Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 9th, 2011, 01:53   #616
AirsoftHandsdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000 View Post
Your correct. Lazer Trek allows players over 16 with parental consent. Players play on Sunday's, Monday's, and Wednesdays. However each night has certain rules as they are run by different people. Wednesday's is 18+ usually. Lazer Trek also has rental guns as well for people new to the sport and wanting to try it out.

www.jocairsoft.com <--- Website for the JOC Boards.
Thanks for the link, I'ma check it out!
AirsoftHandsdown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 04:04   #617
Grey Ops

Hey guys, my name's Connor, I don't actually play airsoft but run a milsim paintball blog called Grey Ops and joined up here mainly to lurk. I've always known ASC to be a good resource, but have just never felt particularly inclined to join until now.

Here's a brief rundown:

Name: Connor
Loc.: Ottawa (specifically Stittsville)
Age: 21 (I'll never bother to get age verified, as I have no real need to)
School: Currently an undergrad Chem/Arabic student at uOttawa
Email: Connor@greyops.net
Old January 9th, 2011, 19:51   #618
Wetmelon

Send a message via Skype™ to Wetmelon
Yooooo, whatup?! My name's Paul, hailing from Asheville, NC, but I'm originally from Goderich, ON. I studied Computer Engineering at the University of Western Ontario for year and built a cool car ---> Click here for cool car videos <---, but I managed to flunk out and get stuck back in the states

I just got into airsoft recently, and my kit includes:

JG S-System Enhanced
Camelback
1 point harness.. tan
... ? Blue jeans?
Ooh! I did buy a pair of tan boots with some camo on them...

Hehe. Being that I'm the only Canadian down here, I'm going to be grabbing some CADPAT gear and a tacvest... and more mags, and more ammo, and more mags, and... where was I? Oh right, more ammo

But to look at this stuff on here, I need to be AV'd, which is difficult from here... any ideas, guys? Any AV'ers taking a road trip to Florida who need room & board for a night? :P
Wetmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 00:48   #619
AirsoftHandsdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetmelon View Post
Yooooo, whatup?! My name's Paul, hailing from Asheville, NC, but I'm originally from Goderich, ON. I studied Computer Engineering at the University of Western Ontario for year and built a cool car ---> Click here for cool car videos <---, but I managed to flunk out and get stuck back in the states

I just got into airsoft recently, and my kit includes:

JG S-System Enhanced
Camelback
1 point harness.. tan
... ? Blue jeans?
Ooh! I did buy a pair of tan boots with some camo on them...

Hehe. Being that I'm the only Canadian down here, I'm going to be grabbing some CADPAT gear and a tacvest... and more mags, and more ammo, and more mags, and... where was I? Oh right, more ammo

But to look at this stuff on here, I need to be AV'd, which is difficult from here... any ideas, guys? Any AV'ers taking a road trip to Florida who need room & board for a night? :P
Hey there! Welcome to ASC... anyways since your Canadian but currently in the states, I dont think you can get age verified unless your in Canada and did you by the airsoft gun in the states? And are you coming back to Canada?If you are you might have some trouble getting that through :| or even not be able to get it through... BUT if your staying in the states than you can purchase your guns in the states.

Oh btw You chosed a perfect sport
Old January 10th, 2011, 00:53   #620
AirsoftHandsdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael99 View Post
hello

i'm azrael99 and im not new to airsoft but i never really got pro airsoft. only cheaps ones.

since this forum is the biggest airsoft forum in canada it's logic than i join it.

so there 2-3 infor about me:

-name: azrael99
-city: Quebec
-language: french, english
-job: landscaping
-combat experience: 6 years in the canadian forces. armored
-playing class:
*long distance : sniper
*medium distance: sharp shooter, machine gunner
*CQB , commando
Welcome to ASC . you should try out the sport and since your 25 you can get age verified, there are a few AV'ers in Quebec that can get you verified and also be able to check the classifieds and play a few games.
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:43   #621
Katatonic Tactics

hello, yes im new!

first of all; hello to everyone both new and old.
now, i have been interested and aware of this hobby for quite some time, my first air soft gun was a sig p228 springer that i got at a army surplus in quebec years ago. i then subsequently bought a tokyo marui mp5k as my AEG, two TMP's springer by Academy and a tokyo marui glock17........springer! :banghead: i bought all this back in 2002 from a company called "APEC".....i have never played an airsoft game in my life, and to be perfectly honest i haven't even used ANY of my airsoft guns since then really. it is now 2011 and i NEED a hobby. airsoft has always seemed so cool and different, i have played paintball before and enjoyed that, i am more than sure that i will like airsoft too, probably more so! i really can feel it, i know that i am ready....err well sort of. its been a long time since 2002 and i missed a lot since then, as of now i am playing catch up just trying to figure out what has changed.
now recently i dug my mp5k out of a pile of boxes plus all my gear in an effort to incorporate this hobby into my life now. great right? well after charging my mp5k and shooting a few mags something broke! it would fire but no longer feed bbs. after opening up the gear box, i found that the part that pulls back the air nossle on the gear that pulls back the piston broke off and subsequently that "monkey metal" nub destroyed another gear; the first gear that the motor drives. so yeah i HAVE to get new gears now, its too bad too since i got it brand new just i never used it, so its old but unused! i shot about 5 standard mags through it before that. oh well.
my number one priority is to have FUN that's all i want from this. i am a legal adult, i live in Toronto Ontario (down town core) i don't drive or have a car now, i did some looking around and im sure the guys at www.torontoairsoft.com are closest to me in fact they are in walking distance. i will contact them for both the age verification and gear parts at the same time! yay
there is still so much to find out and to do, that i hope im not forgetting anything in this long introduction. i hope to get to know all of you soon maybe meet some of you and play some airsoft. stay safe and remember to have lots of FUN!

over and out
Katatonic Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:19   #622
azrael99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsoftHandsdown! View Post
Welcome to ASC . you should try out the sport and since your 25 you can get age verified, there are a few AV'ers in Quebec that can get you verified and also be able to check the classifieds and play a few games.
thanks i already been check by the guy at surplus pont rouge at quebec. just waiting to be confirmed .
azrael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 20:05   #623
charlie6

Hello from Cebu City, Philippines

Hello fellow airsofters and greetings from the Philippines. My name is Butch and I have been playing the game for more than 10 years now. I have been a milsim enthusiast since then and my team (Team EMC) have hosted entirely milsim airsoft events. I am a lawyer by profession and an Army reservist in my country. Anyway, I just thought I'd join this forum to be able to share ideas and connect with other airsofters, especially those of the milsim variety. I have friends who have already migrated to Canada and hopefully I might join them in the future so hope to see you all the field.

Last edited by charlie6; January 10th, 2011 at 20:08..
charlie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 21:07   #624
elmathy

Hi everybody,

I'm Math, 24 year old, live in Bécancour ( just beside Trois-Rivières ) and currently working for an ISP as a Network Admin.

This said...

I'm a newbie in Airsoft ... I'm been looking for info for a couple months, but don't really have the time ( or take the time ) to post on ASC and go to a game ... and currently I don't know anybody that play airsoft... So maybe I can know somebody on this site to start playing...

This year I would like to close my PC and start playing for true. I don't currently own a gun, but will soon contact SHaKaL or Deadpool to be age verified and start shopping

Maybe would like to try the sport before to invest to mutch, but don't know any airsofter ... It will be cool if I can assis a game near or far Trois-Rivieres Area to see how a game day is !
elmathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 21:24   #625
carllehot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmathy View Post
Hi everybody,

I'm Math, 24 year old, live in Bécancour ( just beside Trois-Rivières ) and currently working for an ISP as a Network Admin.

This said...

I'm a newbie in Airsoft ... I'm been looking for info for a couple months, but don't really have the time ( or take the time ) to post on ASC and go to a game ... and currently I don't know anybody that play airsoft... So maybe I can know somebody on this site to start playing...

This year I would like to close my PC and start playing for true. I don't currently own a gun, but will soon contact SHaKaL or Deadpool to be age verified and start shopping

Maybe would like to try the sport before to invest to mutch, but don't know any airsofter ... It will be cool if I can assis a game near or far Trois-Rivieres Area to see how a game day is !
Hi their! If you want to find some airsofter's after reading the FAQ'S and AV, go to the Quebec section ! Their you can find some friends who will let you try! Bienvenue et amuse toi bien tu va voir que au Canada et au Quebec le airsoft grandi et j'espère tu va en fair partit !
Old January 11th, 2011, 15:52   #626
Ashworth.J

Greetings, My name is Jordan. I have just recently started airsoft and am looking forward to my first game. I just bought a KWA KM4A1 Carbine for my first rifle and I am looking at purchasing a sidearm shortly.
Ashworth.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 23:06   #627
AirsoftHandsdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael99 View Post
thanks i already been check by the guy at surplus pont rouge at quebec. just waiting to be confirmed .
Awesome ! Welcome and have fun.. oh yeah play safe too
Old January 13th, 2011, 13:23   #628
f1matt

Haven't posted anywhere yet, so I figured might as well start here.

Hi gents. I'm Matt. Live in Winnipeg. And I admit that I have a problem. Airsoft that is.

I have limited airsoft experience so far. Been on a "fun run" through a little water up at The Ranch here in Manitoba. Went to Op Cold Front in 2009. Had fun at both. Was hoping to go to Op CF again in 2010 but seriously messed up my ankle the day before and had to settle for a night of drinking instead.
f1matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 13:52   #629
Minty

What's up? I'm Minty (Vaylkon on the Ottawa Airsoft Forum) and I'm living in Ottawa.
Just got my AV and am waiting for it to actually apply.
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 20:49   #630
DarthNick

Hey guys, I'm Nick and just recently started looking into Airsoft. I don't have any equipment, and I'm working on getting AV'd now, so I can hopefully start playing this summer (after school's done).

Here's some info about me:

Name: Nick
Language: English
Job: No real job, but I do have a Youtube account which generates a bit of cash.
School: I'm at Ryerson University, first year, studying to become a Mechanical Engineer.
Combat Experience: None

Right now I'm looking for info on guns/gear/etc, so when the time comes I'll be ready to buy.
DarthNick is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank