Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JG G36c Metal Bushings

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 30th, 2008, 17:49   #1
Remi_3255

JG G36c Metal Bushings

Hello,

Does anyone know how many mms the above gun requires? I see metal bushings come in 6mm or 7mm.

Thanks for the help.

Remi
Remi_3255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 17:50   #2
Syn

6mm in stock jg g36c mechbox.
eg http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=676

Last edited by Syn; July 30th, 2008 at 17:57..
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 17:57   #3
Remi_3255

Thanks a bunch

One more question I should have asked in my origional post. What mm shims does this mech box need? Any recommedations on a cheap set.
Old July 30th, 2008, 18:03   #4
Syn

a whole set and you have to do trial and error to find the best fit, not too tight, not too loose. oh joy.
Google or check this forum for a shimming guide.

FOUR DOLLARS Canadian or 212,005,394,295 Zimbabwe Dollars

24 pc set
6X 0.1mm
6X 0.15mm
6X 0.3mm
6X 0.5mm

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=880

one tip, when I took mine apart, I noted which shims when on which gears so I kind of had a head start of what thicknesses to start with.

On my second JG g36c mechbox I just got a Modify gearset and popped it in the mechbox. It is pre-shimmed.

Last edited by Syn; July 30th, 2008 at 18:10..
Old July 30th, 2008, 18:35   #5
Remi_3255

Thanks Syn for all your help thus far,

Anyhow, from airsoftparts.ca can you recommend a set of cheap, but usable bushings?
Old July 30th, 2008, 18:46   #6
Syn

I don't think there is much difference in price between the cheaper and the higher priced one. I think you just pay more for stronger metal but you also get added feature such as oil or double oil channel.

I am leaning towards this $15: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=967
"Double oil channel design
These are made specifically for the old version Jing Gong gearboxes, which use thinner and slightly wider 6mm bushings. New version JG gearboxes take regular 6mm bushings."

The older JG g36c had the nylon bushing. I believe the newer ones all went to metal bushing preinstalled. Newer JGg36c is called version 3 with metal bushings.

You can Pm Jugglez (he owns airsoftparts.ca) he probably knows more.

But I just used a $20 set of bushings in mine but I noticed two of them kept falling out if I turend the half shell of the mechbox upside down. But it all fit in the end.
IIRC these ones I got from another seller http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=676

Last edited by Syn; July 30th, 2008 at 18:55..
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:04   #7
Remi_3255

Hey Syn,

It was confirmed that my JG has a version 3 gear box. Does this mean that it already has metal bushings?
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:14   #8
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
Hey buddy give this thread a read:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...&highlight=g36
Old July 30th, 2008, 19:22   #9
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi_3255 View Post
Hey Syn,

It was confirmed that my JG has a version 3 gear box. Does this mean that it already has metal bushings?

no you are confusing two different things.

ALL JG G36c have a ver3 mechbox. But Echo1 sold different versions of the gun exactly same as JG g36c. Echo1 for example took Jg guns and preinstalled the metal bushing so on the box of the gun it says "new version 3" of the gun "with metal bushings"

But version 1 of the gun although it had a version 3 mechbox had nylon bushings. THe version 3 of the gun (with ver3 mechbox) had metal bushings preinstalled.

When you take out the mechbox look on the shell from the outside, you will either see white nylon bushings 3 per side or you will see 3 grey metal bushings 3 per side.

If you already have metal bushings --->celebrate because you just saved yourself time and money.

Last edited by Syn; July 30th, 2008 at 19:35..
Old July 30th, 2008, 22:24   #10
Remi_3255

AHHH, thanks for clearifying that up for me. Anyhow, i've got another newb question for you. What kind of grease do I use when I redo my gears and cleaned out all that nasty JG grease.

Hey Jugglez, thanks for that. I've read that like 20 times hahaha.. but i guess when I was reading it I wasn't really ready to take the gun apart so I didn't pay attention to those parts.

But thanks.

Edited: okay i see what you mean Jugglez.. I've read it over again and yes it does come with plastic bushings hahaha. Anyway, since you are keeping a tag on my posts you'll know what I need from you then!! hahaha.

I might see you Thursday at A51.

Last edited by Remi_3255; July 30th, 2008 at 23:13..
Old July 30th, 2008, 23:58   #11
Syn

imo white lithium for the gears, and then find something silicone based thinner grease for the cylinder that won't eat the oring on the piston head.

I got a tube of superlube grease, waiting to trying a little in the cylinder, not sure if its too thin for the gears.

oh and drop of light weight silicone oil for mags, hopup chamber and barrel. only a few drops in total for all those parts mentioned, no point in over lubing which can be just as bad as not enough lube. eg too much lube on hopup, bb will be flying all over the freaking place until lube comes off and the the hopup setting will be more stable, consistent.

Last edited by Syn; July 31st, 2008 at 00:01..
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:48   #12
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
just reading this thread brings up a few minor questions for me...

1. i got a g&p lube set for when i re-greased my krakens gearbox. it had white lithium grease, bearing oil, and cylinder oil. since the cylinder oil goes in there with the piston and pistion head where the o-ring is, is that then safe to put in the hop-up also?

2. if youre not a serious gamer/skirmisher and only shoot your aeg's sometimes is it really necessary to upgrade to metal bushings?

3. ak's and g36 models all take v3 gearboxes and i have two g36 types with v3's in them. so to save me the time and trouble of taking apart some guns just to find out.. do all v3 gearboxes have the screw in area where the ak's selector lever goes? cuz i cant member if they did but i do remember that they have the hole where the gear goes from the selector lever to the other side to operate the selector plate
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:59   #13
Remi_3255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
imo white lithium for the gears, and then find something silicone based thinner grease for the cylinder that won't eat the oring on the piston head.

I got a tube of superlube grease, waiting to trying a little in the cylinder, not sure if its too thin for the gears.

oh and drop of light weight silicone oil for mags, hopup chamber and barrel. only a few drops in total for all those parts mentioned, no point in over lubing which can be just as bad as not enough lube. eg too much lube on hopup, bb will be flying all over the freaking place until lube comes off and the the hopup setting will be more stable, consistent.
Perfect! this answered so many of my questions, that i've been sooooooo confused about! I've been told that I shouldn't have any kind of lube whatsoever in the barrel and the hopup.

Probably one final question for the day. Where would I find all these kinds of lubes? I know Jugglez has the sili oil, that's about it.

Again, thanks for all your help!
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:06   #14
Syn

Well you have to keep the rubber (or whatever vinyl) hopup sleeve and nub flexible so it needs some kind of lube or it will dry out.

As for barrel it gets a drop of silicone oil just before I run a tiny piece of cloth through it with that plastic stick you got with the JG gun. So technically I did lube the inner barrel but it probably had most of it wiped away because of the terry cloth strip. Worst thing you can do is scratch the inner barrel so don't stick anything metal in there. Even put an extra drop of silly oil light weight in the barrel after cleaning will not hurt it as long as you do not overlube.

Finding lube can be hard. I just spent time googling and researching airsoft/paintball forums for lubes. I finally found the superlube at brafasco. I heard it is great for cylinder but I have not tried it yet but it sounds great for reading the ingredients synthetic teflon so it shound make my oring slippier than snot on a doorknob.

white lithium canadian tire
silly oil light weight jugglez.

I had a few fancy bicycle bearing greases that worked great on gears in the past but I decided to take it out in case any got in the cylinder and might eat the oring.

Also ebay or any buddies you play with could just spoon you a little in a plastic bag for a dollar.

Last edited by Syn; July 31st, 2008 at 09:26..
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:35   #15
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
just reading this thread brings up a few minor questions for me...

1. i got a g&p lube set for when i re-greased my krakens gearbox. it had white lithium grease, bearing oil, and cylinder oil. since the cylinder oil goes in there with the piston and pistion head where the o-ring is, is that then safe to put in the hop-up also?

2. if youre not a serious gamer/skirmisher and only shoot your aeg's sometimes is it really necessary to upgrade to metal bushings?

3. ak's and g36 models all take v3 gearboxes and i have two g36 types with v3's in them. so to save me the time and trouble of taking apart some guns just to find out.. do all v3 gearboxes have the screw in area where the ak's selector lever goes? cuz i cant member if they did but i do remember that they have the hole where the gear goes from the selector lever to the other side to operate the selector plate
1) I don't know much about the set sorry, likely a gun doc or the seller would know more.
2) No, just use it until the bushing breaks then go to metal.
3) All of the 9-10 Jg g36c I have seen so far, metal or nylon bushing version had the hole. This hole right?

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner