Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Scope for SR-25

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 6th, 2007, 16:06   #31
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

[QUOTE=Scarecrow;497653]/QUOTE]

Scarcrow, your paintjob is amasing! I'll do the same on my new M700!

Replica scopes are crap. Even if they look good, the image quality is really deficient. A cheap hunting scope from bushnell will outclass any Tasco crap or china replica. When it come to scopes, it's not just about the look. My M24 has a bushnell banner 3-9x40mm wich is amasingly clear. My M700 curently sport a Tasco 3-9x40mm illuminated, wich is uber crap. Try some before you buy.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:07   #32
SovietHippie

Send a message via AIM to SovietHippie Send a message via MSN to SovietHippie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Am i not better off with a sniper scope and one of those on top?
Sorry, but the thought of the look of that makes me laugh, you would look pretty stupid. I think you would be better off putting Iron/Battle sites on top rather than a RDS, probably cheaper too.
SovietHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:11   #33
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I wouldn't settle for anything less that 50mm field of view and even thats a little tight. Any magnification over 3x and you're going to narrow your field of view. I think the Elcan knock off is the best option (for me personally) as it lets you put a scope on thats being used in the real world, but that won't interfere with your airsoft experience.

Now if you're just trying to recreate the look and you take the scope off, then by all means get a chinese knockoff (you're in for look, not functionality), BUT if you expect to be able to effectively use a scope with real magnification characteristics as RS in airsoft and actually engage targets at the distances we engage at, you're in for a surprise - I know I was. I went back to the safe area, took it off and went with iron sights for the rest of the day.

The only other option is the EOTech Holosight. That puppy is the cats ass in both airsoft and real steel and I use mine on three different platforms, a real shotgun (gotten 5 geese so far with it), my real AR15 (30m engagements put rounds in a circle no bigger than a toonie) and my airsoft C8.

I don't want to dissuade you from going for the look you want, but, you should know what the net result is going to be.

Has anyone here had good experiences with airsoft and magnified optics beyond 6x and 40mm or under? If so, what do you do to cope with the narrow field of view?
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:12   #34
Nova316

http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-h...5-6x42-ir.html

Thats the scope I use and its amazing, the center crosshair is illuminated red as well so its easy to shoot in the dark. Isnt to bulky, and has a great finish on it... Heres it ontop of my M4
Its 1.5-6x IR
Sorry for the low res pic

Nova316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:14   #35
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Scarcrow, your paintjob is amasing! I'll do the same on my new M700!
Thanks, wish I could take credit for that talent but Viking did the paint job on it. I saw the way he did one of his and I just had to have the same. The only difference is he put a lot more green into mine as opposed to tan because of my preference for woodland play settings, but I can still do desert or woodland renactments with this and the camo remains effective.
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:18   #36
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietHippie View Post
Sorry, but the thought of the look of that makes me laugh, you would look pretty stupid. I think you would be better off putting Iron/Battle sites on top rather than a RDS, probably cheaper too.
http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload...700SO-DT2L.jpg

Looks far from stupid.

On the fake vs real thing, i want a real scope, not a airsoft plastic crap one. Some cost a couple hundred dollars, but other's don't. I was told by a lot of people that i won't need more than 3-9x40mm, and anything more wasn't gonna be use. If that wasn't true, well thats new to me. I played in NY and the fields are small, but i had people that played in the BIG fields told me anything more was overkilled >_>

Whare are the 3 brands i should stick with? I know Leopold but they are a bit to pricey for a airsoft gun i think.

Last edited by Ronan; July 6th, 2007 at 16:26..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:23   #37
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

The Pro-Arms Elcan is $130 CAD, which isn't half bad if you're trying to do it on a budget. Don't forget on the Chinese scopes you're probably going to get dinged for taxes and duties if you import. Local suppliers seem to have traditional sniper type scopes for $70-$90.

I'd just hate to see you hit the field and discover its useless and have wasted hard earned cash. On the other hand I've told you my experience with it, so, do what you feel you want to do - my opinion is just that - an opinion. You may find it works for you. Everyone is different.

Good luck and enjoy whatever purchase you make!
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:24   #38
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
A Docter is a hell of a lot smaller than an Elcan.
Old July 6th, 2007, 16:35   #39
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantelope View Post
A Docter is a hell of a lot smaller than an Elcan.
Thats what i ment. Didn't mean to put a Elcan on top of a scope... can't even imagine what that would be like O_o
Old July 6th, 2007, 17:10   #40
Ronan

Ok i found the following:
Bushnell:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/bush-rs-bnr-714124.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-3-9x40-banner.html

Barska:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-v...-20x50-ao.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-h...-12x50-ir.html

Only the last one is illuminated, is that a must have for games? Or is it only usefull when its pitch black?
Old July 6th, 2007, 17:58   #41
Nova316

I dont think u should get anything over 3x zoom since I dont think your bb's can go that far
Nova316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 18:01   #42
SovietHippie

Send a message via AIM to SovietHippie Send a message via MSN to SovietHippie
Quote:
Thats what i ment. Didn't mean to put a Elcan on top of a scope... can't even imagine what that would be like O_o
Bah, sorry from reading your posts I was under the assumption that you were going to put an ELCAN or ACOG on, I was even going to suggest putting on an EOTECH, but decided against it.
SovietHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 18:04   #43
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova316 View Post
I dont think u should get anything over 3x zoom since I dont think your bb's can go that far
Having higher magnification in airsoft is not about shooting farther, it's about seeing farther. Most of the shooting, if not all, is done a 3x. But when it's time to ID a target or survey an erea at long range, 9 or 10x is very very usefull.

40mm optic is the minimum IMO, 50mm is not overkill, it allow more light to come in the scope for better visibility, and whider field of view.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 18:08   #44
Ronan

Ok thx Fox
Man we should meet up with Cassius and grab a beer and some pizza and talk about guns and how much a noob i can be on forums^^ Both you guys live 25 mins from my place lol

So i'll go with a 3-9x50mm or 3-12x50mm from a good brand then Probably with a Bushnell since thats what you use and got good review for it
Old July 6th, 2007, 21:08   #45
Cassius

Barska scopes are built in China yet they are not replicas. Barska has been selling scopes for over 10 years and their optics are nowadays found on US soldiers in warzones.

I myself own a Barska 4x SKS Scope which cost me around 100$ with shipping. I mounted it on high rings on my SR16 and I use it for precision shooting and to scan the field ahead

If you want a good real steel scope yet don't feel like spending 600$ on a scope I strongly recommend Barska. I currently have a Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x 40mm scope on my M24 and it is also a very good and reliable scope.

Getting a scope with tactical knobs is a bit overkill for airsoft as you can't really make proper windage and elevation adjustments with your engagement distance.

I wouldn't get a Leupold but I wouldn't get a replica as well. I'd feel a bit stupid placing a 1000$ Leupold M3 scope on my SR16 but at the same time I wouldn't feel better saying it's an M3 wannabe chinese knock off that I bought for 30$ shipping included. That of course, is my personnal opinion. I think there is a sweet spot in between cheap replicas and pricey real steel scopes.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion