cycling problems.

I've found this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/uac-stain...l#.Vjl4x4r8WSw

not a 1911 barrel but bull barrel for hicapa, looks to be my best bet so far, just wondering if this will work good in a TM1911 if I take out the bushing. Will it still be accurate even though I'm not using a standard barrel?
bananaphone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion