Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My woodland shoots

:

USA

Old May 5th, 2011, 03:03   #1
ravan318

My woodland shoots

Hey people how's it going?

These are my new photo shoots wearing my woodland equipment. Let's share your opinions, as I'm quite interested in hearing what you guys think.

P.S. I did a poor job with the applying the camo as the weather was too cold and dry for it to be smudged and applied.

Last edited by ravan318; May 5th, 2011 at 11:13..
ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:37   #2
Skladfin

you play at panther?

and your friend goes to harvard ?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:57   #3
sortie39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
you play at panther?

I am wondering too!
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:11   #4
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
you play at panther?

Yea I've been to panther before and played there, but I took this at unknown...it's got lots of trees and bushes around, so it was excellent for the effects.

Yes and he's the grad of 1636...Harvard had been training Mujahideens in their School of Asymmetric Warfare even before the Industrial Revolution. They offer DT (Doctorate of Terrorism) and MJA (Masters of Jihad Administration) as one of their most prominent programs. In order to complete the degree, undergrads are required to undertake co-op and years of work experiences. This includes mandatory training, abroad foreign exchanges, attend field camps for months, and brainwashing programs. The selection process is rigorous, with the eventual selection of certain UGs to spend extended lengths of time at lectures with the profs at caves. This is to test the level of their commitment. Finally the selected few will get to graduate with the warm welcome of 72 virgins. Facilities are readily provided, with the equipment often readily available and in abundance, such as explosives. There are many take-home kits and assignments for UGs to prepare. Many UGs continue to be in the program today, with exchanges students that can be found all over world. They are usually located in the most isolated places from normal settlements, however recently a new fad that has occurred amongst students were to study together in groups in caves and detention centers such as Abu Ghraib and Guantamolo Bay. As US and UK governments are one of the primary sponsors of these institutes, the administrations recognize the needs of the students and provide travel opportunities such as offering free flights to places never seen before by the students. They termed it as "extraordinary renditions". The opportunities allow students to visit some of the places that they would never have thought have existed and that they would ever think of existing, and most loved it so much they decided to stay, and never to be heard from again. However while many students are overly devoted, some choose to slack. One of the most famous UG currently attempted to take a vacation in a mansion at Pakistan, and as a result, the campus staff decided to pay him a visit in order to deliver the notice of suspension.

Last edited by ravan318; May 5th, 2011 at 10:57..
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:34   #5
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:21   #6
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Your pouches are falling off.

Sorry no offence intended but your gear looks cheap and poorly laid out as if no thought was given to it's placement. Also get some gloves that fit.

Nice attempt but your just not quite photo shoot ready yet.
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:26   #7
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Yeah that stands out big time man and it kind of kills the photoshoot.. attach the pouches properly.. and trigger control
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:36   #8
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex View Post
Your pouches are falling off.

Sorry no offence intended but your gear looks cheap and poorly laid out as if no thought was given to it's placement. Also get some gloves that fit.

Nice attempt but your just not quite photo shoot ready yet.
yea they were starting to break, thats why i went back to hk and exchange for some new ones.
as for placement, what do u suggest?
and gloves...they are the right size..they're just loose. if you have a pair of those nomex flight gloves, and i mean the authentic ones, u'll know what i mean

also as in cheap, i'll admit the prices are indeed, but i don't see how it is cheap any other ways, unless you're telling me to invest in $300 for a real RAV system, to imitate the layout of all the pouches, which i won't do, and to spend so much for no practical purposes. and if u're referring to the pouches, they came with the vest, so knowing that there's problems with them, i'm replacing them now.

Last edited by ravan318; May 5th, 2011 at 07:43..
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:39   #9
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowers View Post
Yeah that stands out big time man and it kind of kills the photoshoot.. attach the pouches properly.. and trigger control
I admit on the pouches needing to change, so yea I've just bought some new ones recently. As for the trigger control, can you define? (do note that some are for photographic purposes, so not much I can do about some bits of it)
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:53   #10
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravan318 View Post
as for placement, what do u suggest?

Firstly like what has been said, learn how to attach MOLLE pouches. Buy quality pouches that arent going to fall apart. And keep your finger off the trigger, etc

Remove all the useless pouches you have, unless it holds something you need immediately get rid of it. Might want to look into a backpack to carry everything else in. Backpack would be good for long Milsim games where you are in the field all day, etc

Move 2 rifle mag pouches to the left side(when wearing it) of the zipper on that vest where you have the pistol mag pouches now. Move the third rifle mag pouch just right(when wearing) of the zipper That way you aren't going to be reaching across your body to get a mag. Move the pistol mag pouches to the top of the vest. Also do you really need 4 pistol mags? You can probably get away with just 2.

Look around the second line gear gallery and the impression threads in the differet Country sub forums to get an idea of gear placement, etc

Last edited by -Skeletor-; May 5th, 2011 at 08:02..
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:16   #11
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Firstly like what has been said, learn how to attach MOLLE pouches. Buy quality pouches that arent going to fall apart. And keep your finger off the trigger, etc

Remove all the useless pouches you have, unless it holds something you need immediately get rid of it. Might want to look into a backpack to carry everything else in. Backpack would be good for long Milsim games where you are in the field all day, etc

Move 2 rifle mag pouches to the left side(when wearing it) of the zipper on that vest where you have the pistol mag pouches now. Move the third rifle mag pouch just right(when wearing) of the zipper That way you aren't going to be reaching across your body to get a mag. Move the pistol mag pouches to the top of the vest. Also do you really need 4 pistol mags? You can probably get away with just 2.

Look around the second line gear gallery and the impression threads in the differet Country sub forums to get an idea of gear placement, etc
1.Those pouches came with the vest, just getting that out first; which is also why I'm buying new pouches now.
2. Actually I do have a backpack(tactical, OD), although I don't wear it in battle because it carries nothing of significant importance.
3. Thanks for the advice regarding the pouches; I'll change those layouts when I get home
4. The pistol pouch also came with the vest too (and in fact I've thought about investing in new pistol pouches cuz the "stock pouch" sucked") I have a total of 5 pistol mags lol

Nonetheless, thanks for the advice again
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:54   #12
Frozen Tex

If those pants are a match set to the shirt, it looks like you have an ACU-cut uniform (Tru-Spec, Propper, etc). If so, you should slide so foam padding into the knees and ditch the kneepads, at least for the deep-woods, boonie-hat, recon look... They're fine with the helmeted direct-action look.
That said, don't use my pictures on ASC as a guideline; I only just decided to do the foam thing, and bought a roll of toolbox liner at Crappy Tire, and filled in the knees of my ACU and MCCUUs. I'll only use knee pads now in especially rocky or urban/industrial environments.
Also, for the "recon" look, maybe go with something lighter than the Comtacs for your radio... Bowmann/Swimmer style headset maybe?

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:37   #13
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
.......taken beside a golf course................?
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:56   #14
ravan318

unknown. |There are some trees and bushes over there

Last edited by ravan318; May 5th, 2011 at 10:58..
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:12   #15
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
You'll see where I was going with that soon.....
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA