Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Legality of importing Night Vision Rifle Scopes

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 22nd, 2006, 00:23   #31
DJ_Mittens
Rest in Peace

Send a message via MSN to DJ_Mittens
Here's a slight variation of the original question.

We know that US companies cannot legally export Gen 2/3+ outside of the US without a license. Are there restrictions for such companies selling these products in person. For example, I'm heading to Buffalo next week and am thinking of picking up a Gen 2 monocular. Will the store have a fit if they find I'm Canadian? Will Canadian customs (for whatever reason) have a fit?
DJ_Mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:29   #32
Blastyman

Send a message via ICQ to Blastyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastyman
You got ripped mine cost less then 300 shipped! =p
Gryphon has a point. Mines brand new with a 4 year warranty. 3x42 NVRS, camera adaptable etc. I'm quite happy with it and couldn't find anything near that price for the quality. Post your specs Blastyman and lets compare. And how much below $300 was yours?
Sheesh can't anybody take a joke anymore! lol

But specs for comparison.

ATN viper $268.00 shipped

Magnification : 1x (optional 4x,8x)
Intensifier tube: Gen1+;High res
FOV : 20*
Resolution : 40lp/mm
Min light : 5x10-3 Lus
Range of focus : 1' to Infinity
power 3v lithium
Battery life 10-20 hrs
Operating temp : -30f to +110f
Dimenisions 137mmx87mmx43mm
Weight 6.5oz
Camera adaptable
Only 2 year warranty
Blastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 04:52   #33
Falcon_MB

Send a message via MSN to Falcon_MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Mittens
Here's a slight variation of the original question.

We know that US companies cannot legally export Gen 2/3+ outside of the US without a license. Are there restrictions for such companies selling these products in person. For example, I'm heading to Buffalo next week and am thinking of picking up a Gen 2 monocular. Will the store have a fit if they find I'm Canadian? Will Canadian customs (for whatever reason) have a fit?
You shouldn't have a problem. Gen 3 is Mil/LE only, but Gen2+ you shouldn't have a problem bringing into Canada and if you are buying in person in the US there's really no problem with that either. You'll have to declare it if it puts you over your personal exempion, which it will since you'll pay at least $1100USD for Gen2, so they'll tax you at the border.

I would phone ahead to customs just to be on the safe side.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 05:07   #34
Deathcom4
Banned

i looked all around calgary for one until i came across a store that had a few gen 1 and 2 in i got one for 500 bucks or so not bad i llike it alot
Deathcom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:32   #35
DJ_Mittens
Rest in Peace

Send a message via MSN to DJ_Mittens
I'll just ask when I'm on my way over. However, there shouldn't be any tax on the equipment if it was manufactured in the USA - huzzah for NAFTA. As long as you have proof it was manufactured there, you're good to go, it's worked for me many times in the past.
DJ_Mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:28   #36
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
If you bring a gen 3 scope into Canada the only thing Customs will care about is the taxes you're supposed to pay on it. You can bring a gen (whatever) in, the Canadian side won't care. It's the US side that will freak if they find out you're taking one out of the country. I tried to purchase a Spectre IR from several different vendors in the US and I went so far as to contact people in the US State Department for the proper paperwork, telling them who I was (Canadian soldier going overseas, trying to purchase kit at my own expense, yada yada). I was shot down at every turn which was rather disheartening, since the Spectre IR is produced by Elcan Canada then shipped to the US. I couldn't even purchase one from the manufacturer directly, or any Canadian retailer I contacted.
It's all covered in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Google it, it's a long document but easily searchable and an interesting read.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2015, 21:40   #37
Meters
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Meters
Night vision and thermal scope for sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_MB View Post
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows of any concerns with importing night vision. Specifically Night Vision Scopes designed to mount to a weaver rail.

Anyone know any specifics about what generations are allowed? Does customs differentiate between Gen.1, Gen.1+, Gen.2, Gen.6?

There's some great deals down in the states, just wondering if anyone knows if I'll have a problem with having them shipped up here.

Thanks.
We are manufacture of night vision and thermal scope without any limited to Canda in China, pls contact me at sales1@pronv.cn
Meters is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion