Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How many of you guys use a red dot?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 29th, 2015, 16:18   #76
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

I run a replica EoTech on my m4 and I have to say it makes life 10x easier than using an iron sight. Just put the dot on the bad guy and pull the trigger.
(I only play CQB btw)
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 16:45   #77
8bitninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
I have a few of those vials. They are only 3mm in diameter. Pretty hard to hit if the vials are shrouded on the front and only the back exposed for stealthy use.
It also should be noted that tritium vials generally aren't very bright. I affix them to my keys and flashlight to find them in pitch dark. In the situations of low light, they're dim at best (especially going beyond simply green color).
Old October 30th, 2015, 13:40   #78
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitninja View Post
It also should be noted that tritium vials generally aren't very bright. I affix them to my keys and flashlight to find them in pitch dark. In the situations of low light, they're dim at best (especially going beyond simply green color).
Well thats kinda why people use them, a faint glow when looking through a sight, allows you to use the sight and not give yourself away all too much
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 13:57   #79
8bitninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Well thats kinda why people use them, a faint glow when looking through a sight, allows you to use the sight and not give yourself away all too much

I'll have to check it out. I guess when you're in constant darkness it would help. If it's dim, then your eyes may have trouble picking it up quickly.
Old October 30th, 2015, 14:19   #80
Datawraith

Hmm... That's not what I remember the tritium's for... It's not so much as the glow allowing to see the iron sights themselves, but having 3 faint glowing dots that let you line up a target. Think of pistol tritium sights. Even if it's dim, it'll glow a different colour than the background so you can see it.

My ice blue vials glow quite nicely and really bright, so I don't know if your vials are getting old or just the manufacturer?
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion