Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AirsoftDepot - EXCELLENT!

:

Reviews

Old November 13th, 2014, 18:46   #1
baronsass

AirsoftDepot - EXCELLENT!

About three weeks back I ordered a Cyma AK47 EBB (046) direct from the site.
This was intended as a birthday present for my son. I threw in some extra mags and fluff so I could take advantage of their $300 free shipping offer. Transaction went smooth like butta. Items arrived per Canada Post without delay and in perfectly good order. I unpacked it, gave it a quick check over and cleaning, as well as a test fire - all was in order and the gun was functioning properly.

Fast forward a couple weeks and the gun hits the field for the first time in my kid's hands. About 100 rounds into the first battle of the day, the gun dies. I figure I gave him a bad battery, so we swap and still nothing. It's just dead. Luckily, I always bring a backup, so the day was not a loss, but still - new gun=no fun. That night, I gave it a more in-depth once-over... It seems that the wiring was a tad substandard with exposed sections and a woefully inadequate 10 amp fuse. I took it to my local tech, who rewired it with silver wire and completely removed the fuse. Gun is now running a-ok.

I registered my disappointment in this AK with AirsoftDepot via email and via a damning review of the product's quality out of the box on their site. Now, ordinarily, these things are ignored by most companies, but it seems AD has a different policy. Before I even got an email back, I received a $50 refund. Yes - $50. Thereafter, I received an apology via email from a lovely individual named Gloria. That's right - an apology. This is how responsible, quality businesses do e-commerce. Moreover, this is how responsible, quality businesses respect their customers. And finally, this is how responsible, quality businesses earn loyalty. They turned what was a shitty experience into the best possible outcome. In the process, they've bought themselves a customer for life as well as an advocate.

That being said, I can't recommend them enough. Shop AirsoftDepot with ironclad confidence. I know I will be - again, and again.
baronsass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 19:25   #2
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

I have to agree , Truly a Great company to deal with.
Old November 13th, 2014, 19:50   #3
brock0

This thread is still on page 1

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=165569
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 21:43   #4
gogojuice

Nice to hear.

Congrats and way to pass on the information to other potential buyers.
gogojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 22:48   #5
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Unfortunately, Airsoft depot just delivered my package to the WRONG address. I listed everything correctly so this is on their end. Hopefully they send me out another package with my address on it this time. Someone some where has a mystery box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; November 13th, 2014 at 22:54..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 23:07   #6
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
With the amount of orders Huang and his crew get daily it doesn't surprise me that things get screwed up from time to time. He's a busy guy and has little help.

Hopefully your misdirected package issue gets sorted out.
Old November 14th, 2014, 08:55   #7
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Unfortunately, Airsoft depot just delivered my package to the WRONG address. I listed everything correctly so this is on their end. Hopefully they send me out another package with my address on it this time. Someone some where has a mystery box.
Was it AD or the shipper? I've had both CP and UPS take shit to the wrong address despite the correct info on the label.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 09:30   #8
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I wouldn't know. All I know is that on my end I have everything listed correctly, and either AD or CP gave my box to someone that accepted it without questioning where it came from >.> That's what really gets me. Some dickhole out there accepted a package in someone else name because "free stuffz!".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 09:33   #9
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

wait a couple days? CP reported a package of mine delivered to my super box but I didn't get it until 5 days later. I assume they either put it in the wrong box and the person who got it took that long to figure out it wasn't theirs and sort it out with CP.
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:19   #10
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
I wouldn't know. All I know is that on my end I have everything listed correctly, and either AD or CP gave my box to someone that accepted it without questioning where it came from >.> That's what really gets me. Some dickhole out there accepted a package in someone else name because "free stuffz!".
Did you contact airsoft depot? They will be able to confirm on their shipping system, if the address is correct. If the address is incorrect, you or the shipper (AD) will be able to contact Canada Post and see if you can get something sorted out.
I don't know what CP's policy is on a misdelivered package. If it was uninsured, then you may have some problems.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:28   #11
waylander

Technically, the person who received the package has now committed theft by keeping something they know is not legally theirs. Insurance is for packages damaged in transit not for misdelivered ones, CP took responsibility for the package, they were paid for a service and have not completed that service and so have not completed their part of the contract yet. It's their responsibility to find the missing package and deliver it to the right individual. Until it reaches your hands, it's still in their custody.

Does AD not require a signature?
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 21:19   #12
unknownvariable

I find vendor support to be rather a cult like activity around here. Wrong items, missing items, wrong address and support is still strong (incl comments in other threads). But hey.. what you do with you money is up to you.

There are other vendors that check the quality of their products, don't have nearly as many complaints (that I have seen), and seem to put the effort into doing things right the first time around. They are also Canadian, one man, part time shops with a decent volume. So it can be done and without excuses.

There are options if you look around.
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:02   #13
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Technically, the person who received the package has now committed theft by keeping something they know is not legally theirs. Insurance is for packages damaged in transit not for misdelivered ones, CP took responsibility for the package, they were paid for a service and have not completed that service and so have not completed their part of the contract yet. It's their responsibility to find the missing package and deliver it to the right individual. Until it reaches your hands, it's still in their custody.

Does AD not require a signature?
Unfortunately only the shipper can initiate a parcel trace with CP. Basically OP has to get in contact with AD, say they haven't received their shit, and get AD to initiate a trace with CP.

Insurance will also cover packages that were "lost" in transit and not recovered (I say "lost" because I've had more than one package get "lost" at their Mississauga sorting plant).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:59   #14
XON50

I've had my package delivered once to another house. This was with another retailer, not airsoftdepot, that I ordered many times with before. The retailer labelled everything right, it was the idiot CP worker who delivered it to the wrong house.

Luckily the person who got my item drove to my house and gave it to me. Guess that's a positive to living in a smaller city.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's usually Canada Post that messes things up, not the retailer.
Old February 26th, 2015, 20:44   #15
BobbyDangerous

i shop there all the time now..
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews