Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hey, guys.

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 12th, 2014, 22:15   #1
Tim Foolery

Thumbs up Hey, guys.

Hey!

My buddy is an old airsoft player and I have finally seen the light. Bought a gun and batteries before ever reading that I should try the game before I buy (oh well). I'm an old paintballer and loved that. Airsoft looks way better so I don't imagine it'll be an issue.

I haven't played a game yet but I'll be out to Bigfoot or Panther sometime soon. Hopefully I can find someone there to AV me!

-Tim
Tim Foolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 22:53   #2
L473ncy

Talk to Ricochet. He's in Maple Ridge, a lot closer than any other of the Lower Mainland AV Reps (who are mainly concentrated in Richmond/Burnaby). He's very knowledgeable and will set you up.
Old November 14th, 2014, 14:39   #3
Tim Foolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Talk to Ricochet. He's in Maple Ridge, a lot closer than any other of the Lower Mainland AV Reps (who are mainly concentrated in Richmond/Burnaby). He's very knowledgeable and will set you up.
Thanks! I've contacted him.
Old November 14th, 2014, 15:56   #4
Slodin

I use to play paintball..I loved airsoft after..
ditched paintball completely..that giant mess of expensive paint on clothe is just a pain.
although in panther..drop in games I have been only using semi..so it's pretty much like paintball on that lol
Old November 14th, 2014, 18:59   #5
Tim Foolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodin View Post
I use to play paintball..I loved airsoft after..
ditched paintball completely..that giant mess of expensive paint on clothe is just a pain.
although in panther..drop in games I have been only using semi..so it's pretty much like paintball on that lol
Yeah, it just seems more strategic to me, which I like. More tactics and team work. My experience with paintball is that it was mostly "heroes" who would just spray and pray.
Old November 14th, 2014, 19:18   #6
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Foolery View Post
Yeah, it just seems more strategic to me, which I like. More tactics and team work. My experience with paintball is that it was mostly "heroes" who would just spray and pray.
Eh...... You know those guys with electro markers and crazy ramping? Yeah.... there are people like that except they shoot a laser beam of plastic. Find the right game/group and there won't be much of that, but if you find yourself with the wrong group it's pretty much going to be like 30+RPS laser beams everywhere.
Old November 14th, 2014, 19:50   #7
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
If you ever want to see that shit go away right quick, set up a Shotguns & Sniper Rifles game.

If you're lucky, the spray and pray high-rof crowd will be so embarrassed they'll never come back.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 20:16   #8
Tim Foolery

Are those 200 round shower grenade launchers worth the cash? They look awesome...
Old November 14th, 2014, 22:31   #9
viraL
Envies Disaster_Piece's hair

If you're clearing rooms - they aren't bad and have a purpose when used at a squad level. For outdoor they aren't very useful.

If you play mostly CQB they are worth taking a look at. Standalone or rifle mounted they provide a very quick and efficient way to clear a hallway or room of bad guys.
Old November 15th, 2014, 17:11   #10
Tim Foolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraL View Post
If you're clearing rooms - they aren't bad and have a purpose when used at a squad level. For outdoor they aren't very useful.

If you play mostly CQB they are worth taking a look at. Standalone or rifle mounted they provide a very quick and efficient way to clear a hallway or room of bad guys.
Maybe I'll hold off for a bit then and work on getting stuff as I need it. I have everything to play the game now (or at least ordered). Overall everything wasn't too pricey so far. All I do now is look at gear, though. So hard to not purchase everything right off the bat haha.
Old November 15th, 2014, 19:11   #11
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Eh...... You know those guys with electro markers and crazy ramping? Yeah.... there are people like that except they shoot a laser beam of plastic. Find the right game/group and there won't be much of that, but if you find yourself with the wrong group it's pretty much going to be like 30+RPS laser beams everywhere.
Exactly why I stopped playing a couple of years ago.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank