Optics for G3A3? Best Comp M4 replica?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 5th, 2014, 03:40   #1
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Optics for G3A3? Best Comp M4 replica?

So I'm trying to find an optic for my G3 and I'm considering putting on a Comp M4 replica but I'm not sure who makes the most reliable replica. I'll be using a UTG low profile mount.

I've found a ton of cheap China made CompM4's with the red/green dot with mixed reviews, the G&P version which also has mixed reviews and the Dytac one which I can't seem to find any info on (seems to be rebranded china one though).

Mostly considering the Comp M4 because it uses an AA battery which means I won't need to worry about finding and replacing button batteries all the time.

I also like the trijicon reflex, looks sleek & sexy on the PTR91 (also gives me an excuse to post this awesome pic I found lol).

But I'm open to other suggestions that won't break the bank or break down after a couple of games (wouldn't mind a 1-4x scope but I'm worried about scope clearance on mounts like the SPR 1.5, as I'd like to keep the rear sight on).

So... anyone have any advice/experiences with Comp M4 replicas to share?
Old June 5th, 2014, 16:05   #2
brock0

I got a Comp M4 replica just a few weeks ago with red-dot only. No idea on manufacturer, but probably ACM. Can't recommend it. The dot isn't bad when it stays lit, but the battery connection sucks. If the cap isn't at the perfect tightness (which unfortunately isn't maximum tightness), it won't work. Doing things like shooting cause the cap to wiggle off the sweet spot and the dot goes out. Waste of $65 if you ask me.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 16:39   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Beta, I know you want a RS one.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 22:32   #4
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Thanks brock, I think I'll avoid the Comp M4 if I can't find one that's actually reliable. Though I think you might've got the "better" Comp M4 replica that's available as I'm starting to think there's only two out there with different branding, the red dot only one and the red/green dot one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Beta, I know you want a RS one.
haha, what gave that away? :P

Edit*

I've been looking into the element reflex sight beta version as another option but does anyone know if it has a triangular reticule or not?

I'm slightly confused as I've seen two element reflexes, the beta version (hobbyking has this but shows a dot) and the EX 219 version (which has the triangular reticule according to ebairsoft), but I'm not sure if they're the same sight or not. Some reviews said the beta version has the triangular reticule but I haven't seen any pics that verify this.

Last edited by beta678; June 5th, 2014 at 22:43..
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 22:53   #5
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Ermm,
no, that just ain't right

This is more like what you should be looking for.

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 23:20   #6
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

I like your taste in optics but the Hensoldt optic and mount is too rich for my blood atm haha. Though if I did get it, my G3 would look pretty much like that, less the mismatched colored furniture... and the metal body... sigh...
Old June 6th, 2014, 20:30   #7
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Similar problem, but for a 33E. MP5 mounts don't clear properly (and are crap generally).
I have scope rings and therefore prefer a rail, but am more excited by a 'appropriate' mount.
Scraping the barrel here.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2014, 22:54   #8
Wilkie

I would assume a G&P ones would be a good bet, but if you say you've heard mixed reviews, I'm not sure.

You could probably find a real Trijicon Reflex on surplus, but man, I gotta tell you, those things were crap. They were a very early design, and it showed. I've seen replicas of other sights that were better quality than the real reflex.

Those things were part of the original Sopmod kit, but there's a reason you never actually saw it finding its way on to an m4... (outside of Battlefield, for some reason...)
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 00:58   #9
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Hm... if the Trijicon Reflex is crap, real or replica, then I might just simplify everything and pick up a Element Comp M2. Its cheap, looks alright, and haven't read about that many issues and pretty much does what I want. The only problem I personally have with it after trying one out at a local shop is that my eye seems to want to focus on the dang dot and the glass has a bit of distortion which throws me off even more (didn't have this issue with the Comp M4, or the MP5 claw red dot thing which I've never been able to find a name for...). Also tried an eotech but no problems there.

Might as well ask this but, does anyone know where I can find a Eotech replica? I'm more curious than anything as it seems like they're sorta disappearing off the market. I haven't been able to find many places with them in stock at all.

Btw Wilkie, its funny that you mentioned Battlefield, I actually dusted off my PS3 and played a bit of BF3 just to see if I could use it to determine which sight I liked lol. Turn out it doesn't translate well into reality as I got pissed at attack heli's camping the shit out of our spawn and ran with the engi and stinger for the majority of the game...
Old June 7th, 2014, 09:25   #10
brock0

I was actually sent a comp M2 when I ordered the comp M4 by mistake - wish I had kept it, seemed like a much better optic in hindsight, even though the watch battery thing is annoying. Can't say for sure if it was a G&P but it too was red dot only.

FWIW the best optic I've used so far is an AABB Aimpoint T1 replica - nice dot, mounts solid, hold's zero.

Last edited by brock0; June 7th, 2014 at 09:27..
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion