Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

carbine mod stock for m4

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 3rd, 2009, 00:24   #1
BeAcH

carbine mod stock for m4

So im going with this stock on my m4, just wondering if im stuck using a mini or is it possible to go with a larger style battery? I would like to run a 10.8V battery if possible, if thats not possible what 9.6v do you guys recommend.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=970

Thanks

They can have my rifle when they can pry it from my dead cold fingers
BeAcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 00:28   #2
mcguyver

There are versions of that stock that will hold up to a 10.8V large battery.

I can't tell from pics though if that exact one will hold anything at all.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 00:30   #3
Drake
E-01

If you plan on using it to store your battery, you'll have to do modifications to it: its made like a real one (it says so in the description), not the battery holder ones.

You can probably find some LiPos that'll fit (if you trust em/don't mind having potential firey explosion stuff next to your face)... otherwise you'll be really limited in terms of what/how many cells you can stick in there.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 00:48   #4
BeAcH

well i guess i could always run a lipo in the buffer tube....but when i have the stock in my hands ill have to see how much room their is for battery space and possibly take out the dremel....

They can have my rifle when they can pry it from my dead cold fingers
BeAcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 00:56   #5
Pivot
formerly OlUncleGearHead

My Modstock...

Mine (the Dboys version, IIRC) has been modified to allow a linking wire to pass between the modstock's battery compartments and sits just underneath the buffer tube. No exposed wires, able to collapse the stock completely. I'm just trying to remember the exact setup, but it should be able to hold a 10.8 with some thought and carefully preplanned dremelling.

I have to melt the solder on the battery ends to be able to remove the battery from the stock, but other than that it works like a charm.

Travel tips from those who know: The battery compartment caps go missing really easily, so glue the front ones on, and use the rear ones for access. Requires removing the battery compartments to do so, but it beats trying to find replacement caps.

Check out my Gear and Clothing Sales thread, and my Parts and Accessories thread.
Pivot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 18:40   #6
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlUncleGearHead View Post
Mine (the Dboys version, IIRC) has been modified to allow a linking wire to pass between the modstock's battery compartments and sits just underneath the buffer tube. No exposed wires, able to collapse the stock completely. I'm just trying to remember the exact setup, but it should be able to hold a 10.8 with some thought and carefully preplanned dremelling.
The common mod for batteries like that is cutting length-wise slots into the aft end of the buffer tube and slots going into the stock's battery compartments to pass the wires.

Quote:
Travel tips from those who know: The battery compartment caps go missing really easily, so glue the front ones on, and use the rear ones for access. Requires removing the battery compartments to do so, but it beats trying to find replacement caps.
Or, if you want/need to keep them removable (the real ones as well as certain airsoft ones don't have rear access), dremel small holes into the caps' "handles" (the piece you grip to twist) and dummy cord 'em to the stock tube (or part of the stock itself) with fishing line or something similar.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion