Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best Silicone Lube for GBB Pistols

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 28th, 2012, 20:19   #1
dyims

Best Silicone Lube for GBB Pistols

Hi,

I just purchased a KJW 1911 MEU GBB from 007 Airsoft. I am new to GBB, and I like to get some advice on choosing the right silicone lube for my gun. What are the best brands out there do you recommend? Are the silicone lube sold by buyairsoft found here: https://www.buyairsoft.ca/silicon-oil.html

any good? I don't mind the price as long as it can keep my gun lasting as long as possible. I m looking for high quality silicone lubes only.
dyims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 20:46   #2
Ballcancer

Buy "AI silicone GBB oil ... Perfect weight and not expensive .. Also will last you quite a while. You can pick it up at www.airsoftparts.ca
Old January 30th, 2012, 01:52   #3
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

If you're talking about the silicon oil to add with propane, then the AI one is good. For lubing the internals of your gbb, I suggest silicone or teflon grease instead of oil. Silicon for parts with seal/rubber like the piston and floating valve. Teflon for the metal parts such as slide rails and hammer.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:20   #4
dyims

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoYokoPoco View Post
If you're talking about the silicon oil to add with propane, then the AI one is good. For lubing the internals of your gbb, I suggest silicone or teflon grease instead of oil. Silicon for parts with seal/rubber like the piston and floating valve. Teflon for the metal parts such as slide rails and hammer.
Can I use the AI one for the internals too? Where can I purchase the silicone grease? Is there a certain brand that you can recommend?
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:26   #5
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyims View Post
Can I use the AI one for the internals too? Where can I purchase the silicone grease? Is there a certain brand that you can recommend?
The AI one should be added to your propane to lube the internals while firing your gun. If you're using green gas cans, it won't be necessary.

You can find silicon grease at your local hobby stores. If you can't get it there,
airsoftparts.ca has some:
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1321

As for the teflon grease, Canadian Tire carries a multi purpose synthetic grease made by Permatex that works really well.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 05:32   #6
dyims

I see... Well, I guess the AI one is not what I really need because I only use green gas on my gun. Thanks for the help though!
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:16   #7
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Silicone oil is only good for keeping the o-rings and rubbers moist, which happens as you fire the gun. This is why it's recommended to apply it to your gas source.

If you're looking for actual lubrication between metal components, your best bet is Super Lube or any other similar synthetic grease (with NO petroleum distillates!)

I have Super Lube in stock, but it's not cheap to ship a tube to the other side of the country if you're not looking to buy a few other items with it (or multiple tubes). Instead, I would recommend you check locally to see if any hardware shops carry it. It's one of the best general lubes I've found for airsoft use- especially for it's price. I still prefer it over all the expensive high end airsoft lubes I have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyims View Post
I see... Well, I guess the AI one is not what I really need because I only use green gas on my gun. Thanks for the help though!
Why would you waste all your money on green gas?

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/green-gas-propane
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 16:13   #8
dyims

Thanks Illusion.

I will look around my local hardware shop to see if they carry any super lube. You guys here have all been very helpful. I ve learned a lot about GBB on the
last few days here.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner