Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC scar (mk16/17) Owners

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 4th, 2011, 23:56   #1
wobblypop

VFC scar (mk16/17) Owners

Well unless you own one I suppose you really wouldn't know (so many conflicting stories, threads and opinions). I am now resorting to calling in the experienced owners. I would like to know if there has been any improvements to newer ('09, '10, '11) VFC scar internals? Some say yes some say no. How much abuse have you given yours? Give me your knowledge good people of ASC. Cheers!
Old December 5th, 2011, 00:30   #2
Danke

I had to put a new cut off lever into min, it is a first gen version.

The only time I've heard about major problems seems to really come hand in hand with folks who tried to change parts without really thinking things through.

The battery compartment is pretty small, but with all the LiFe and LiPo batteries out there now that's no big deal.
Old December 5th, 2011, 00:34   #3
wobblypop

Thanks Danke, in cruising these forums for what seems like hours (new dads don't get out much), i've noticed you are a vfc scar fan. Good to know that your "first gen" (still don't know what determines that) works great!
Old December 5th, 2011, 00:41   #4
Danke

If you haven't yet you can check over the big thread in the Arnies Airsoft reveiws.

I find the only real problem with the MK16 is that no one is using it now. In the fashion concious world of airsoft that makes it a tough sell when you're getting the bags packed for a day's game. I'll try to rotate mine out at least once a season though.

The setup of the controls is great. The mags and pouches being common with other M4 types is great. The out of the box accuracy is great too.
Old December 5th, 2011, 01:58   #5
wobblypop

Very true, but that is also the draw for many... not EVERYONE has one. my eyes have bled looking at M4's the last few years. The scar, although not exactly "new" to airsoft, is relatively scarce. That is why looking for extended performance reviews are difficult to come by. Most threads are just littered with people's uneducated opinions, good or bad. Long term VFC SCAR owners let me hear you on your aeg performance. (Arnie's is a good thread I just like to hear from us Canadians who look at our load outs like the Stanley cup)
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:14   #6
Danke

I'll shoot a pic of it's current setup tomorrow.
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:48   #7
wobblypop

Looking forward to seeing that!
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:44   #8
wobblypop

glad to hear you are running strong with your full load out!
SCAR vets unite. Warn and or encourage potential owners here.
Love it?
Hate it?
Why on both and what makes each point unique to the scar as opposed to other aeg's would be great!
Cheers
Old December 5th, 2011, 23:39   #9
wobblypop

you got that load out pic Danke? itch'in to check it out. My eyes need a massage from all the m4 pics out there.
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:54   #10
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Mines not the VFC but the CA, but what makes SCAR's different from other AEGs? Well being basically An M4 with ambi is really nice. as is the full length rails. The highly customizable V2 gearbox is nice too.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 14:53   #11
lanepratt
AV revoked.

I have a Heavy and Light, and have worked on a lot of vfc scars, Things i have notice are they started using a different motor, and they changed the front site so that you do not have to push the pin in to fold it. Internally i have not noticed anything same parts, and pistons.

Also they lost rights to put trades on the scars so there are a lot out there with no trades. They have since corrected this and are allowed to put trades on which will include the FN hernstal Logo
lanepratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 20:18   #12
Danke

KAC handstop, PEQ box with light and LASER, KAC scope mount & Barska variable zoom.
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:45   #13
wobblypop

Thanks for the aeg info lanepratt. Its good to hear from some experienced users on their thoughts of the scar, including their changes over the years. Although not much has changed internally it seems a safe bet to assume its a well rounded reliable aeg despite some of its gear box 'short comings" ie: plastic bushings, hard hammering pistons. It seems despite "chairsofter" opinions, those who game the VFC scar have had a steady performing aeg. Chime in with your support and or arguments to this.
Danke: Love the scar pr0n! im considering the longer outer for my aeg. im thinking a black scar with OD furniture would be nice for various bdu.
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:57   #14
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepratt View Post

Also they lost rights to put trades on the scars so there are a lot out there with no trades. They have since corrected this and are allowed to put trades on which will include the FN hernstal Logo
Sadly the new trades aren't as nice as the old ones. As for the internals of the VFC SCAR, many of the very first gen VFCs such as SCAR variants and 416s came with plastic bushing, which was quite appalling considering how much they were going for back in the day. This has since been corrected. As for the motors, I'm not quite sure what VFC is doing with the current line up. Last time I had a look at a VFC SCAR H, it had a powerful red coloured motor. My VFC SR-15 (I know, it's not a SCAR) had a crappy silver coloured motor.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 19:19   #15
wobblypop

Good to hear from those who have cracked these bad boys open. I suppose i have a newer version as it has some sort of serial number followed by Mk17 Mod 0 and so on. Nice to know it has metal bushings and an upgraded motor. Anyone running lipo?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion