Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AEG suggestions for newb

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 27th, 2013, 18:52   #16
Reaver_RRTS

MP5 is great, G&G is full metal, pretty decent for the price, I got a VA (CA?) MP5A2 with the solid stock and it's ok, shoots great but the plastic body has started to show stress signs and cracks due to a buddy handling it like a real steel in a game -_- last time I lend out to a military trainee.... G&G CM16 is also a good platform, it's an M4 with telescopic stock, it's also all plastic but it's strong, I actually was really impressed with it. I installed a Madbull Ultimate Hop Up unit in it and it rocked. Nice and light too. But I sold it and bought myself a G&G F2000 instead cuz it's my favourite bullpup weapon lol
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 02:17   #17
slowbird

I have yet to try the G&G F2000 but it does look interesting.

I recently got to try some P90's and they fit very well. Ambidextrous too which is a plus. Easy to take apart and real cap mags hold alotta rounds.
Hmmmmmm....
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:28   #18
Reaver_RRTS

The F2000 is awesome but it gets heavy and the trigger grip is something I'm not used to yet so my hand cramped after my first day using it. The P90 is good from what I hear but magazines tend to be super finicky. MP5's are great SMG platforms, with several butt stock options, various shroud/muzzle options, you can add a rail to mount optics, magazines etc. They are lightweight, and great for indoor and outdoor. P90's are bullpup so you have range and accuracy thanks to the full length barrel coupled with a small body. The trigger is a two stage trigger system, semi auto setting is one full trigger pull, on the full auto setting a half trigger pull will fire a single shot, full trigger pull, full auto. They are also fairly heavy and bulky despite their size, so a sling would be ideal. And as mentioned before, the magazine pouches are expensive, and quite long..... I'm sure you already knew that but hey that's my $0.02.
Reaver_RRTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:37   #19
SuperHog

An M4 is not heavy. It depends how much accessories you put on it. I run iron sights.

Use a sling.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:45   #20
slowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
An M4 is not heavy. It depends how much accessories you put on it. I run iron sights.

Use a sling.
I don't think anyone here said an M4 was heavy.
In fact many recommended it and I took their recommendation seriously.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:48   #21
PhantomPain

my brother use an G&P M4 magpul PTS CQB MOE, that thing is only 2 or 3inch longer compare to my ICS MP5 A5 (from the grip to the end of the barrel)

Last edited by PhantomPain; August 28th, 2013 at 10:50..
PhantomPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 21:34   #22
Dasright

How about a VFC SCAR-L? Folding and adjustable stock makes it comfortable and it uses STANAG mags like every M4. You can easily convert from 10.5" to 14.5" inch barrel by unscrewing the outer barrel extensions and swapping in a shorter inner barrel. Amazingly ergonomic, in my opinion.
Tokyo Marui G18C
KWA CZ75
Double Eagle triburst shotgun
Cyma AKS-74UN (CM045A)
Dasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 22:17   #23
Duilin

if you like the M14, have you thought about the smaller Socom models?
Duilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 23:25   #24
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
I did extensive research and settled on the Tactical Carbine version of the Classic Army M15A4 (basically a full stock m4) as my first gun. If an Armalite is what you're looking for then I think it's the best of all possible versions. You have the shortened M4 carbine barrel, which makes you less likely to smack your barrel off something when turning quickly, combined with the full stock which houses a large battery. Small batteries don't have near the run time of a large battery, not to mention that the reinforced slip ring (the ring that keeps the fore-grip on) is really strong. While this is mostly a good thing and a big step up over CA's previous M15 versions, it makes changing small batteries in the field very difficult if not impossible.

CA's M15A4 series in general is a big step up over their previous versions and as far as stock armalites go they're probably the best. All metal where the real steel version is, the plastic parts where the real steal version is plastic are made of high quality enhanced nylon fiber rather then abs for great texture and feel. Classic Army has a deal with Armalite so you get all the proper markings. Plus that deal also goes to show the quality of the manufacture, Armalite wouldn't put their name on a shoddy product.

Internally the gearbox is reinforced metal and all the gears are metal as well. It fires hotter stock then Tokyo Marui's as well, firing at 300-320 fps where your average TM only fires 280-300 fps.

All in all this is a great starter gun if you can afford it. Because it's all metal you don't have to worry nearly as much about breaking it and you won't get any of the wobble or creaking that is infamous in stock TM M4/M16's. Unfortunately affording it is the biggest problem, they're not cheap. For reference I got my CA M15A4 from the classifieds, upgraded with a bunch of Systema internals to fire 390fps, for $600 shipped which was a great price.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of Classic Army. One thing to keep in mind about Classic Army is they now have two lines, a proline and a sportline. Originally they were easy to tell apart because the proline had the metal body and the sportline had a plastic body but recently CA has been releasing their sportlines with metal bodies. The price tag should still allow you to easily tell the difference. All the pros that I went over above were regarding the proline model. The sportline model has cheaper everything internally and externally.

I'm not a big guy either, only 5'7 and this weapon fits me fine. The stuff I've loaded on the front of it makes it front heavy and overall heavy, but that's a price I'm willing to pay. You can always go with the streamlined version in the first pic. I have an mp5k-pdw as a cqb/loaner and it's very light, and very maneuverable. Even with the stuff I've tacked on to it (no pic but see my sig) it's still light and easy to move. I feel your pain when trying to keep a rifle up at length, it's worse with that grenade launcher I have on mine. The no add-ons version was much easier to aim for long periods of time though. The mp5k-pdw even more so.

My Classic Army M15A4 Tactical Carbine without external addons:

My baby, CA M15A4 Tactical Carbine with m203 grenade launcher, red dot sight and taclight:
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:00   #25
kalnaren

I'm a big fan of MP5s. I'm not a big fan of the G&G offerings. Actually, I'm not a big fan of G&G anything.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank