Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:25   #676
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Hello everyone
Todd here,
I am a dreaded milsim paintballer, but I am looking to branch out to milsim airsoft. I am 31 and hang my hat in Oshawa.

I have been searching around the world of Google and Youtube, saw alot of cool AEGs and gear, I already have all the gear but I am open to suggestions on a good reliable and upgradable AEG. I am looking at the ICS-47 R.I.S at Mach1. But I can't find any reviews regarding the Canadian legal tinted lowers, any info you experienced players could give is much appreciated.
Wait until you can get Age Verified and at least take a look at what's available to you in the Classifieds section. However the ICS is a pretty decent gun, only complaints are the (3? possibly more) proprietary parts (Anti Reversal Latch, Hop Up, and Gearbox shell being the ones I know about) but that's inherent due to the split mechbox design of the ICS.

Maybe you find something you like in the classifieds, maybe you don't and go through one of the many public retailers but at least by having access to the classifieds you can get a bigger picture of what's available to you and you can also maybe find accessories, a larger variety of guns in various conditions (from junker/parts gun to fixer to used to used/upgraded to BNIB) and maybe even package deals (ie. includes extra battery, extra mags, optics, half a bag of BB's etc.)

NB: "AV" does not have any legal bearing whatsoever rather it's an action implemented by this forum to limit minors (and unsavoury characters, ie. chavs, and wiggers) from procuring guns and getting on the news.
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:37   #677
GermánSP

Hi Everyone

My name is Germán, i´m 24 (next month) and i´m from Spain.

I´ve been playing Airsoft about 5 years ago and i´m willing to learn some things from another points of the world.

I found this Forum when I was searching for an Open Bolt opcion for my Scar WE. I´m sure we can learn a lot of things from both sides.

Anyway if you are curious, our club-Webpage is "www.airsoftmadrid.com"

I think that´s all

PD: Sorry if my English is not very good (i keep practising ^^ )
GermánSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:41   #678
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermánSP View Post
Hi Everyone

My name is Germán, i´m 24 (next month) and i´m from Spain.

I´ve been playing Airsoft about 5 years ago and i´m willing to learn some things from another points of the world.

I found this Forum when I was searching for an Open Bolt opcion for my Scar WE. I´m sure we can learn a lot of things from both sides.

Anyway if you are curious, our club-Webpage is "www.airsoftmadrid.com"

I think that´s all

PD: Sorry if my English is not very good (i keep practising ^^ )
Your website rocks. But I would Highly recommend no one visit it whilst at work as there are NSFW pictures of lovely topless ladies brandishing airsoft.

Welcome.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:49   #679
GermánSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
Your website rocks. But I would Highly recommend no one visit it whilst at work as there are NSFW pictures of lovely topless ladies brandishing airsoft.

Welcome.
jajaja, those photos are couse one of our memmbers is a Model-photographer, and he used to post it in our gallery. The Patch they are holding is our Club-Patch ^^

Anyway they are not in Top-less, they are dressed jeje. What "NFSW" mean?
GermánSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:34   #680
Kefray

"Not Safe for Work"
Kefray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 00:05   #681
punkgirl123

Hello, my name is Janine, i am new to this and my boyfriend is the one that is all into it and i thought why not join as well.

I really don't know much about this stuff but i am hoping to learn something on this website just from looking at posts, i also don't have a gun yet.

Thanks and hope to meet new people and talk.
Janine.
punkgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 21:21   #682
MStephB

Hi everybody

Hey everybody, name is Mike, I am from Ontario, just thought I would introduce myself before making any sort of profound post that would result in a "who the hell are you." I recently became interested in Airsoft after seeing a system that felt similar to the ones I am used to handling, much more so than my $700 paintball (garbage) will ever ever come. By the looks of it I have hours of reading ahead of me before I will ever be able to post again.

Cheers everybody,

Mike

Support our troops | Appuyons nos troupe
MStephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 21:30   #683
ericwilliam

Hey Mike, glad to see you've finally joined the forums! Make sure to read the FAQ, lots of questions answered there.

Old March 30th, 2011, 22:31   #684
material_defender

New to Airsoft

Hello everyone, my name is Jayson, from Saskatchewan.

I have been interested in Airsoft for quite a while, but I haven't joined a group or anything yet. I was introduced to Airsoft by a friend in college, and have been wanting to join up ever since, but I have been far too busy with work, and other things. Now that my schedule has let up, I have a chance.

I plan on getting age verified and buying my gear very soon.
I hope to have this done in time for Operation Mason Relic, if possible.
material_defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 00:34   #685
weonlyfight2win

Hey everyone im Colin, From Orangeville, ON

Older brother introduced me into airsoft and i love it...or will love it if i can get something else besides a pp7 spring action pistol...i believe it is...

Anyways im looking to be ready and equiped soon.
weonlyfight2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 15:06   #686
WildCanuck

Greetings everyone.

I'm from Burlington, ON. Been interested in airsoft for awhile, recently started looking at some decently priced AEGs, or a good bolt-action spring rifle as a starter gun. Something WWII-era is preferred, but Modern will do.

And before you tell me - I just got back from Army Issue in Mississauga, and should be AV'd in a few days.

See y'all around.
WildCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 14:24   #687
Scolirk

Send a message via AIM to Scolirk Send a message via MSN to Scolirk Send a message via Yahoo to Scolirk Send a message via Skype™ to Scolirk
Hi, I should probably post at least once considering I've gone to get age verified already. Any local Mississauga groups who play often?
Scolirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 18:22   #688
CrazyCanuckles

Hey guys, I'm Karl also from Burlington. I'm coming over from the dark side (mil-sim paintballing) as well. Found out that I don't like getting paint on my +$100 MarPat BDU's so much. Liking the real looks of airsoft guns, can't wait to get on the field and spray... i mean play.

Oh and I'm also an aspiring police officer, and I've heard there are some PO's in the airsoft community. So if any of you are police officers, this is fair warning that if you inform me of your job I will pick your brains for hours :P
CrazyCanuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 21:13   #689
MidnightX

An Intro

Well here goes. Basic Info Below, but the long and short of it is this; My name is Bryan, Callsign Midnight. I have been playing scenario paintball for years in almost every aspect of the sport. But recently, due to the cost of the sport and the fact that things are leaning towards speedball guns, I haven't been playing all that much recently. (For those of you who haven't played, running a limited ammo paintball gun against an 18 year old with an Etek dumping 35bps just isn't fun).

I am big on tactics and "milsim" stuff and just returned from my local hobby shop after oggling the airsoft guns for about two hours (store owner just started selling them). After seeing the prices for both the guns and entry etc etc, I am SERIOUSLY considering the switch to airsoft!!!!

Anyway, here's the basic info stuff;

Name: Bryan
Callsign: Midnight
Prefered Style of Play: Full Milsim (ie: Realistic)
Gun: Colt M4A1 On Duty kit (not purchased yet... but I think it will be bought soon!)

Any and all helpful info for someone switching from Paintball to Airsoft would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
MidnightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 16:25   #690
muddertrucker

Hi from qc

Hi all, looking into this whole airsoft thing. Been interested for a while now but found somone at work thats already into it, son now i'm going for it. Even sold my welder to start my ''new hobby fund''

I'm not new to forums or to weapons in general so you probably won't hear from me again for a while (I'll be in the FAQ). My goal for the summer is to get a decent M-4, attend a couple small local events, gain experience and attend to one of the bigger events some time between august and end of october.

Basicly I just wanna have fun.
muddertrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank